Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes cota and sachsenring have been pretty much a guaranteed 50 points for MM so if those points can go elsewhere the championship will be open for anyone that steps up. Rossi could jag another one.

Comment

• Just watched the race last night.

Crowd seemed to erupt with cheers when Marc went down.
      Still boils my piss.

That tightened it right up and will keep it entertaining.

Fantastic for Rins. Knew he wasn’t far off a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhino View Post
        Just watched the race last night.

Crowd seemed to erupt with cheers when Marc went down.
        Still boils my piss.

That tightened it right up and will keep it entertaining.

Fantastic for Rins. Knew he wasn’t far off a win.
        I think the context needs to be considered. It was a minor lowside (so he wasn't hurt) and it meant that they were actually going to get a race for their $300 ticket price. I'll admit I cheered at home. And then I nearly pissed myself laughing when he fell over 3 times trying to get his bike started. I don't hate him. He's incredible. I just like a good race more.
        EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
          I think the context needs to be considered. It was a minor lowside (so he wasn't hurt) and it meant that they were actually going to get a race for their $300 ticket price. I'll admit I cheered at home. And then I nearly pissed myself laughing when he fell over 3 times trying to get his bike started. I don't hate him. He's incredible. I just like a good race more.
          Those that cheer when someone crashes likely still cheers for a major highside - cheering is about cheering for the person crashing (they don't like them), not the spectacle or consideration of the resulting injury/seriousness.

Those fighting for 2nd/3rd (that then became 1st/2nd) would still have happened whether Marc was out the front pissing it in or not. Granted, it did make the race for 1st more exciting, but the battles and overtakes, irrespective of where they placed, would still have happened.
          Last edited by Kristy; 16-04-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
            Those that cheer when someone crashes likely still cheers for a major highside - cheering is about cheering for the person crashing, not the spectacle or consideration of the resulting injury/seriousness.

Those fighting for 2nd/3rd (that then became 1st/2nd) would still have happened whether Marc was out the front pissing it in or not. Granted, it did make the race for 1st more exciting, but the battles and overtakes, irrespective of where they placed, would still have happened.
            An epic battle for 3rd < An epic battle for 1st.

It's just math...
            EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

An epic battle for 3rd < An epic battle for 1st.

It's just math...
              Yep, not disputing, just rationalising the battles independent of position - the skill/heart in mouth action is still as prevalent whether or not they are bumped up one position courtesy of a bin. I'm sure some of the best battles happen further down the pack that we never see.

Bring on the non-stupid o'clock rounds!

Comment

I think the context needs to be considered. It was a minor lowside (so he wasn't hurt) and it meant that they were actually going to get a race for their $300 ticket price.
                Yeah nah, I think if you could isolate people you’d hear:
                -fuck you
                -suck shit
                -Spanish cunt
                -robot

Not:
                -Oh great championship leveller
                -value for money

Comment

-fuck you
                  -suck shit
                  -Spanish cunt
                  -robot

Not:
                  -value for money
                  Americans don't say cunt. At least not in that context

Comment

• Article about the evolution of the GSX-RR, success factors and a bit about Rins: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...-prix-Americas

Comment

• Glad to see Rins get a win.

That Suzuki is definitely not a bad bike at the moment (Not to take anything away from Rins though - he's a star). Also glad to see Rossi make him work for it. I half thought the old dog was going to take the win, but looks like Yamaha still have major tyre issues at the end of the race.

Still. Far better results than either of them likely expected last weekend.

That Suzuki seems faster than the Yamaha through the corners and was still strong come end of the race. Power was as good or better than Yamaha too it seems. They've got a bike that can fight for the championship this year - with FAR lower budget than HRC or Yamaha or Ducati. Impressive.

Glad Dovi did a good salvage job. Petrucci is disappointing so far this year.

Miller actually looks like he may have matured both as a rider and as a person this year. Not sure if he's had some dickhead removal surgery in the off-season or over the past couple of years, but he's actually not totally painful to listen to lately.
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

• For the championship it’s a good result. Though 3 races in Marquez being only 9 points down after a DNF may be a bit ominous though. If I’m Dovi or Rossi etc I’m hoping he is down by 20 so he puts pressure on himself the way he did in ‘15 and overrides the bike trying to close the gap. Dovi still is favourite for second IMO and I think 3rd will be between Rossi and Rins, Vinales should be up there but he will continue to disappoint. Marquez clearly wanted another 10 second win to continue the message from Argentina but that was his downfall.

BRING ON EUROPE!!!!!

Comment

-fuck you
                          -suck shit
                          -Spanish cunt
                          -robot
                          As if any American knows where or what Spain is.

"Oh do dey speak Mexican there?"
                          Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

-fuck you
                            -suck shit
                            -Spanish cunt
                            -robot

Not:
                            -value for money
                            In truth, I didnt laugh when he fell off it was surprising because it didnt look unsettled or anything going in there in the replay But i did laugh out loud when he fell of the bike when it didnt fire, not in a ha ha fuck you suck shit you minature Spanish robot cunt it was more like watching Buddy Franklin in front of goals at the top of the square and missing everything because it goes off the side of his boot. It was more like, you are elite proffesional sports oerson and, well, holy shit, you get paid to do that but thats something i might do

And lorenzo dnf’d in the same corner, interesting.

Top stuff Suzuki it was coming.
                            I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                              In truth, I didnt laugh when he fell off it was surprising because it didnt look unsettled or anything going in there in the replay But i did laugh out loud when he fell of the bike when it didnt fire, not in a ha ha fuck you suck shit you minature Spanish robot cunt it was more like watching Buddy Franklin in front of goals at the top of the square and missing everything because it goes off the side of his boot. It was more like, you are elite proffesional sports oerson and, well, holy shit, you get paid to do that but thats something i might do

And lorenzo dnf’d in the same corner, interesting.

Top stuff Suzuki it was coming.
                              I was watching it with the Benny Hill song in my head.....😂😂😂
                              SP RACINGis supported by:
                              MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                              Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                              Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

• Originally posted by thro View Post
                                Miller actually looks like he may have matured both as a rider and as a person this year. Not sure if he's had some dickhead removal surgery in the off-season or over the past couple of years, but he's actually not totally painful to listen to lately.
                                "Since we glued the seat on properly it’s been roses!" he joked. :p

Comment

Working...
                                X