Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrucci all but officially signed up for factory Ducati for 2020. Ducati want to keep Miller but he will only stay if he gets a factory-spec 2020 bike. That means ponying up 4 factory-spec bikes. Where does this leave Alex Marquez? Taking Abraham or Rabat's spot? Is it merely rumour? If HRC saw true potential they'd have tried to snap him up? (He got a ride on the Repsol after snaring the moto3 championship). Or are siblings usually across different manufacturers?
    Last edited by Kristy; 15-06-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
      Petrucci all but officially signed up for factory Ducati for 2020. Ducati want to keep Miller but he will only stay if he gets a factory-spec 2020 bike. That means ponying up 4 factory-spec bikes. Where does this leave Alex Marquez?
      What choice does miller have? If they offer him a push bike he will have to accept and if he doesn't, I'm sure there are plenty of Moto2 riders who would gladly take his spot on a year old bike. Miller is good...but not great and probably not that marketable.

Comment

• Originally posted by datsikk View Post

What choice does miller have? If they offer him a push bike he will have to accept and if he doesn't, I'm sure there are plenty of Moto2 riders who would gladly take his spot on a year old bike. Miller is good...but not great and probably not that marketable.
        Yes, probably ensuring he makes a lot of noise about it because he knows he is subject to what Ducati decide so figures he'll threaten to go elsewhere and see if that works... not that there's anywhere to go

Comment

• Can Oncu isnt going to be very popular after that race.

2 Honda engines going kaput.

What felt like half the field DNFing.

Damn the Moto3 is exciting.

Comment

• Well that escalated quickly.
            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• Well.... damn

A replay of the big incident shamelessly stolen from Reddit: https://streamable.com/bxaz7

I genuinely feel for all riders involved in that one, I think it was a racing incident plain and simple. Lorenzo is getting a lot of flak on social media (he always does). How was he to have known Marc was going to cut inside Dovi and that Dovi would slow down even more. His options were either slam into Dovi at his current speed or try slow down, obviously he attempted to slow down, overloaded the front, and you saw the result.

Such is the nature of tight and close racing, if something goes wrong it affects more than just one or two racers..
              Last edited by Known; 17-06-2019, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• People claiming conspiracy, that it was done on purpose to help Marquez...

Bah.

Shame it ruined what could have been a good race.

Didn't watch the Moto2, but for a dry race, there were quite a few DNFs in the GP and 3 o.O

Comment

• Originally posted by Known View Post
                  Well.... damn

A replay of the big incident shamelessly stolen from Reddit: https://streamable.com/bxaz7

I genuinely feel for all riders involved in that one, I think it was a racing incident plain and simple. Lorenzo is getting a lot of flak on social media (he always does). How was he to have known Marc was going to cut inside Dovi and that Dovi would slow down even more. His options were either slam into Dovi at his current speed to try slow down, obviously he attempted to slow down, overloaded the front, and you saw the result.

Such is the nature of tight and close racing, if something goes wrong it affects more than just one or two racers..
                  Honestly I’m not sure how it can be seen any other way.

Comment

• It was a racing incident. He wasn't being greedy or going for a 1% gap.

As for the haters on the web...they are really starting to sh$t me. Having a dig at a 5 time world champ who made a mistake lasting 0.5 of a second? or maybe 1 second?

Comment

It was a racing incident. He wasn't being greedy or going for a 1% gap.

As for the haters on the web...they are really starting to sh$t me. Having a dig at a 5 time world champ who made a mistake lasting 0.5 of a second? or maybe 1 second?
                      It’s amazing the skills they give the riders whom they hate and are shit but only get results because of (insert reason). Lorenzo is so good that he timed the corner so perfectly to take out Dovi and the others moments after Marquez got in front of Dovi ensuring he was safe from the carnage.

Comment

• Originally posted by p4p1 View Post

It’s amazing the skills they give the riders whom they hate and are shit but only get results because of (insert reason). Lorenzo is so good that he timed the corner so perfectly to take out Dovi and the others moments after Marquez got in front of Dovi ensuring he was safe from the carnage.
                        Mad skills by Lorenzo to deliberately fall down and take out his team mates main competitor and 2 factory yammies in one go.

Really, the on-line loonies are out-doing themselves this time.....

Comment

• Well when you think about it, if Rossi qualified 18th like he has been, Vinales cooked the start like normal (seriously, who expected him that close to the front so early?), and Lorenzo was battling for a top 10, then this all could have been avoided.

So I conclude all three were to blame, and poor Dovi is the only victim.

Comment

• Interesting thing I noted was Jorge "excuse machine" Lorenzo didn't mention Marc/Dovi as a factor at all in his initial pit lane interview.
                            Last edited by Kristy; 17-06-2019, 09:48 PM.

Comment

It was a racing incident. He wasn't being greedy or going for a 1% gap.

He absolutely was being greedy: he'd never been faster than 10th all weekend and often considerably slower than that. He had a great start and was basically trying to race guys who were a lot faster than he was......on just the second lap....with cold tyres, FFS. Greedy and stupid.

If by "racing incident" you mean there was no malice or intent? Yup, fair enough. If by "racing incident" you mean no-one was to blame? Then no, I didn't expect a rookie club racer's mistake from a 5 time World Champion.

And the mistake is going to last the rest of the now anti-climactic season, not just 0.5/1second. But it's nothing Doohan, Crosby and a heap of others haven't done, the world will continue to turn.
                              Last edited by slowpoke; 18-06-2019, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by slowpoke View Post
                                He absolutely was being greedy: he'd never been faster than 10th all weekend and often considerably slower than that. He had a great start and was basically trying to race guys who were a lot faster than he was......on just the second lap....with cold tyres, FFS. Greedy and stupid.
                                I don't agree with that.
                                And I don't think anyone racing that day would either. (Objection, hearsay! Sustained)

Racers race. Regardless of the weekends' performance up to that point.
                                Do we expect them to capitulate and return to the status quo if they find a setup that puts them in a position they haven't been in that weekend, or all year?

It was the best start to a race for him this season, so he was obviously feeling comfortable. Even on those cold tyres.

He made a mistake (with massive consequences) and that's all it was.

There is always someone to blame.

-

On another note.

I bought MotoGP19 on the Nintendo Switch last night (first playable day today - haven't had a chance yet)
                                Anyone else? Keen to race online with people I "know" - but I believe Switch can only race Switch

Comment

Working...
                                X