Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

Hi All,
    Just purchased a little scooter hehe in readiness to get my 'grown up' bike licence. Thought it might be helpful for me to get some 'riding' experience before I start proper lessons. Have been driving cars for 16 years so it was a little freaky riding home today from the dealer on two wheels, but after the initial nerves settled I had an awesome time

Hi, welcome.

Your better off getting lessons now, even with a scooter. Otherwise you'll get into bad habbits without knowing it.
    Personally I feel that majority of scooter riders are the most likely to harm themselves due to lack of education, tuition and knowledge of how to ride properly and for survival.

Anyways, enjoy the forum, there's a wealth of knowledge on here.
    Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Thanks for the advice, that's what I'm here for

Comment

As Sam said also welcome

Comment

Ello.
          Hang around, pick up some roadcraft from some of the people here, maybe find somebody experienced in your area that is happy to go on a coffee ride sometime with you. Went for a run with a young fellow and his scooter a few weeks ago and even not being a fabulous guide myself, I hope I imparted a few things that'll keep him around a bit longer. Sadly without any real training required to get onto a small capacity scooter, people are out there coming far too close to doing themselves fairly serious injury.

Some very simple roadcraft tips will go a long way to keeping you upright and in one piece and certainly aid you when it comes time to get a 'real' motorcycle.
          such comment
          wow
          many post

Comment

Cheers for that, think I will definately look into those lessons sooner rather than later!

Comment

Hi ya and welcome

Comment

Originally posted by who me? View Post
                Hi ya and welcome
                Thanks for the welcome, getting a good vibe from this place so far...and enjoying the personalities. BTW, love your avatar!!

Comment

G'day bellabel, welcome to our forum. Only been here a week or so myself and I'm already a PSB junky, its a good place to be. Active, friendly, and heaps of help, info and advice if you want it.
                  Last edited by Bealz; 24-10-2009, 01:26 AM.

Comment

You will like it here i am sure
                    Welcome to the nut house
                    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                    (anarchy in english )

Comment

Working...
                    X