Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooo... shiny new motogp podcasts coming. I like me a good podcast on the way to and from work:
    http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2019/0...podcast/283838

Comment

• Wilson is going to be angry.

Same format as MotoWeek with post-race and upcoming.

Looks like they weren't returning his calls

And Spotify-only is a bit annoying.

Comment

• Props to Bautista for winning at Phillip Island on his WSBK debut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
          Props to Bautista for winning at Phillip Island on his WSBK debut.

I like it, no more whinging about cyls and cc's. All 1000 cc 4 cylinders, may the best bike win.....

Comment

Props to Bautista for winning at Phillip Island on his WSBK debut.
            Can you actually get WSBK in real time now through subscription like motogp.com or is it still delayed like it was previously? (don't have Fox etc.)

edit: wow, a second a lap faster than Rea etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
              Can you actually get WSBK in real time now through subscription like motogp.com or is it still delayed like it was previously? (don't have Fox etc.)

edit: wow, a second a lap faster than Rea etc.
              "OnDemand coverage: watch the WorldSBK and WorldSSP Superpoles on Saturday and to all the races of the weekend on demand one day after they take place."

"Depending on the country you are located in, you will have access to on demand coverage, without live. You will be able to view the races live on the TV broadcaster available in your country."

At least its better than the abysmal F1TV in Australia. And just the awful F1 coverage in general in Australia without Foxtel.

Comment

• I don't get the whole delayed coverage - surely there has to be a good reason. If it was only Oz for some reason I'd get a VPN.
                Watching it a day later doesn't do it for me. Not because I *have* to see it live (though preferable) but then you spend the next day avoiding finding out. We all know how torturous that is for the first few motogp races that are in a shitty timezone for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidf View Post
                  I like it, no more whinging about cyls and cc's. All 1000 cc 4 cylinders, may the best bike win.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  2019 Rev Limits New Models

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/828d05...ike_models.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidf View Post
                    Yawn.....

Diversity should be celebrated, not discouraged, there are a heap of different ways to go fast. Instead the most dominant bike ever (ZX10R) has the same general frame/engine architecture as its grandpappy of 1989.

WSB used to be more popular than GP’s, but it’s just an irrelevance these days, with bikes that bear only a silhouette resemblance to their road going origins. What is the point of it? Go “full NASA” for the techno-geeks or superstock-spec for a realistic representation but the current arrangements are just fucked.

Edit: the whole emphasis of WSB and Superbike production seems arseyboo: as it stands manufacturers are rewarded for building cheap cost effective bikes and are then able to spend the GDP of a small European nation transforming it into a WSB winner where they SHOULD be rewarded for building great bikes in the first place, with minimal mods allowed to race.

What is the point of allowing underseat fuel tanks, or RBW throttles, or fabricated swingarms, adjustable headstocks if they don’t come on the stock bike? What does a win prove?
                    Last edited by slowpoke; 24-02-2019, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Watched it live yesterday and today on the WSBK videopass. Though we went to the Sporting Globe in Belmont for today's race 2 as Ms Chew didn't want to make lunch.

Lots of screens and booths where you have your own screen. We opted to get it on the huge screen.

Bautista smashed them, 15 seconds yesterday and a close superpole race (10 laps, 1.7 seconds) this morning, then smashed them again in race 2 by 17 seconds.

Second Duke was nowhere and seventh in race two. Haslam looks strong and the Yamahas were going well also. Watch out for Melandri.
                      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• Originally posted by slowpoke View Post
                        Yawn.....

Diversity should be celebrated, not discouraged, there are a heap of different ways to go fast. Instead the most dominant bike ever (ZX10R) has the same general frame/engine architecture as its grandpappy of 1989.

WSB used to be more popular than GP’s, but it’s just an irrelevance these days, with bikes that bear only a silhouette resemblance to their road going origins. What is the point of it? Go “full NASA” for the techno-geeks or superstock-spec for a realistic representation but the current arrangements are just fucked.

Edit: the whole emphasis of WSB and Superbike production seems arseyboo: as it stands manufacturers are rewarded for building cheap cost effective bikes and are then able to spend the GDP of a small European nation transforming it into a WSB winner where they SHOULD be rewarded for building great bikes in the first place, with minimal mods allowed to race.

What is the point of allowing underseat fuel tanks, or RBW throttles, or fabricated swingarms, adjustable headstocks if they don’t come on the stock bike? What does a win prove?
                        I have no actual statistics, but it's not hard to imagine that well over 90% of Panigales sold will never be ridden to their limit. Nearly all of them will spend their life road registered not riding on the track. There's no need for expensive modifications that help elite racers shave 1/100th of a second off their lap time.

Comment

I have no actual statistics, but it's not hard to imagine that well over 90% of Panigales sold will never be ridden to their limit. Nearly all of them will spend their life road registered not riding on the track. There's no need for expensive modifications that help elite racers shave 1/100th of a second off their lap time.
                          Yup, no argument from me on that one, be it a Panigale, YZFR1-M1, CBR1000RR-SP etc.

I quite often wack on an old IOM/GP/WSB tape/DVD when I’m pottering in the shed and heard one of the racers say something similar: maybe 10% of road riders try a track day, 10% of that 10% go racing, 10% that 10% would consider racing at the IOM.

I dunno, the format just seems nuts at the moment, closer to (and competive with) Motogp rather than production bikes.

Comment

• MotoGP riders trialling new penalty zone in Qatar
                            Shortly before the start of running at the Losail track at 4pm local time on Saturday, Race Direction held a special meeting with riders to explain the new system.

The idea is that any rider who receives a penalty will be forced to pass through a specific marked area off the track well away from the ideal racing line, costing them time.

On Saturday, the asphalt run-off on the outside of Qatar's Turn 6 was marked with a pair of white lines to indicate the route the penalised rider would have to take.

The system is intended to replace the current standard in-race punishment stewards are able to hand out, which is to drop one position.

Riders have been instructed to try passing through the new penalty area during Saturday's running, and then a fresh meeting will be held to determine if this is a viable solution going forward.
                            Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Prefectionist View Post
                              Thoughts?
                              Sounds a bit like the idea of a drive through penalty in motor car racing without such a big time penalty or obstructing others in the pits
                              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                              Originally posted by Phildo
                              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                              Originally posted by filbert
                              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

• But they already have ride through penalties in MotoGP.

Edit: In between your post and my post you edited in more comment...

Comment

Working...
                                X