Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@MotoGP: It is confirmed that a group of selected #MotoGP & #Moto2 riders will test t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @MotoGP: It is confirmed that a group of selected #MotoGP & #Moto2 riders will test t

[MENTION=21321]motogp[/MENTION]: It is confirmed that a group of selected #MotoGP & #Moto2 riders will test tyres at Phillip Island 3rd-5th March, before 2104 season starts
    Don't where im going only know where i don't want to be...

Gee willikers, thats a good idea that's about twelve months too late.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Terrible idea. Why give some riders an advantage of extra testing and not others?

The exact same situation blew up in a big way in F1 this year with Mercedes testing Pirelli tyres in secret.

Make it an open test for fairness
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
        Terrible idea. Why give some riders an advantage of extra testing and not others?

The exact same situation blew up in a big way in F1 this year with Mercedes testing Pirelli tyres in secret.

Make it an open test for fairness
        While I agree that anyone should be allowed to participate.

A few other observations.
        There is a higher cost to get to Phillip Island, which precludes some teams.
        They are there so some dead shit tyre manufacturers can get it right not a general test.
        Maybe we can have longer races than 13 & 20 laps.

Yes, I am a little bitter towards Bridgestone and Dunlop and will never pay for any of their products.
        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

[MENTION=5686]chew[/MENTION], need a bit of advise from you or others! We are tossing up whether to do Phillip Island or Sepang next year, can you tell me roughly how much a couple would cost for X days to do Sepang including flights accommodation etc?

We were thinking of flying to Melbourne with another couple then hiring a four berth mobile camper truck van thingee then doing the track for three days etc etc but then it was mentioned we should look at doing Sepang instead.

Been to the Island a number of times and not keen on the third world spectator conditions and I know you guys love Sepang.

Any info appreciated.

Cheers mate

Comment

Other riders will be equally testing in different circuits around the world. This test at Philip Island is to improve the tyres and avoid what happened last year.

Comment

Opps . Happened this year i mean

Comment

It was good to go to Sepang and have a look but I would do it very differently if I went again. I honestly found it to be a little sterile for viewing. You get a seat in fabulous grand stands and can see a lot of the track but when we went you were confined to the grand stand area and there was no walking the track! This really pissed me off as I like to walk the whole track on the preceeding days. We stayed in KL and I am not really into big cities or shopping so while it was interesting I had more fun picking up words of the language and visiting the pick up bars. Just walk in before the wife and watch the girls start to swoop then they all giggle and back off when they twig. There is a Batman shop though. It is hot and can be very wet.

Next time would be hire a bike and see the country a bit, then maybe a day in KL and then out to stay at the resorts near the track (25km as opposed to 50km) and hopefully see a whole race and not walk through a monsoon to the pick up area to drive back to KL!

Phillip Island is visiting a mate who lives on five acres on an Island, bonfires at night and a 7 minute drive to the track and make sure you have your Arctic gear and boardies. We often combine it with a week ride through the mountains before the race and then the Great Ocean Road after so I have a soft spot for it. We usually take fold up chairs and park at Siberia where we can see half the track and are 15-20 metres from the bikes.

Comment

^^^Ok thanks mate, food for thought there.

Cheers buddy.

Comment

Working...
                  X