Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Francesco Bagnaia just posted the second fastest time of the Sepang Test on a GP18.

Sorry Jack Miller, you're always going to play second fiddle to Francesco Bagnaia. If he impresses on the GP18 this year, I see Petrucci being dumped due to his 1 year contract and Factory Ducati prepping Bagnaia to take the reigns from Dovi.

Miller might get a factory Ducati as a second rider, but he's no Casey Stoner.
    I read Petrucci requested a 1 year contract to keep him on his toes - not sure I believe that; who wouldn't want to sign a 2 year factory deal? If you need a 1 year deal to keep you performing, well look where Iannone ended up...

Ducati didn't have a lot of options and giving Petrucci a 1 year contract gives them room to move should he not cut it. However, to cut Petrucci some slack, he has performed well so far.

Comment

• And when all is said and done, when the flag drops................

Roll on March 10
      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
        Ducati didn't have a lot of options and giving Petrucci a 1 year contract gives them room to move should he not cut it. However, to cut Petrucci some slack, he has performed well so far.
        Yeh I reckon you're right. It's BS. Nearly all contracts are decided by June. Doesn't leave you long to impress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
          Yeh I reckon you're right. It's BS. Nearly all contracts are decided by June. Doesn't leave you long to impress.
          I think Petrucci has some pretty high markets to clear in the early stages this year, and needs to bagging big points to keep the ride.

Recent years, he’s started well, disappeared for a few weeks, and then either been at the pointy end or nowhere thereafter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don’t think Petrucci is otherworldly talented but you have to admire his career progression. He hasn’t had many of the advantages most other guys on factory bikes have had through his career and has managed to reach ‘the dream’ and be a factory rider.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhino View Post
              And for some added feels... (because I can't stand him)

Iannone was the first to crash, on his new bike, on the out lap.
              You'll like this one: Iannone sat out the 3rd day of the test because of a mouth infection due to cosmetic surgery to alter his jawline...

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport...-surgery-woes/

Comment

• 2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Yes. Yes I do like that.

He’s a spanker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                  You'll like this one: Iannone sat out the 3rd day of the test because of a mouth infection due to cosmetic surgery to alter his jawline...

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport...-surgery-woes/
                  "within three minutes of Andrea saying he couldn’t ride Bradley was in the garage in his leathers "

That's got to be some sort of record
                  Has he got some kind of wallace and grommet quick dress system
                  Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

• i just saw that Mission is Phillip morris tobaco, sponsoring ducati & Ferrari... thoughts?
                    ....................Winnow

Comment

• umm how are they allowed to do that ?

Comment

• because mission is a seperate "company" set up to "help the world" lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Hillz View Post
                          i just saw that Mission is Phillip morris tobaco, sponsoring ducati & Ferrari... thoughts?
                          ....................Winnow

vv

Originally posted by QUACKA View Post
                          I know very odd with the lack Ducati on there, i know the very good reasons for the smoking sponsorship bans but they did get the look of the livery right in the day...
                          Originally posted by somebodyelse View Post
                          If it makes you feel better " Mission Winnow " is Philip Morris's new ideas think tank (we've got 10 billion customers, surely we can get money out of them some way )
                          Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
                          The Mission Winnow thing is taking the piss. Aside from being blatantly stupid and irritatingly vague, it's a pretty clear violation of EU rules on tobacco advertising. Pushing their "safer" vaping system that still uses tobacco thinly veiled as an innovation thinktank is offensive to anyone with a brain. I don't mean offensive that it's smoking related. Want to pay someone a fortune to kill you slowly? Go for it. I mean offensive as the are treating everyone as if they are retarded and don't see what Phillip Morris are doing.
                          Originally posted by slowpoke View Post
                          I dunno, I kinda think that when the branding was first rolled out no-one had any idea who the fuck MW were, so it's hard to say they are advertising cigarettes/tobacco.

Is it any different to the way alcohol advertising is handled in Australia? I mean Coca Cola Amatil are free to advertise during and/or sponsor childrens shows/events......but they also sell a large range of alcohol (https://www.ccamatil.com/en/our-busi...nds/our-brands and it's illegal to advertise alcohol to children.

It's a slippery slope to start banning advertisers and companies/subsidiaries rather than products as many companies have a huge number of brands/products under their umbrella.
                          Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                          Yeah it's been going on for years, in F1 they used to change West tobacco branding to East on the back of the cars (McLaren I think) and Benson & Hedges would block out letters to become Be on edge Others would keep the same paint scheme but cover up the name
                          Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                          It's quite annoying really, just let them bring back full tobacco sponsorship into F1. The amount of money those companies injected into the sport allowed the teams to really push the envelope in research and also provided more avenues into the sport for smaller teams and new riders to get into the sport. Also they spawned some pretty good looking machinery.
                          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                          Originally posted by Phildo
                          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                          Originally posted by filbert
                          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

• haha well behind on this topic.

i don't really care, i love ciggys! just a bit blatant on getting around the ban

it is tru what turbo said tobacco & even alcohol sponsorship has made many appealing looks.. i have been thinking i should Martini the SV

Comment

• Originally posted by Hillz View Post
                              haha well behind on this topic.

i don't really care, i love ciggys! just a bit blatant on getting around the ban

I guess they get away with it because it's not an actual tobacco brand per se

it is tru what turbo said tobacco & even alcohol sponsorship has made many appealing looks.. i have been thinking i should Martini the SV
                              Yeah I personally hate cigarettes but don't mind the odd drink and the hypocrisy of banning advertising yet still allowing the sale has always bemused me a bit
                              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                              Originally posted by Phildo
                              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                              Originally posted by filbert
                              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

• So I was interested to see how Can Oncu went in the Jerez test given he won on his moto3 debut last year - came in 18th on Day 1 of testing (yesterday). Would have been AMAZ-ing if he was up there straight away, but I look forward to seeing how he goes.

Also was a bit of a shock to see Fenati's name on the moto2 list - I knew he was coming back, so not a shock in that respect but I'll forever associate his name with THAT track incident and subsequently he will never be someone I want to do well (for comparison's sake I can want to see Lorenzo do well [until he actually starts winning and engages arrogant cock mode])...

I had to dig around to find the results as it seems motogp now make you subscribe to 'timing pass' to get full live timing - it was free previously?
                                Last edited by Kristy; 21-02-2019, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X