Laguna Seca off the calendar for 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laguna Seca off the calendar for 2014

The 2014 MotoGp calendar has been released and Laguna Seca has been omitted, apparently it wasn't economically viable anymore and both the Texas and Indiana State Governments are pouring heaps of money in to keep their events in preference. Such a shame, great venue. I'm beginning to think I am jinxing the GP's, I was at Estoril last year and Laguna this year, both dumped! Indianapolis is an amazing venue, just not for motorbikes so I am saddened that it is there in preference to Laguna. Haven't been to Austin yet but by all accounts, it's a great track also. Oh well, at least I got to see Laguna at it's best with Wonder Boy winning on a beautiful Californian afternoon.

This is at Turn 4

[SIGPIC]Accredited Motorcycling Australia Road Racing Coach Level1 TRAKDAYZ

that is a shame, one of the truly great tracks.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Yup.

Like most of the truly great tracks (Original Hockenheim, Nurburgring Nordschlieffe, Spa, Suzuka, etc.) from days gone by though there's no way in hell it meets any modern safety requirements with run-off, etc.
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Ten years ago USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash!
        Now they have No Jobs, No Hope and No Cash!

Comment

I went there last year, and I thought it was a great venue! Its a shame because I was thinking of going again next year, but this changes that!

Comment

Laguna Seca off the calendar for 2014

Originally posted by Jamathi View Post
            Ten years ago USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash!
            Now they have No Jobs, No Hope and No Cash!
            You wait till Kevin Bacon dies

Comment

That's a pitty, I'd love to go back there again.
              Austin is definitely one of the tracks I want to try out.
              Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Yep a definite pity, it has always brought some great racing and some infamous overtakes. Would love to ride it myself, although it appears you can only hire 250cc trackbikes

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
                  Yep a definite pity, it has always brought some great racing and some infamous overtakes. Would love to ride it myself, although it appears you can only hire 250cc trackbikes
                  Thats not true.
                  Did California Superbike School 2 day camp there last year on their S1000rr. Friggin Awesome!!!

Motorcycle Riding School - California Superbike School

Did I mention it was friggin awesome!!
                  Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Yeah I did forget that option - although it is pretty rare (3-4 times a year?) and it is a two day camp, which I agree would be awesome. Personally I wouldn't trust myself with a 1000cc hire bike though...

Comment

Originally posted by rc_sam View Post
                      Thats not true.
                      Did California Superbike School 2 day camp there last year on their S1000rr. Friggin Awesome!!!

Motorcycle Riding School - California Superbike School

Did I mention it was friggin awesome!!
                      Looks fucking amazing man!!!!

Comment

One of the best tracks in the US with some great MotoGP memories - hope to see them back on the calendar soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X