Casey Stoner to Yamaha?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey Stoner to Yamaha?

Colin Edwards has predicted Casey Stoner will become a motogp champion, and has hinted that he has spoken to his bosses at Yamaha about the young Australian riding for the manufacturer next year.

That info comes from foxsports.com.

I am sort of practicing writing for the media at the moment, so if you want to give any feedback on anything I write (ie: the first paragraph up there) please do!

This story is interesting. I wonder how much clout Colin actually has? Just because he rates Stoner, would Yamaha neccesarily listen?
    The Twitter

Casey has done well this year....no doubt. But I think one more year at 250cc level will see him with the experience to handle the GP bike and take on big boys.

Also, does this mean that Rossi is definitley flicking Gauloises' sponsorship and going it alone on a Rossi backed Yamaha? And, Colin would need to be careful...would be rather embarrassing if Stoner moved up next year, and put in a better effort than the "Tornado". In saying that, Colin has had a good year, but disappointing by his own admission.

Speaking of Rossi...here is a spy photo of him doing some quick times in a Ferrari F1 http://www.drzoidberg.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rossi.jpg

Steve
    Originally posted by Viper
    I'm probably fucking something up.
    FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
    Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve@Oct 7 2005, 08:48 AM
      Speaking of Rossi...here is a spy photo of him doing some quick times in a Ferrari F1* http://www.drzoidberg.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rossi.jpg
      Steve
      [snapback]169329[/snapback]

Comment

Sounds like a PR angle to get more coverage before the Aussie GP to me :->

Everyone will talk up the Aussie riders, as that is what the mainstream press wants to hear, and the only way the people saying it and the Aussie riders will get mainstream press coverage. Most sports journos at the major papers wouldn't even know how many wheels a motorcycle has :->

All part of the circus...

Comment

Jeremy Burgess mentions Casey from time to time and is often seen around Stoners team. It may be just a tad early for Motogp yet?

Comment

Speaking of Rossi...here is a spy photo of him doing some quick times in a Ferrari F1 http://www.drzoidberg.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rossi.jpg

Steve

hahhahhaha GOLD

Comment

No way Stoner will end up in the GP circus next year, he needs at least another year on the 250's first.

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve@Oct 7 2005, 08:48 AM
                Speaking of Rossi...here is a spy photo of him doing some quick times in a Ferrari F1* http://www.drzoidberg.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rossi.jpg
                Steve
                [snapback]169329[/snapback]
                Gold, pure gold!
                I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Originally posted by resist1@Oct 7 2005, 08:31 AM
                  Colin Edwards has predicted Casey Stoner will become a motogp champion, and has hinted that he has spoken to his bosses at Yamaha about the young Australian riding for the manufacturer next year.
                  That info comes from foxsports.com.

I am sort of practicing writing for the media at the moment, so if you want to give any feedback on anything I write (ie: the first paragraph up there) please do!

[snapback]169326[/snapback]
                  How about something like this:

Colin Edwards, Yamaha MotoGP Factory Racing Team, has predicted Casey Stoner will become a MotoGP champion hinting that he has spoken with his bosses at Yamaha about the young Australian riding for the manufacturer next year.
                  I can't think what more you could possibly need to know... except maybe this:

Comment

Or....

...."The MotoGP silly season looks to have started early with Gauloise Yamaha rider Colin Edwards hinting that he may be replaced by Australian 250cc championship hopeful Casey Stoner. Yamaha and Gauloise team management remain tightlipped about the rumour, refusing to confirm nor deny that Stoner is to replace Edwards and also that reigning world champion Valentino Rossi will be moving to Formula One next season to drive for Ferrari. Where that leaves 2005 third place getter Edwards is anyones guess. Sources in the MotoGP paddock say that their money is on Edwards moving to the Camel Honda team to replace the luck-less Troy Bayliss, who is tipped to return to the World Superbike championship to ride for Ducati."

all will be revealed in time............

Comment

Working...
                    X