Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
    This is where it's silly - assuming the same turnover of riders over the same period, there's no advantage/disadvantage to teams. Team A may prohibit a rider that is leaving the to go to Team B/C/whatever, to test, but the team of the new incoming rider from Team B may prohibit their rider to test for Team A.
    So you are saying people are silly?

Interesting concept.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

This is where it's silly - assuming the same turnover of riders over the same period, there's no advantage/disadvantage to teams. Team A may prohibit a rider that is leaving the to go to Team B/C/whatever, to test, but the team of the new incoming rider from Team B may prohibit their rider to test for Team A.
      Personally i think its more to do with advertising... Ducati and other sponsors probably still have ads running with JL in them so they dont want photos of him on a honda etc...

But they just say its about the racing.
      sigpic

Comment

Bright side though is that we for a few days a year get to see some cool designs on the bikes.

Comment

A post I saw from another forum.

Originally posted by povol View Post
          It may just be talk, but Marquez says the new bike is already ahead of the 18 version. He is putting in these times while keeping in mind not doing any more damage to the shoulder and in considerable pain. They moved up the surgery because he is in so much pain he can’t sleep. He will do Jerez test to gather data , then it’s off to surgery.
          This could be really bad for the rest of the field if true.

- - - Updated - - -

It was great to see Rabat out there being competitive in his current state and I loved seeing Folger returning as well. Hopefully he can get past any lingering health issues and make it back to the grid full time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer 7 View Post
            Personally i think its more to do with advertising... Ducati and other sponsors probably still have ads running with JL in them so they dont want photos of him on a honda etc...

But they just say its about the racing.
            Sure, but make the contract season to season rather than year to year. Then riders switching teams could be displaying their new sponsors without issue. Surely there has to be a reason I'm missing for yearly contracts rather than aligning with the end of the 2018 season/start of 2019 (i.e. now) through to the end of the 2019/start of the 2020 season.

Comment

Sure, but make the contract season to season rather than year to year. Then riders switching teams could be displaying their new sponsors without issue. Surely there has to be a reason I'm missing for yearly contracts rather than aligning with the end of the 2018 season/start of 2019 (i.e. now) through to the end of the 2019/start of the 2020 season.
              Is the European financial year Jan-Dec? If so, accountants are the issue.

As for the Honda being ahead of the curve. They said that last year from (fading) memory as well and skipped the Jerez test?

If you leave out the aberration that was Argentina only one bloke on a Honda won races this year year. Although Cal could have won them all.

I think Honda are foxing (again) but with two of the four best riders out there they will probably go O.K.
              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Honda mind games

I hope Lorenzo once again gets to unleash the spectacle that is the Shark celebration on an unsuspecting Repsol Honda garage

Cant wait for that one.
                I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

I guess we all make our predictions now....

Marquez [ provided he's fit soon enough ] is still a level above all others. Maybe a level and a half. Be glad we can see such a freak-show.

Dovi, I think 2018 was his best chance, and he blew it, just lacks that little bit of nasty....
                  Lorenzo, just can't see a quick enough adaptation to the Honda.
                  Vinales, so close, but mentally fragile unless it's all going well, and the Yammie remains a question mark. The others aren't standing still.
                  Rossi, sorry but the fire is dimming a little. Consistent but weary of the bike issues and the long season.
                  Rins could be a longshot darkie pick, the Suzuki is coming along.

The rest will feature every now and then, but not seriously.

Comment

Zarco said the KTM was much worse than he expected and Iannone said he was expecting worse from the Aprilia.

Comment

Marquez needs to learn to stay on board. I know bones knit and scars heal but what we have seen in the last few weeks should be a wake up call to him and I hope he takes heed or it will be a case of what he could have gone on with. This would be his second warning after 2011.

Miller is pretty happy with his Duck as well.

Comment

Do you know something about his injuries we don't?

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
                          Marquez needs to learn to stay on board. I know bones knit and scars heal but what we have seen in the last few weeks should be a wake up call to him and I hope he takes heed or it will be a case of what he could have gone on with. This would be his second warning after 2011.

Miller is pretty happy with his Duck as well.
                          I think falling off is one of his secrets in winning! Every practice, without fail, he manages to find the bikes limit, on every critical corner, and about 19 times out of 20 he saves it. That little computer in his head just files the info away, and come raceday he knows, better than any other out there, what he can get away with.

His technique must be doing ok, all things considered, he absolutely slaughtered them this year.

Comment

That IMO, is part of what I think makes him the GOAT.

The guy waltzes over the limit of what routinely takes other riders out of a race, and has the ability to keep going.
                            Unrivalled reflexes and accommodating style.

Just incredible.

<packs boner away>

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                              Do you know something about his injuries we don't?
                              Just that you should be aiming to win at the slowest possible pace.

What he does has worked for him so far but there are cumulative injuries from falling off bikes at 100+ kmh and he is not getting younger. I am not saying it will happen, just that I would hate to see it happen.

He needed eye surgery after a crash in 2011 that was successful but could have ended his career and he is now having shoulder surgery to prevent dislocation. I am not sure but I think that usually involves bone grafts.

Comment

Winning at the slowest possible pace is bad for development though because all the experience and data is not collected at the bike/rider limit. Short term focus, yes, slow wins are good, but long term, others are working and learning from their limits, and the winner isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X