Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chew View Post
    Just that you should be aiming to win at the slowest possible pace.

What he does has worked for him so far but there are cumulative injuries from falling off bikes at 100+ kmh and he is not getting younger. I am not saying it will happen, just that I would hate to see it happen.

He needed eye surgery after a crash in 2011 that was successful but could have ended his career and he is now having shoulder surgery to prevent dislocation. I am not sure but I think that usually involves bone grafts.
    I had a shoulder reconstruction and it didn’t involve bone grafts. His might be different to mine though.

Comment

Well, I have to have a shoulder reconstruction [ one side looks like a head of cauliflower....], but the Doc says to wait a few years, not looking forward to it.

Marquez will probably be doing push-ups 3 days after surgery.

Comment

I know it's their first outing but the MotoE bike lap times were 10 seconds or more slower than the Moto2 bikes at Jerez.

Comment

Videopass for the off season on sale at 1 Euro for the next day
          Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidf View Post
            I guess we all make our predictions now....

Marquez [ provided he's fit soon enough ] is still a level above all others. Maybe a level and a half. Be glad we can see such a freak-show. Agreed, although I switch the feed off as soon as he's won 'cos I can't stand the over the top celebrations: newsflash, you've won 5 x MotoGP titles and near on 50 GP's, it's not your first time on the top step so how's about you just kiss the pretty girl instead of your +20 crew, have a beer and chill it a bit eh?

Dovi, I think 2018 was his best chance, and he blew it, just lacks that little bit of nasty.... Nah, a combination of circumstances/mistakes put him under too much pressure at the start of the season and he was playing catch up from too far back, still good enough to be easily best of the rest in spite of giving everyone a head start.

Lorenzo, just can't see a quick enough adaptation to the Honda. Agreed, but would love to be proven wrong purely from a badly needed interest point of view, because it's hard to wish such an arrogant lil' shit any success.

Vinales, so close, but mentally fragile unless it's all going well, and the Yammie remains a question mark. The others aren't standing still. Agreed, and too many times over the last 2 x seasons he has simply responded with "I don't know!" when queried about what is wrong with the bike. The engineers must have Ashley and Martin on speed dial to cope with the debriefs. Not to mention, he selects reverse far too often off the start line so his race is gone burger by T1.

Rossi, sorry but the fire is dimming a little. Consistent but weary of the bike issues and the long season. Disagree, the fire is still well and truly lit, if anything his will to win on a donkey has cost him, but why wouldn't you have a crack if the championship is lost? Given a good bike he is one of less than a handful who can realistically challenge for the title.

Rins could be a longshot darkie pick, the Suzuki is coming along. Longshot? Moonshot methinks, the consistency isn't there and Suzuki have proven time and again that they aren't prepared to go all in, in either MotoGP or WSB (eg Haslam 2010). Neither Rins nor Mir have the experience to develop the bike, Rins best result in Moto2 was 3rd in the championship (4 wins) while Mir didn't win a single race.

The rest will feature every now and then, but not seriously.
            Originally posted by SomeBloke View Post
            Winning at the slowest possible pace is bad for development though because all the experience and data is not collected at the bike/rider limit. Short term focus, yes, slow wins are good, but long term, others are working and learning from their limits, and the winner isn't.
            Hmmmm, can't say I agree with this, sorry. Friday/Saturday are about testing/perfecting the bike and development, Sunday is all about points accumulation hence Marquez topped the crash stats (again) but didn't have a DNF (albeit Argentina was a screw up) until after he'd won the championship in round 16. His main challenger, Dovi, only had 5 crashes all year, but importantly 3 DNF's after just 7 races. I'm not a fan but Marquez isn't just freakish in the skills department, for all the talk of him being a loose cannon he is clinical in his finishing/thinking.

Comment

Race data is just as important as practice data, if not more as it is the 'actual' event and you can measure against other riders. If you aren't learning why and how you are winning you are not moving forward as well as others who sure as shit will be looking hard at their race data trying to find why and how they lost.

Comment

Originally posted by slowpoke View Post
                Hmmmm, can't say I agree with this, sorry. Friday/Saturday are about testing/perfecting the bike and development, Sunday is all about points accumulation hence Marquez topped the crash stats (again) but didn't have a DNF (albeit Argentina was a screw up) until after he'd won the championship in round 16. His main challenger, Dovi, only had 5 crashes all year, but importantly 3 DNF's after just 7 races. I'm not a fan but Marquez isn't just freakish in the skills department, for all the talk of him being a loose cannon he is clinical in his finishing/thinking.
                Adding to that, the DNF at PI was just a freak accident as well, not something that is likely to be repeated for a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Final test times for MotoE at Jerez. They're 4 seconds slower per lap than a Moto3 bike.

Comment

It's not like that's particularly slow. I'm still excited/interested to see how they develop
                    Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                    How many bikes can you buy today that have an otto cycle motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Biggles View Post
                      It's not like that's particularly slow. I'm still excited/interested to see how they develop
                      That will be enough of that positive attitude thank you.

Srsly, are they the quickest electric road race bikes in the world? Close racing is all I crave.
                      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Hah yeah sorry, forgot where I was. Death to progress!

How long are their races going to be? Did they up the output to get a few good laps in, or are they going to be able to keep that pace I wonder
                        Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                        How many bikes can you buy today that have an otto cycle motor?

Comment

I'm definitely interested to check them out. I don't know what I expected really. I was expecting more of a Moto2 level.

The one thing all the riders comment on is the heavy weight.

Comment

AU$390k for your very own RC16?

Comment

Bargain...
                              EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

It seems ducati have a well sorted motorcycle, if you remove marquez from the equation they have 3 or 4 potential race winners next year

Comment

Working...
                                X