Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, Marquez cannot be the GOAT until he wins on a two stroke, at Leguna Seca

GOAT is kind of a bullshit idea, it is subjective and only useful for arguments

Comment

• I think it is easier to classify GOATs as period-specific. Vale was the GOAT at adaptability and ability to win on any machine. Now, the diversity in bikes isn't there any more so Marquez can never have that claim over Rossi. Marc is certainly the GOAT of the last 10 years - 8 titles in 10 years. Didn't win one year because he risked going blind if he raced, the other because the Honda was a complete dog. Got to 8 titles 3 years earlier than Rossi. My GP knowledge doesn't pre-date Marc's era but will happily say he is quite simply, the rider to beat and has been for the last 10 years. Fabio seems the most likely competitor for the near future. Vin if he can get his shit together (is it him or the bike?). Dovi just isn't consistent enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by n8balls View Post
        No, Marquez cannot be the GOAT until he wins on a two stroke, at Leguna Seca

GOAT is kind of a bullshit idea, it is subjective and only useful for arguments
        So....., is it Lawson, Rainey, Koscinski or Cadalora?
        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• Originally posted by chew View Post

Steady Eddie Lawson, obviously

Comment

• Originally posted by n8balls View Post

Steady Eddie Lawson, obviously
            Pfft, couldn't even win three in a row. Also lost the title one year to some bloke who won 500 & 250 titles that year.

Rainey was steadier.
            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• Apparently in a recent interview, Rossi said Marc will break his title record, but it's Marc's fault he doesn't have one more.

Grab a tissue

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                Apparently in a recent interview, Rossi said Marc will break his title record, but it's Marc's fault he doesn't have one more.

Grab a tissue
                Apparently it was a translation error

https://www.reddit.com/r/motogp/comm...d_vrs_comment/

Comment

• Dorna Sports is delighted to announce that MotoGP™️ will be returning to Brazil from 2022, with a five-year contract with Rio Motorsports (RMS) securing the sport’s return to Rio de Janeiro until 2026.

Rio Motorpark is forecast for completion in 2021 and features a 4.5km layout of seven left- and six right-handed corners, with an approximate MotoGP™ laptime of 1 minute 38 seconds.

Comment

• I'm not sure if it was Morrison's quote - doesn't quite seem the same (such is translation).

But I can't find the post now anyway. Might have been deleted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                      I'm not sure if it was Morrison's quote - doesn't quite seem the same (such is translation).

But I can't find the post now anyway. Might have been deleted.
                      I saw it in this crash.net article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cra...tle-haul%3famp

Comment

• Johann Zarco is set to replace Takaaki Nakagami at LCR Honda for the last three rounds of the 2019 MotoGP season, Motorsport.com has learned.

Nakagami is suffering from a similar shoulder problem to the one that afflicted Marc Marquez last season, and for which the world champion had surgery last December.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prefectionist View Post
                          Johann Zarco is set to replace Takaaki Nakagami at LCR Honda for the last three rounds of the 2019 MotoGP season, Motorsport.com has learned.

Nakagami is suffering from a similar shoulder problem to the one that afflicted Marc Marquez last season, and for which the world champion had surgery last December.
                          Very very interesting.... subject to performance, may replace Lorenzo in 2020?

Comment

• Originally posted by chew View Post

Freddy Spencer - "Spencer also competed in both the 250cc and 500cc Grand Prix World Championships, winning both titles in the same year. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post

Very very interesting.... subject to performance, may replace Lorenzo in 2020?
                              I think Zarco is contracted as a Yamaha test rider next year. Potential 2021 ride on a Honda though pending Lorenzos performance, or Cals retirement through injury?

Comment

• Originally posted by Prefectionist View Post

I think Zarco is contracted as a Yamaha test rider next year. Potential 2021 ride on a Honda though pending Lorenzos performance, or Cals retirement through injury?
                                Nah he's yet to sign. Lin Jarvis was saying he hoped to have it squared away during/after the flyaways.
                                Can Zarco ride the Hoonda though - this stint will answer that question. I'm thinking Puig hopes Lorenzo pulls the pin. His confidence is shattered.
                                Last edited by Kristy; 13-10-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X