Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great win from Rins. It was easy to see it coming in the last couple of laps if Marquez couldn’t make a meaningful gap before the las sector. The rear of Marquez’s bike was so twitchy all race, was it the three, the bike or the user?

Has Honda given up too much for their horsepower gains? It’s been harder to see when Marquez is fighting Dovi but the gains on the brakes and mid corner Rins was able to make were huge

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhino View Post
      Can't say I disagree with the commentators about MotoGP Q2.
      The top 3 should have all been penalised for cruising during the session.
      No consistency across the categories.
      Probably true. Although I admire the way MM seems to be able to end up behind someone who needs a fast lap (Dovi or Rossi) at the very end of qualifying, when he's already on the front row. They need the lap so they can't roll out if it, he gets a tow, boom another P1

Great race, Rins is cool

Comment

• Originally posted by n8balls View Post

Probably true. Although I admire the way MM seems to be able to end up behind someone who needs a fast lap (Dovi or Rossi) at the very end of qualifying, when he's already on the front row. They need the lap so they can't roll out if it, he gets a tow, boom another P1

Great race, Rins is cool
        Yep!

His strategy is next level.
        He's turned qualifying on its head.

Set the bar high, early.
        Those that have been dragging their feet won't have a choice towards the end of the session.

Comment

• Marc's qualifying strategy is always innovative. 50% pole ratio from 120 starts.. god damn!

This following strategy while already on provisional pole is just another one. Tony Arbolino's taken it one step further in Moto3 and went out in the final minutes and actually hindered the big group marginally!
          - Mike

Comment

• Comment

• ^^
              what bike is he riding at the start and end of that?

Comment

• Originally posted by n8balls View Post
                ^^
                what bike is he riding at the start and end of that?
                Custom build by Deus Ex Machina. CR500

Comment

• That bit between 14:45min and 15:30min, is motorcycling in a nutshell, and the few times it really is like dancing and it is beautiful.

A little like Senna describes Monaco in this clip;

When you have a moment (or series of moments) where you are almost watching yourself from the outside, rare and beautiful.
                  Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

• http://deuscustoms.com/bikes/model/the-pedrosa-bike/

very nice

Comment

• Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                      That bit between 14:45min and 15:30min, is motorcycling in a nutshell, and the few times it really is like dancing and it is beautiful.
                      I've always been a nervous rider.
                      Stiff and waiting for shit to happen.
                      The product of my first bike being a 750 twin and no 250 experience.

I achieved this only once, on a country ride. The boundary of the helmet visor fell away and it felt like I was just floating.
                      Very cool.

But as my bikes got more expensive and I spent less time on them - my fear went up, my ability went down - and I stopped enjoying it.

The bike will go soon.

Comment

• Thats no good, but I understand the fear going up along with the value of the bike, the fear of incarceration for the shit I get up to on two wheels is also right up there as I fear ending up with an arsehole the size of a dinner plate with my good looks. A 7 in the free world is a 10 behind bars.

I recall laughing more on a $3000 Cagiva Mito than I did on a $30k+ MV Agusta. You need something fun that lets you worry about riding and not the repair bill.

/offtopic
                        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                          I've always been a nervous rider.
                          Stiff and waiting for shit to happen.
                          The product of my first bike being a 750 twin and no 250 experience.

I achieved this only once, on a country ride. The boundary of the helmet visor fell away and it felt like I was just floating.
                          Very cool.

But as my bikes got more expensive and I spent less time on them - my fear went up, my ability went down - and I stopped enjoying it.

The bike will go soon.
                          This is pretty much me in a nutshell. Hoping to get a cheap 600 some time in the future, so hopefully I can get rid of that fear & feel a little more comfortable.

Comment

• Originally posted by pnork View Post

This is pretty much me in a nutshell. Hoping to get a cheap 600 some time in the future, so hopefully I can get rid of that fear & feel a little more comfortable.
                            The more you ride the more comfortable you will get. Maybe do some track days where they give you some tips, that can help a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by CT90 View Post

The more you ride the more comfortable you will get. Maybe do some track days where they give you some tips, that can help a lot.
                              Thanks for the tip - but I've been riding for 20 odd years, done multiple track days at Barbs with Champs, Trackdayz & Racecraft. Only thing I can think of is that I went straight to a big bike without doing my time on something smaller. I had a ZX6R for a while (an old one) at the same time as I had my big bike. It was a heap of shit.. but wow.. that bike was fun to ride. Anyway. I think this is the MotoGP thread, and probably not the place for this discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post

I recall laughing more on a $3000 Cagiva Mito than I did on a $30k+ MV Agusta. You need something fun that lets you worry about riding and not the repair bill.

/offtopic
                                No matter the price of the bike you are riding, Surely the most important concern when having a fall is your own body?

As for fun, I seem to be able to have fun on a ninja250, honda ct110...whatever! A cheapish 600 surely would be enough for most folf to be able to enjoy a fang?

Comment

Working...
                                X