Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TT / Road-racing video love thread

Because stuff like this is too good not to share

“Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

More..
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

2012 is slow motion.
      Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

Ulster Grand Prix...

Comment

Fucking poles in the Ulster GP.... fans like 2 feet off the edge of the track.... insane...

Comment

There seriously is nothing else like it, makes gp monkeys look like wimpy kids and thats saying something. I consider a tt win way more glorious than a GP win, despite the glam. Fuck prototypes, this is man vs wild
            Would you launch of a blind crest at 180mph and hover on brake and not roll off the throttle on a road launching 1.5 mtrs in the air....crikey!

Comment

The thing I love is that a lot of them are just regular guys (well other than the insanity, if you know what i mean). During the off-season they have regular jobs and you just know you'd be likely to bump into one of them in the pub.

Last edited by thro; 12-01-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

For men who push life to the edge this often, you sort of can understand why they are so laid back. Different outlook on life I think. I worship these guys like a googly eyed beiber fan. Call it a man crush mixed with envy! My eyes have inverted watching the on board footage over and over. watch it and try and pick a marker!

Thro, you will never tire of watching these units race. It will be a sad day if it does ever get chopped, the irish govt is always under pressure but even the locals accept it. Call it living life to the full + some more!!

Comment

Those are the days I miss. Not that we had that radical road races in this state but they were better than endless laps around Barbs. Although we only raced there once Kambalada was my favourite street circuit. Then I suppose Donnybrook then Collie. Oh! Hell the rest were damn good as well.

Comment

nothing else comes close for skill and bravery in the face of such obvious danger.
                    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

it's raining... fuck it...

Comment

I held F1 and MotoGP racers up with the ralley racers.... but after watching Faster and Fastest and other TT vid's they all just dropped down a peg
                        I'm a leader. Not a follower. Unless it's a dark place, Then fuck that shit you're going first.
                        Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

more

Comment

Comment

If anyone is at home, there is a doco on John McGuiness on SPEED (512, fox) at the moment on him breaking the 130mph average speed / lap.

Comment

Working...
                              X