Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's winning margins.

Moto3 = .053 seconds
    Moto2 = .026 seconds
    MotoGP = .023 seconds

Cumulative = .102 seconds.

There has to be a small percentage of fans across the world having heart attacks or strokes after a night watching all 3 MotoGP races.

Comment

• Great race. I think those Hondas will be hard to beat this year. Yamahas disappointing again, Suzuki looked really good too

What was that gross montage thing before the start? Archery and tug of war and someone holding a blow torch? Commentators doing some sort of motoGP poem over the top? Worst montage ever

Comment

• Yeah [MENTION=24802]n8balls[/MENTION] - that was a definite WTF moment.
        File it under "more stupid shit they make motoGP riders do"

Dovi did an exceptionally good job keeping it that tight, and maintaining control.
        I think MM would have been better taking a faster line, following him in, and trying for the draft.

All races were good. Fenati fucking up is just ... Fenati fucking up. He misinterpreted the warning. The loop is still a good idea.

Some great performances.

The only problem - was me deciding to stay up until 2 watching it live, based on how I thought I'd feel in the morning, from 10 years ago.
        Have not pulled up very well at all. oldcnt

Comment

• any one have a picture of this swingarm defuser on the ducatis?

"At the Losail International Circuit round, the FIM MotoGP Stewards Panel received various protests concerning aerodynamic devices on the rear swing arm of Ducati machinery ridden by Andrea Dovizioso (Mission Winnow Ducati Team), Danilo Petrucci (Mission Winnow Ducati Team) and Jack Miller (Alma Pramac Racing)."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hillz View Post
            any one have a picture of this swingarm defuser on the ducatis?

"At the Losail International Circuit round, the FIM MotoGP Stewards Panel received various protests concerning aerodynamic devices on the rear swing arm of Ducati machinery ridden by Andrea Dovizioso (Mission Winnow Ducati Team), Danilo Petrucci (Mission Winnow Ducati Team) and Jack Miller (Alma Pramac Racing)."
            This?

Comment

• Also - poor Fabio Quatteraro(sp?).

I reckon that boy was going to have a solid race.

Comment

• I thought this season we would have a different story line, new faces at the front end and a change of some fortunes. But no, nothing much has changed just a continuation from last season.

Comment

• Appeal rejected, Dovi's win stands: https://www.motogp.com.au/fan-zone/n...t=news-article

Originally posted by wonky View Post
                  I thought this season we would have a different story line, new faces at the front end and a change of some fortunes. But no, nothing much has changed just a continuation from last season.
                  Conversely, I think this season will be interesting with the rookies coming through. The front runners are still the front runners but feel there might be a bit more diversity in the podiums this year.

Quartararo got up into the points but maybe ran wide as he later dropped to 16th (or burnt his tyres too early as he was lapping 1.5 secs quicker than Dovi at the start). He did lose 10 secs starting from pitlane, so super impressive first time out. Mir coming in 8th was similarly impressive.

Comment

• I think that the Ducati front and rear doohickeys are designed to "clean" the airflow under the bike as well as cooling the rear tyre [ hopefully not too cool though ], and they have always appeared as both parts together. Looking at LSR machinery, they always try to be as low as possible and wheels/suspension and so forth covered up

I imagine it has slipped past the watchkeepers this year, but they'll find a way to ban them next year, it's just one more development cost the sport doesn't need.

Trying to find the balance I guess, improving the breed or keeping a lid on costs.

Comment

• Simon Krafar: *tap tap*
                      Matt: Simon!
                      Simon: Hey guys - reow, reow r-r-r-r-eow, reow reow r-r-r-r-reow
                      Simon: I just wanted you to hear that.

PMSL

Comment

• So how did everyones videopass hold up?

I had no problems, and was even able to have the aerial shot from the helicopter in the corner. Lots of people complaining that they couldnt get it to work at all.

Had the quality set to auto, and if it dropped below 720 it was only briefly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidf View Post
                          I think that the Ducati front and rear doohickeys are designed to "clean" the airflow under the bike as well as cooling the rear tyre [ hopefully not too cool though ], and they have always appeared as both parts together. Looking at LSR machinery, they always try to be as low as possible and wheels/suspension and so forth covered up

I imagine it has slipped past the watchkeepers this year, but they'll find a way to ban them next year, it's just one more development cost the sport doesn't need.

Trying to find the balance I guess, improving the breed or keeping a lid on costs.
                          I can’t see what the rear diffuser does from an aero perspective on the bike as a whole. the bottom of the bike has no real ‘floor’ space and therefor next to no aerodynamic benefit, there is nothing further forward of it to assist in cleaning the airflow from front wheel/rotors.

I haven’t seen it enough, but i think it would either:
                          Suck the rear wheel down under heavy braking and reduce the rear wheel lift,
                          Or
                          Generate some different airflow to cool tyres or similar.

I’m going with real aero effect rather than tyre cooling. From the brief photos it looks to ‘scoopy’ to be anything but downforce, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the outflow is in front of the rear tyre hugger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• It is there to direct air over the rear wheel and reduce tyre degradation.

Comment

• I would have thought people would be arcing up about Ducati's holeshot device but clearly doesn't fall under a grey rule area:
                              Suspicions were raised that Ducati is now using some kind of suspension-locking device – to help with race starts - since the new switch is mechanical rather than electronic (which would be illegal for the suspension) and of a size/location that can be used by the rider, but not while at racing speeds.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/91...camera-updated
                              Miller said he'd been using it since last year.

Obviously there's not a lot of info on it because that is by far, the shortest crash.net article I've read

Comment

• I don't remember too many [ any ] times when Millers bike [ last year anyway ] managed to tear through the starting field in the first few hundred meters of the race, no real advantage that's obvious anyway. Maybe he was the guinea pig to make sure it was reliable enough for the Factory to use?

Maybe he's testing new seat retaining bolts for Dovi as well.....

Comment

Working...
                                X