Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    In truth, I didnt laugh when he fell off it was surprising because it didnt look unsettled or anything going in there in the replay But i did laugh out loud when he fell of the bike when it didnt fire, not in a ha ha fuck you suck shit you minature Spanish robot cunt it was more like watching Buddy Franklin in front of goals at the top of the square and missing everything because it goes off the side of his boot. It was more like, you are elite proffesional sports oerson and, well, holy shit, you get paid to do that but thats something i might do
    Oh, don't get me wrong, the attempt to restart was not lacking in humour - and even the way Marc fell to the floor at the end signalled an "ah fuck this shit" from the guy himself.

But the cheers went up well before he even got to the bike to pick it up in the first place.

Changing gears... Rossi is having a baller of a start to the season.

Comment

• I think that "cheers" and excitement noises carry roughly the same.

People were surprised, deal with it.

That said i laughed my arse off when he did a mirkz (on his first 250 ride) and lifted the bike up to flip it onto its other side.
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

• And falling off backwards sitting side-saddle (probably also Mirkz).

Comment

• Originally posted by thro View Post
          I think that "cheers" and excitement noises carry roughly the same.

People were surprised, deal with it.

That said i laughed my arse off when he did a mirkz (on his first 250 ride) and lifted the bike up to flip it onto its other side.
          That’s why it’s only one set of fans who cheer when 2 particular riders fall off.
          Or cheering the replays etc.

Comment

• Finally, a place to talk about the MotoGP again.

Comment

• So is Miller going to lose his ride? His team mate has a contract for next year and Alex Marquez is in talks/has signed? for next year. That leaves 1 seat on the factory Ducati and reports are Ducati want "stability" so Petro will probably retain that seat. And Miller hasn't blown Petro away so its probably a sound choice.

Comment

• well with that win and the way they are commenting Millers time at ducati is done unless petrucci comes off or dnf's alot for the rest of the season and Miller has really good results. Shame Miller has stepped up his game this year in riding and not so much jack ass.....

Comment

• They were going to decide by Barcelona which I believe is the next race. Where to next for Miller? Aprilia?

and how good was the race! Motogp was almost as good as Moto3 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ef_F9VeqfU)

Comment

• If Mini Marquez is getting a motogp ride, a very large part of that has to be due to his surname. Yes, he's won 2 back to back races but rumours were around before that, or at least before the second win at Mugello. Previously he hadn't really done a lot to warrant it. Yes, one can look at Quartarraro as a reason to promote on the basis of a flurry of results but I suspect that is the exception rather than the rule.

I think Petrucci's win and Miller's bin will seal the Factory Ducati seat for 2020. I've been super busy so haven't kept up with motogp news and didn't watch any free practice/qually etc. for this round - is there any solid truth to Alex joining motogp, and with Ducati? And in turn, Miller's seat being under threat? If Alex Marquez is in and Bagnaia is staying, well... 3 doesn't go into 2 (unless you're Repsol Honda). Alex taking Rabat's or Abraham's spot makes more sense.
                    Last edited by Kristy; 03-06-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Miller was probably doing better than Petrucci until Petrucci's win, but they're both doing pretty well considering some of the key factory riders (mainly Rossi, Vin, Lorenzo) can be a bit hit and miss at the moment (or entirely miss in Lorenzo's case). Petrucci and Miller haven't got all season to fight for the spot - it's up for grabs after the next race.

So, what of Lorenzo? Truth to the rumours that Lorenzo may get the chop if results don't improve? Puig's complete dismissal of the question actually raised a few red flags for me. Honda will be more ruthless than Ducati were, but have to also bear in mind it took Lorenzo a season and a half to get results. Here's a thought - Lorenzo back to Ducati in Miller's spot 😂

Edit: I think Miller would be pretty hard done by if he lost his spot.
                      Last edited by Kristy; 03-06-2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• If Rins could qualify better then I think Ducati and Honda might need to start worrying. Hes doing stupidly well considering the lack of power. Basically doing a reverse Vinales.

Definitely a bad place for Miller to be in at the moment.

Petruci should be damn proud after that race. It was amazing riding by the top 4, and hopefully we see more races like this during the year.

Comment

• I’ve seen it said that Miller was not going to get the Duc ride even before the Petrucci win. Dovi wants a wingman and that’s Petrucci not Miller. Shame really. Jack needs to learn to keep it upright, I think he’s better than Petrucci and has more potential. IMO it’s clear that Ducati wants all their riders to work together so their #1 rider can take a title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                            is there any solid truth to Alex joining motogp, and with Ducati? And in turn, Miller's seat being under threat? If Alex Marquez is in and Bagnaia is staying, well... 3 doesn't go into 2 (unless you're Repsol Honda). Alex taking Rabat's or Abraham's spot makes more sense.
                            Motorsport.com claims Bagnaia's contract stipulates a 2020 bike for next year and they said Miller would not want a 2019....

and motorsport.com also claims Pramac in talks with mini Marquez. Although Miller might accept a 1900 bike if he has no other choices.

I agree that Ducati want a wingman for Dovi and Petrux did it perfectly at Le mans and will do so for the remainder of the season.

Unfortunately Ducati are like Ferrari and team orders rule. I wonder how many Engineers Miller has at his disposal compared to Petrux?

I doubt Lorenzo would get the chop. Mainly because who would replace him? This is more the reason why each manufacturer requires satellite teams. When a rider changes makes...straight to satellite team they should go!

Comment

• Free video - History of the World Championship. Need to create login for website. Will watch when I have a spare 5 minutes, or 2 hours... eep!

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2019...ionship/285091
                              Last edited by Kristy; 13-06-2019, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by QUACKA View Post
                                well with that win and the way they are commenting Millers time at ducati is done unless petrucci comes off or dnf's alot for the rest of the season and Miller has really good results. Shame Miller has stepped up his game this year in riding and not so much jack ass.....
                                Miller will stay at Pramac Ducati..that is how I read conversation during and after the race.
                                Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
                                remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
                                Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
                                Who died while defending his right of way;
                                He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
                                But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X