Stoner is the fonz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoner is the fonz

Check out the end bit of this video, Stoner pulls an 'eeeeyyyyy'.

Your ambition outweighs your talent: Stoner | Fox Sports
    The Twitter

Dumb thing to say......

Comment

Now Casey is starting the mind games, wonder if it'll rattle the 9 times world champion.
      07 MV F41000R
      09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
      07 CBR 600RR trackbike
      sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Can someone please screenshot the end of the vid? My computer isn't letting me.
        The Twitter

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post
            Dumb thing to say......
            Thought it was fairly accurate except maybe should have used "machinery" instead of "talent" but both are relevant in that situation.
            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

I don't think it was a dumb thing at all, in fact I think it was entirely justified and long-overdue.

For some reason I always find that I agree with this guy:

Stoner right to reject fake apology | Fox Sports
              The Twitter

Comment

It was warranted, it was appropriate, and it was brilliant.
                it's obvious Stoner was referring to a one-off incident, not a career, and that great Aussie sledge was in this case 100 per cent accurate.
                “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

Very disappointing comment from Stoner. He would have been better to have been humerous and not cynical to a nine-times world champion. Imagine if he had said that to Doohan / Rainey / Gardner. At the end of the day Stoner is a great rider and Rossi made a mistake but to make such a condescending insult to someone who had won 7 world titles by the age he had won 1 was poor form IMHO. At Stoner's age, Rossi was destroying all-comers, don't forget that.

And Rossi is still the best....
                  "An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law."
                  Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by astonmartinv8 View Post
                    Very disappointing comment from Stoner. He would have been better to have been humerous and not cynical to a nine-times world champion. Imagine if he had said that to Doohan / Rainey / Gardner. At the end of the day Stoner is a great rider and Rossi made a mistake but to make such a condescending insult to someone who had won 7 world titles by the age he had won 1 was poor form IMHO. At Stoner's age, Rossi was destroying all-comers, don't forget that.

perhaps rossi is starting his downward spiral to a has been on a dud bike
                    and with that come stupid moves. he was wearing his helemt because he was scared he would get a fist full, being the girlie boy he is.....bring it on....

Comment

I think the comment was accurate in this way;

Your ambition (on the Ducati) outweighs your talent (on the Yamaha).
                      2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                      In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                      Amen, brother. Amen.
                      My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

My admiration for stoner has increased 10 fold over after that race. Unfortunately, my admiration for rossi has decreased by the same amount! Seriously, what was rossi thinking trying to get through on that line???

Comment

Really? Because last I saw someone else was sporting the number 1.

Comment

Rossi is coming to the end of his career and his results will drop off what they once were. Yes he is still talented, but not as much as he used to be - riding a shit bike will not help either.

Comment

Rossi's quite happy to sledge his own team mate ("Nicky isn't smart enough to learn anything from me"). Why shouldn't he cop some in return for pulling stupid shit like that. Just because he has been champion doesnt mean people have to tip toe round him when he fucks up. And I'm sure Doohan / Rainey / Gardner would have had the decency to remove their helmets and apologise eye to eye, man to man without the media circus in tow.

Comment

Working...
                              X