22nd Feb lookin good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22nd Feb lookin good!

Racing season is coming up boys and girls and hard in training at the moment. Good news is we should be able to get onto the track for our first ride now on the 22nd of Feb. All is going to plan with the resurface so the Tuning day and racecraft should go ahead as sceduled for the 22nd.

Need a fix!!!!

Good luck with the season mate, hope it all goes well for ya!!!

can't wait to hear how the track is after resurfacing

Comment

Thanks Campo, should be interesting. Hopefully the times will tumble, won't be as much fun with the new surface in the wet though.

Comment

Hmm, yeah, didn't think about that. Well hopefully it'll all come good and I should be there for the first round!

Comment

8) Looking forward to it! can not come quick enough. Just handed in all my fairings to be repainted / stickered, I thought they looked good but Prestige wanted it all re-done, what ever makes them happy.

Ben, you say the track will not be as good in the wet, why is that? It will still have slope and run off.

Catch up Feb 22nd. 8)

Comment

Most new tracks have a lot of surface water immediately after rains where as the old bitumen was rough and the water didn't sit on top, more in between the stones if that makes sense.... well it does to me sort of :?

Comment

makes sense. i remember doing a racecraft course on a hot day when there were thunderstorms around and not slowing down at all when it rained (obviously going slow to start with) and was amazed at how much grip there still was. because the track was so coarse, all the water went in the "valleys" whilst the tyre could still grip the "hills". i assume a newer track would be smoother and therefore this effect would be reduced

Comment

yup yup

Comment

so with the smoother track...should i be using a harder compound or softer compound tires? i've been using pilot race h2...is it worth moving onto m2's?

Comment

It is hard to say yet. I usually use the softest Pirelli front and then a medium rear but I have seen tyres that have come back from 15 laps of Phillip Island and look like they have only gone down pit lane at Wanneroo!!! Softer might work.... I will have to do some experimenting.

Comment

New surface will not rip them up as quick but I am not sure how much it will effect compounds

Comment

so with the smoother track...should i be using a harder compound or softer compound tires? i've been using pilot race h2...is it worth moving onto m2's?
                        I would think you would be ok using what you have got, or softer. From what some of the guys were saying Dunlop is a good tyre but on the old track it used to chew up quick, so they were hopeing on the new surface they would be fine / better.

Anyway find out in Febuary.

Comment

Up at the track this morning guys and the track has been resurfaced, looks like they still have the kerbing to do and a couple of other things. One thing I did notice is all my reference point are gone :shock:

Comment

Up at the track this morning guys and the track has been resurfaced, looks like they still have the kerbing to do and a couple of other things. One thing I did notice is all my reference point are gone :shock:
                            :shock: :evil: :cry:

Comment

Working...
                            X