Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chew View Post

Say what?

If his team mate was on a Honda it would be a comparison.
    Comparison : Is the act of evaluating two or more things by determining the relevant characteristics of each thing to be compared, and then determining which characteristics of each are similar to the other, which are different, and to what degree.

So if Cal is normally a 8th place rider and finished 2nd, were would Zarco have finished had finished in a "normal" race? 20th?

Don't get me wrong, I said it was "weak" because if Zarco wants the Repsol ride he will probably need to finish top 6 in the last 2 GPs to give Honda a headache.

If Honda want a rider to ride around in 10th or so, they already have Bradl and Lorenzo (if they want a sweeper).

I can't see Lorenzo riding for Honda next year, maybe they will make a joint decision after he tries the 2020 model at Valencia or maybe after next years preseason testing.

F1 at Austin are complaining about the bumps! LOL

Comment

• Fkn ouch at Marc's highside. Never seen one like it.
      He was being a dick though trying to get a moto3-esque tow.

Zarco 9th on the grid. Lorenzo in 18th... Lorenzo was going to bring his Motegi form to Sepang - he sure did, he even bettered it: he was 19th on the grid in Sepang. Killing it.

It was noted Puig was down in the LCR garages a number of times.
      Last edited by Kristy; 02-11-2019, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
        Fkn ouch at Marc's highside. Never seen one like it.
        He was being a dick though trying to get a moto3-esque tow.
        Yup - Trying to pressure Fabio the rookie, and it backfired on him.
        Would like to see less mind games.

Comment

• Originally posted by redbeard View Post

Yup - Trying to pressure Fabio the rookie, and it backfired on him.
          Would like to see less mind games.
          Maybe mind games, but mostly Marc didn't have the pace, needed to latch onto someone. It was that obvious I actually thought they might get called up to answer for it.

The best mind games Marc plays is obliterating them. If he has the pace he doesn't try and tag anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by datsikk View Post
            Comparison : Is the act of evaluating two or more things by determining the relevant characteristics of each thing to be compared, and then determining which characteristics of each are similar to the other, which are different, and to what degree.

So if Cal is normally a 8th place rider and finished 2nd, were would Zarco have finished had finished in a "normal" race? 20th?

Don't get me wrong, I said it was "weak" because if Zarco wants the Repsol ride he will probably need to finish top 6 in the last 2 GPs to give Honda a headache.

If Honda want a rider to ride around in 10th or so, they already have Bradl and Lorenzo (if they want a sweeper).

I can't see Lorenzo riding for Honda next year, maybe they will make a joint decision after he tries the 2020 model at Valencia or maybe after next years preseason testing.

F1 at Austin are complaining about the bumps! LOL

I was replying to your original post where you stated he finished behind his KTM team mate not someone who has been on that bike for years and occasionally has a good race. That is, where would Pol have finished on the Honda is a valid comparison.

Anyway ninth in qualifying, flick him, he only qualified in front of two factory bikes with 9 world titles between them, pathetic.

F1? Zero fucks given.
            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

• Hell of a ride by Vinales today. Doesn’t matter where Márquez qualified, I don’t think he would’ve been able to stay with Viñales.

No idea what happened to Quatararo today. I think he will have to wait to next year now.

Dovi did an excellent job, he is such a good racer. Yes the Ducati has a top speed advantage but Dovi does a great job of forcing guys to make mistakes when attempting to pass.

Comment

• I think it is less Dovi forcing the 'passer' to make mistakes and more the nature of the Ducati. Trying to pass the Duc is like trying to pass a Superbike on a 600. Harder under brakes (Which is another area the Duc is strong) and to try block the Ducati run out of the turn.

Comment

• GP One article here with an interview with the LCR boss
                  Lucio Cecchinello: "I think Lorenzo will decide after Valencia whether he'll continue or not."

"I think Lorenzo's problems can be attributed to two phases. The first is related to the first time he got on the Honda after getting off a Ducati and, if we look closely, it didn't go badly. If we look at the times he got at Jerez with the 2018 bike, he was a few tenths from Marc. He was close."

What happened instead?

"The 2019 bike probably gives riders less confidence and sensitivity on the front. To make it turn, it needs to be forced in a very decisive manner, making it slip in the rear. By forcing, Jorge fell a few times too many at the beginning and later also lost confidence. In my opinion, analyzing Jorge's performance, a good 70%, and maybe even 80%, depends on the lack of confidence and the rest from his riding style. Now it's quite obvious that he's no longer confident.
                  Having Zarco on the LCR Honda is quite interesting. Puts pressure on Lorenzo for sure
                  Last edited by Creme; 04-11-2019, 03:55 PM.
                  - Mike

Comment

• I don't know if Zarco is a shoe in, but I agree it will help push Lorenzo out.

I think they'll mutually separate.
                    HRC will pay out half his remaining contract to get rid of him, and Lorenzo will be let off the hook.
                    I think it's a win for both of them.

I think Zarco is proving himself on it though - even with the limited amount of time he's had.

Comment

• Guaranteed if Lorenzo had only a one year contract, he wouldn't be on the bike in 2020.
                      Zarco is the natural choice right now because coming 8th is better than 18th, but I wonder if HRC would do a brother pairing...? They did give Alex a ride of the Repsol after he won the moto3 championship.

If Alex went to motoGP it might give Luthi the chance to win a moto2 championship! Always the bridesmaid...

Comment

• Read there's a rumour in the paddock about Petrucci and Miller swapping places for 2020. While i'm sure they're spewing they signed Petrucci instead of Lorenzo, based on current form of Petrucci/Miller, it seems a justified swap

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                          Read there's a rumour in the paddock about Petrucci and Miller swapping places for 2020. While i'm sure they're spewing they signed Petrucci instead of Lorenzo, based on current form of Petrucci/Miller, it seems a justified swap
                          I really didn't understand why they signed Peco so early. What other options did he have?

As for Lorenzo, what I can't get my head around, why didn't they let him race the 2018 bike this year? even if it meant him swapping teams and going to LCR ?

Comment

• Originally posted by datsikk View Post

I really didn't understand why they signed Peco so early. What other options did he have?

As for Lorenzo, what I can't get my head around, why didn't they let him race the 2018 bike this year? even if it meant him swapping teams and going to LCR ?
                            Petrucci was getting some ok results early on in the season, with him and Jack taking about equal honours. I read somewhere that Petrucci asked for a 1 year contract for the 2019 season to keep him motivated - I call bs, that was Ducati's doing/choice, but if there was an element of truth to needing to keep him motivated then you are not putting in your best week after week. If you need the threat of a big stick to keep you trying, you don't really belong there at that level. Petrucci and Iannone are perfect examples of needing a big stick to up their results.

I don't think factory teams are keen to regress to previous models as anything new is seen to be progress on previous models. It is true, Jorge did so much better in preseason tests on the 2018 model. Will be interesting to see how Zarco goes on the 2020 model if he does indeed get Jorge's spot. Marc has said there's no improvements on the 2020 model that Jorge will find helpful for what currently ails him.
                            Last edited by Kristy; 07-11-2019, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Wayne Rainey rides again for the first time in 26 years. The tech to enable paraplegics to ride has been around for quite some time so just mustn't have had the desire before until the opportunity was presented to him.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/93...ey-rides-again

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=imqwHIjwO2w

Matt Battista is amazing back on track. Still competitive against able-bodied folk. These guys have more feel and skill in their little finger than I do in my whole body.
                              Last edited by Kristy; 09-11-2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• With respect to earlier discussion on GOATs, crash.net bravely* went there: https://www.crash.net/motogp/feature...iders-all-time
                                See video linked in the article.

* on second thoughts, it would be brave if:
                                a) they didn't put Rossi as #1.
                                b) put Marc ahead of Rossi.

Video outdated as of a week ago - Lorenzo no longer holds the all time points tally.
                                Last edited by Kristy; 10-11-2019, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X