2014 Honda RCV 1000R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Honda RCV 1000R

Last edited by BlackFZR; 08-11-2013, 07:49 AM.

thats some quality carbon fibre fairing work there
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Not too slow either methinks. Could be more competitive than I thought.

Valencia MotoGP: Honda presents 2014 Production Racer | MotoGP News | Nov 2013 | Crash.Net

Comment

I've always wondered this, and it's probably a dumb question with a simple answer, but why does this and other GP bikes have the mesh covering the exhaust outlet?

Comment

Flame retardant?

Comment

Stop Lorenzo from shoving spuds down there.
            Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

So is there Good chance that this will push Ducati back in the pack more?

Comment

"The RCV1000R chassis is based on the current RC213V prototype bike, as is the engine - a 90؛ V4 producing over 235hp of power at 16,000rpm, utilising spring valves and a traditional gear box. The bike will be delivered with ضhlins suspension and Nissin brakes. (The prototype racer has pneumatic valves, seamless gearbox and Brembo brakes)".

The times are not bad at all, considering...

I kinda wonder how much Honda would make (profit) from building and selling this bike, and I also wonder how much more a Prototype could cost over the purchase price on one of these, for the difference in times.

Nice looking bike though!

Comment

Lets hope a heap of that tech starts getting filtered down and they can set up to mass produce a heap of the components (engine block!)

Comment

its rather interesting that isn't running the showa suspension.
                    Bautista commented that they seem to have better tyre life than the bikes running ohlins, so mabey this is HRC's new tump card.

Comment

As the bikes are bought not leased, I dare say the teams will modify them as they wish - for example : that top triple clamp isn't anything like the std HRT / Ducati / Yamaha triples for example - theirs all have groves machined in them to allow more lateral flex, I bet the purchasing teams manufacture a replacement pretty quickly.

Comment

doesn't look like the Honda needs it if their top of the line bikes don't run them.....

Comment

Interesting... they look like they could allow more vertical flex than lateral flex like the yamahas. This two scollops inbetween the centre tube and the fork stanchions aren't shaped like that just for weight saving.

Also - have they put a #1 on their bike a little too early? when was that pic taken?

Comment

Number 1 bike of 2...main racebike...
                            SP RACINGis supported by:
                            MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                            Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                            Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

laguna seca this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X