Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yamaha need to lock down Quatararo ASAP, Next year he will likely get some serious numbers thrown at him. Dovi is in his mid 30's and Petrucci isn't championship calibre so I would expect Ducati to throw some big numbers at him. Honda only has Marquez, if he leaves so do their results. They may throw some big numbers at him as well.

    Comment


    • Bloody Gardner, such a hot-headed sad sack. The only good thing about him is the way the commentators regularly tear him to shreds. His permanent miserable outlook and throwing that hilarious tantrum in the box. Chris Vermeulen was watching the race with Josh Hook and Jack Miller and remarked that he was going to have to interview Remy.. Comedy gold!

      As a racer I think Remy is doing alright, just needs to keep his cool and finish races. He was in with a bloody good shot at Red Bull Ring!! A Podium for sure

      Jack.. surely threw away another podium. Poor bugger
      Dovi, holy shit when he made that impossible looking pass ... Couldn't believe my eyes!
      - Mike

      Comment


      • Originally posted by p4p1 View Post
        Outside of Marquez Honda is not getting results so its hard to evaluate, the bike clearly has shortcomings in everyone else's hands but is that a result of the bike suiting him over all others or his ability to ride around problems and adapt?
        A bit of both?

        What I found interesting was that Marc commented that he needed that 65? degrees of lean angle at Sachsenring to make the bike corner.
        From what I can remember in the few years past, if you ever saw about 61-62*, it was just as the bike started sliding into the scenery.
        65 at pace is ridiculous.

        And Cal is complaining that the bike can't get the lean angle he needs.

        WTF is Marc or Honda doing to make that sort of lean angle work?
        Less metal and more carbon on the swingarm?

        Comment


        • Moto E race - another great race. Was amusing / sad when that guy tried to lift his crashed bike but couldn't lift it an inch

          How funny was the Crutchlow interview with Simon after he crashed. Where he said something about "now I get to sit back and watch the Marc and Dovi with commentary from Matt Birt and Steve Day". Pretty much everything Crutchlow says is gold

          Comment


          • Just in: Zarco is leaving KTM at the end of the season. Wonder where to? Jorge, Jack, Johann - it really does prove timing is everything. Jack may not have had a ride if Jorge took his seat = Jack out to pasture in the WSBK paddock. I'm not a fan of Jack but he is deserving of a ride in motogp. Bautista was another victim.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kristy View Post
              Just in: Zarco is leaving KTM at the end of the season. Wonder where to? Jorge, Jack, Johann - it really does prove timing is everything. Jack may not have had a ride if Jorge took his seat = Jack out to pasture in the WSBK paddock. I'm not a fan of Jack but he is deserving of a ride in motogp. Bautista was another victim.
              Sounds like a joke a first, but I'd bet Lorenzo and KTM could be an interesting marriage. Not ideal for JL99, but KTM would love to have his input.
              - Mike

              Comment


              • I think at this point Lorenzo knows any bike not suited to his riding style will result in at least 1 year in the doldrums. Zarco is super smooth and he can't tame the beast, I expect the same would go for Lorenzo.

                Unless Lorenzo has proven himself with a manufacturer I doubt there'd be many who would take the gamble? He's 32 now, 33 in 2020 (second year of HRC contract). 1 year to get used to another bike is 2021, start winning* 2022. He's 35 in 2022. That's why I think his next ride has to be Ducati or Yamaha... or retirement/WSBK.

                *maybe.

                Comment


                • I agree with you. I got shot down when I said he should consider retirement, but given the timing, he's going to be getting nothing but unsatisfactory offers post HRC.

                  Being a good or great 'rider of the past' doesn't mean much when you're running out of equipment because of new talent coming through.
                  Maybe he can buy Karel out of his seat and make the GP17 work :ROFL:

                  Even if he lands back on the Yamaha - is it right for him?
                  I feel back to Ducati would be the better bet.
                  Maybe take Bagnaia's seat if anything?

                  I'm also intrigued with young Marquez' decision.
                  Like I said before, he's switching to Petronas next year.
                  But Yamaha apparently promised the second team to VR46, so what's going to happen to the Petronas team and riders when VR46 kicks off?
                  How log will that take to get a team going?
                  Will he have time off between racing and managing?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                    I agree with you. I got shot down when I said he should consider retirement, but given the timing, he's going to be getting nothing but unsatisfactory offers post HRC.

                    Being a good or great 'rider of the past' doesn't mean much when you're running out of equipment because of new talent coming through.
                    Maybe he can buy Karel out of his seat and make the GP17 work :ROFL:

                    Even if he lands back on the Yamaha - is it right for him?
                    I feel back to Ducati would be the better bet.
                    Maybe take Bagnaia's seat if anything?

                    I'm also intrigued with young Marquez' decision.
                    Like I said before, he's switching to Petronas next year.
                    But Yamaha apparently promised the second team to VR46, so what's going to happen to the Petronas team and riders when VR46 kicks off?
                    How log will that take to get a team going?
                    Will he have time off between racing and managing?
                    I think Petronas money talks so I’m not sure that the VR46 team is a go 100% anymore. Personally I believe it’s dorna that are pushing for a VR46 team and not Yamaha. Rossi means much more to their bottom line than he does Yamahas. I’m not so sure he holds the kind of sway he has done previously either to get his way whenever he wants.
                    I’ve read that Alex Marquez’s move onto a Yamaha has been vetoed which is holding up any potential move to Petronas in moto2 next year.
                    I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibilities that Petronas could become the factory team either, they have the money and the guy who is probably Yamaha’s future.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by p4p1 View Post
                      I’ve read that Alex Marquez’s move onto a Yamaha has been vetoed which is holding up any potential move to Petronas in moto2 next year.
                      I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibilities that Petronas could become the factory team either, they have the money and the guy who is probably Yamaha’s future.
                      Petronas is becoming a formidable force in other racing classes / motorsport. The previous satellite team was Monster Yamaha Tech 3, the current "factory" team is now branded Monster Energy and has a mixed look of black/blue. Does this hint that the factory/independent teams might be restructured in the future. Perhaps this Monster Yamaha team will ultimately become VR46's team - and the Petronas or otherwise goes on as "Factory" Petronas Yamaha

                      Alex Marquez was signed and sealed with Petronas. "Someone high up at Yamaha" tore it up. maybe Lin Jarvis.. however I have theory that Valentino Rossi personally shat on this deal, owing to his long standing hatred of Marquez's (and dislike of Spaniards in general)

                      - Mike

                      Comment


                      • I doubt DORNA cares about team VR46 as I don't see why team vr46 would be an attraction to spectators. Do people follow team vr46 in moto2 and moto3? Motogp is about riders not teams and as Rossi's results fade, so does the "excitement" of seeing his team in Motogp. I can't see the people running the Petronas team stepping aside for VR.

                        Comment


                        • Yep, Everything MotoGP claiming: "Alex Marquez renews with Marc VDS for 2020. He had a deal signed with Petronas Moto2, however Yamaha said no to the move as Yamaha doesn’t want a Marquez on their bikes"

                          Comment


                          • Alex was incredibly lucky to keep his ride with Marc VDS a few years ago. He hadn't delivered what was (reasonably) expected of him but they simply had no one else to put on the bike so they renewed with Alex. Luckily he's found his feet, or wheels.

                            It really does seem there's no middle ground with Marc - people either like him or despise him. But I have no hesitation in saying there's a decent number who despise Marc purely because of the run ins he and Rossi have had.

                            Comment


                            • Have had a few gp things backlogged to watch - unsure if this doco about Dani was posted here, but have just watched this - The Silent Samurai: https://youtu.be/hJMITfnM1N8

                              Dani as always, is articulate and insightful. Bought a tear or two to the eye.
                              Last edited by Kristy; 13-08-2019, 08:50 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by datsikk View Post
                                I doubt DORNA cares about team VR46 as I don't see why team vr46 would be an attraction to spectators. Do people follow team vr46 in moto2 and moto3? Motogp is about riders not teams and as Rossi's results fade, so does the "excitement" of seeing his team in Motogp. I can't see the people running the Petronas team stepping aside for VR.
                                I completely agree but Carmelo was pushing this a while ago. He told Rossi that there would be two spots added to the grid if he wanted a team. The main reason I remember it is because Herve was pretty open about it and no you won’t, we have a signed agreement stating no more teams until X and I’ll take it to court if I have to. Then of course Herve was told if Rossi started a team Yamaha would supply bikes for it but wouldn’t have the capacity for Herves team. So thanks for the last 20 years Herve but get fucked. Herve made a deal with KTM that *seems* to have been better for him despite the lack of results.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X