Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MotoGP Phillip Island Official Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MotoGP Phillip Island Official Thread...

... or somewhere to dribble for those who are going...

Weather:

Thurs: Showers. Becoming very windy.
    Fri: A few showers. Becoming windy.
    Sat: A few showers. Windy
    Sun: Morning shower or two.

Race day looks like being the pick of the days. The paddock will be a mud heap by then!!

Flying out this Thursday morning, cant wait. Im in the Moto Heaven marquee wich I think has to be the best value for money of all the marquee's i looked into.
    • All you can eat
    • All you can drink including alcohol
    • 2 pit walks a day
    • house party Saturday night
    • transfers to and from PI from Melbourne
    • track transfers everyday
    • Private marquee and grandstand - can see 90% of the track
    • Big screen tv across the track
    • Free t-shirt
    • All for $1100

Staying right on the water in a villa near the main street in Cowes that gets closed off for night parties. This should be so awesome.
    Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Comment

Pm me your phone number, I owe you some beer! I'll be in Cowes too, arriving at our house on Tuesday.
      Have done over 3000km sofar, currently in Mt Gambier.
      Riding the Great Ocean Rd tomorrow.

Comment

Flying in Wednesday, arrive Cowes Wed evening and straight to the pub to catch up with the crew.

Unfortunately I have to stay sober during the day, and be able to work out which way to point the camera the morning after the night before

Thursday is media day, following the circus around. Need to catch up with NPS too so I can arrange a loaner D4

Friday the fun begins... I don't get to play in pit lane or on the grid, but hope to sneak a few pix on pit lane when the action is less intense.

Hoping the weather plays nice so I can get Stoner smokin the rear thru Sthn Loop and Siberia.

If I can get myself sorted will set up a Blog attached to my website. Will probably be a job for the plane flight over.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the circus. Have managed to get seats with the "Geriatric Racers" crew, as well as hopefully have a bit of an inside peek at race control as well at some stage.

Flying out Wednesday night, and back Monday night.
          Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

I dont know what time you will be in Melbourne on Wednesday but Colin Edwards is doing a store appearance at one of the bike shops.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird View Post
              I dont know what time you will be in Melbourne on Wednesday but Colin Edwards is doing a store appearance at one of the bike shops.
              You can meet MotoGP legend Colin Edwards at Melbourne’s Peter Stevens Motorcycles this Wednesday between 1pm and 2pm. The ‘Texas Tornado’ will be at 339 Elizabeth St, Melbourne from 1pm on Wednesday, 24 October.

Comment

aw f*ck i work around the corner... barely a block away but i cannot leave during work. dammit my luck.

anyhoo i am riding down to the island on friday. bike still has WA plates and i'll be wearing a PSB jumper. if you see me please say hi.

Comment

Just had a call from Andy, he's in Port Augusta for the night and continuing on his travels tomorrow morning. He slept out on the Nullabor last night, he will be staying in a house less than 1km away from the track, so I guess he'll just walk to and from, he should be there on Thursday

Comment

I'm flying out wednesday evening and due back monday arvo. seeing as i'm a gp newbie (couldnt think of a better way to spend my 40th) heres my packing list for any tips.
                    scarf
                    gloves
                    thermals
                    rain jacket
                    stubby holder
                    bottle opener
                    ear plugs
                    small 3 legged stool ( I'm general admission)
                    backpack
                    Iphone
                    beanie
                    micro speaker system for Iphone, (pity it doesnt have a free FM tuner to listen to commentary)
                    figure I'll avoid taking a thermos and just buy hot drinks and pack water.

Hanging ! :-)

Comment

I'm heading over with Friends on Friday, and have a place to stay in Cowes. Can't wait. Quick question for those that have been before, and it's probably a little stupid, but is all merchandise available from the track and all three days? I'll be looking at buying an LCR pit crew shirt.

Comment

There is plenty of merchandise available each day.

One huge enclosed building selling clothing, bikes and gear with a few stands around the place too.

I don't fancy your chances at getting and LCR Pit Shirt though but you never know i guess.

Comment

I believe the the main street in town is closed off to and they sell merch down there at night too. I have been told by a friend that it is expensive on Friday and cheap on Sunday just depends on when you want the gear.

Comment

Originally posted by scotch View Post
                            There is plenty of merchandise available each day.

One huge enclosed building selling clothing, bikes and gear with a few stands around the place too.

I don't fancy your chances at getting and LCR Pit Shirt though but you never know i guess.
                            Damn, knew I should have ordered that knock-off from Malaysia. Ah well, can only try. Cheers.

Originally posted by Thunderbird View Post
                            I believe the the main street in town is closed off to and they sell merch down there at night too. I have been told by a friend that it is expensive on Friday and cheap on Sunday just depends on when you want the gear.
                            Thanks Thunderbird. WIll check out the main drag on both nights, see whats on offer.

Comment

I've got tickets for the three days in the Doohan pavillion. Will probably spend the first 2 days wandering around the track though. Flying out Thursday.

Decided to stay up in Melbourne so I can spend the evening catching up with friends, or even getting some sleep.
                              Originally posted by The Wolf
                              That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.

Comment

Working...
                              X