**LATEST GP SPOILERS INSIDE*** Discussion on the 2011 GP season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **LATEST GP SPOILERS INSIDE*** Discussion on the 2011 GP season

Post your general thoughts about the GP season here.
    Wins, losses, crashes, memes.

I was relatively impressed with the race last night, definitely a result as far as I'm concerned. :awesome:
    What are the odds on Rossi never winning another championship? Is he too old to bounce back from physical damage to his body?
    Is there a problem with the Ducati? Seems to be a pretty difficult beast to tame.

I think he will start running further up around mid season, with some time to heal and get a handle on the beast, he will come back, he won't be champion this year, but he has a 2? year contract, when ducati throw him back on an "upto" 1000cc package in 2012 I think he will have a serious shot at a final title.

This season tho, stoner is the obvious favourite, but Jorge and Pedo really showed some unexpected speed from initial practice/qual so should be a close season, i don't think Stoner will just run away with the title unchallenged.

Comment

i've got my money on Stoner to win, will be interesting to see if his habit of dropping the bike within the first 5 laps was really more a ducati front end issue than pushing too hard too early and stops happening. He looked very comfortable on the Honda and i think with high confidence in the bike he'll be unbeatable.

I'm a ducati fan so i hope Rossi gets better and can fight it out for podiums most races.

Comment

I'm wondering if we will see a Stoner/Pedi/Dovi podium this season?

Comment

Was good to see how everyone shaped up in a race instead of testing. Was suprised at rossi's pace. Thought he would have been slower. With the bigger engines next year I'd hope ducati can give Rossi something better to work with.

It's got to be between stoner and Lorenzo for the title. Stoner has got the best bike but you could never rule out Lorenzo.

Would like to see Spies do well now he is on a factory bike but I think he still struggles to handle the moto gp bikes but given time I'm sure he'll be challenging for wins.

Looking forward to an exciting season now....

Comment

Once spies got past Rossi he pulled 6 seconds away by the flag, I think that says a bit for him, Rossi's pace wasn't that great IMHO, he was way off the lead pack and only spies challenged him, he's always been a prick to pass.

How good was simocelli's pass on dovi?!? Nice hip and shoulder

Comment

So does this mean it was the ducatti holding stoner back last season?
              sigpic
              http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

It will be interesting to see if Casey can improve as he adapts to the bike change from last year. Most of the other guys with a couple of exceptions and one notable are on the same machinery though some have gone full factory spec.
                They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by scotch View Post
                  Stoner has got the best bike but you could never rule out Lorenzo.
                  here we go again, same babble as 2007 all over again!
                  stoner has the best bike,
                  stoner has the fastest machinery,
                  stoner has an advantage,
                  wah, wah wah!

stoner is on a new bike this year, same as rossi/capirossi/crutchlow/abrahams/elias. yet he went out there and beat them all. no doubt the bike is good, and he enjoys this circuit, but he did the same thing previously at Qatar on the ducati that Rossi (the "GOAT") could only bring home in 7th place

why is it when stoner complains about the machinery, or has an illness he is a whingy little moaner, yet when Rossi is pissing and moaning about his shoulder, about the front end, about the weather it is somehow a legitimate concern all the time?

he has had his time in the sun dominating lesser opponents. now he has some serious competition from the new wave of young guns and it is time for Rossi to put up, or shut up.

Comment

I was hoping Elias would have had a better return to the motogp season after stepping up from moto2. He has an entertaining riding style, hopefully he will come good in a fewraces time. Elias....it did not happen this round.
                    DERP

Comment

Originally posted by Martin1 View Post
                      why is it when stoner complains about the machinery, or has an illness he is a whingy little moaner, yet when Rossi is pissing and moaning about his shoulder, about the front end, about the weather it is somehow a legitimate concern all the time?

he has had his time in the sun dominating lesser opponents. now he has some serious competition from the new wave of young guns and it is time for Rossi to put up, or shut up.
                      Well said.

Comment

i was actually most surprised by depuniet, and felt pretty sorry for capirossi.

depuniet really showed something last year with LCR, and now he has given that progress away (or was his contract not re-newed?) and gone over to the Pramac team. then, first race he crashes into his team mate, ultimately ending both of their races.

Comment

Martin1
                          you nailed it,
                          REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                          (anarchy in english )

Comment

Meh, who cares aboout the Stoner/Rossi bashing?? Simple fact, Rossi is at the end of his career, Stoner is at the peak. I personally would like to see Rossi be a real challenger again but i'm not a Rossi fan boy, just simply after his career it would be nice to see him go out competitive, not the old man lapping around mid field.

I think the excitment is really with the new young guns, simmoceli and spies have some awesome potential to get up to the front runners, those two on the pace will bring some new blood to the podium, which i can't wait for, still i think Stoner/Lorenzo should have some great battles this year, and who doesnt want to see that twat Jorge get his ass handed to him??

What the fuck was with him jumping around because he got second place? Reminded me of the f1 aussie guy screaming like a loonatic because he got 1st place or something (4 wheels mmmmmmmmeh)

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
                              What the fuck was with him jumping around because he got second place?
                              that might be a tad harsh Abaddon. i really think he was genuinely surprised and shocked that he came in second, after managing only third/fourth during testing and qualifying. just the same as Pedrosa looked genuinely disappointed and devastated that he couldn't finish the race strongly.

these guys are putting it all on the line, and i'm sure the highs and lows that come with that are pretty emotional.

i was disappointed that Stoner didn't pull one of his trademark massive wheelies across the finish line though!

Comment

Working...
                              X