Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, "everyone" was banging on about how Honda and Ducati got around the IMU sensors - and effectively cheated.

The two tests have shown that they're still at the pointy end of the field (and that's with George and Marc both injured) - supposedly, on the new spec IMU.

Was it all just words in the air - and they're just ... better than everyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
      So, "everyone" was banging on about how Honda and Ducati got around the IMU sensors - and effectively cheated.
      By "everyone" you mean Yamaha I assume because none of the others were anywhere in the hunt anyway
      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
      Originally posted by Phildo
      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
      Originally posted by filbert
      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

They were certainly the team that was left out in the cold, but “everyone” translates to “it’s been widely reported”.

Comment

Ducati had there team launch the other day got to say not a fan of the new colour scheme last years looked better...

Comment

Originally posted by QUACKA View Post
            Ducati had there team launch the other day got to say not a fan of the new colour scheme last years looked better...
            And not a Ducati sticker anywhere... anyone know why?

Last year with the grey was much better - prob the best colour scheme to date IMO.

Comment

I know very odd with the lack Ducati on there, i know the very good reasons for the smoking sponsorship bans but they did get the look of the livery right in the day...

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                And not a Ducati sticker anywhere... anyone know why?

Last year with the grey was much better - prob the best colour scheme to date IMO.
                Maybe Ducati has changed ownership yet again. But no one really knows who too... Harley? Audi? AMG? Kymco? Oh wait... Audi it is.

I like the blood red though, very aggressive.
                Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Yeah, spied Audi on there but Ducati is still a manufacturer/brand, just owned by Audi...? Maybe there wasn't any room with all the sponsors already on there 😃

Comment

I think the darker colour looks mint, not a fan of the boxy and flat seat/tail though.

There is some ducati branding on the tank, I think they don't run the Ducati logo because it's 'unnecessary' and their livery should speak for itself...

Comment

Maybe they forgot?
                      SP RACINGis supported by:
                      MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                      Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                      Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by QUACKA View Post
                        I know very odd with the lack Ducati on there, i know the very good reasons for the smoking sponsorship bans but they did get the look of the livery right in the day...
                        If it makes you feel better " Mission Winnow " is Philip Morris's new ideas think tank (we've got 10 billion customers, surely we can get money out of them some way )
                        Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

Left schaphoid injury for Lorenzo:
                          https://motomatters.com/news/2019/01...aphoid_in.html

https://www.motogp.com.au/fan-zone/n...t=news-article

Schaphoid = well, shit...; also it's well shit.

Comment

With the athlete he is and the access to the type of medical facility he has, it won't be as much of an issue as to plebs like us.
                            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Scaphoid injuries are extremely common among motorcycle racers, as it is the bone in the base of the hand, which usually hits the ground first. The list of riders who have broken their scaphoid is very long indeed: Lorenzo joins such names as Casey Stoner, Nicky Hayden, Stefan Bradl, Jack Miller, Kevin Schwantz, and many more. How badly the injury affects a rider can vary enormously, as the bone receives very little blood and tends to heal very slowly. A fracture can be fixed quickly with screws, but the fracture itself may not heal for a very long time.

Nicky Hayden had to have a row of bones, including the scaphoid, removed, after the scaphoid he injured in a crash at Turn 1 at Valencia turned arthritic and failed to heal. Casey Stoner had to have surgery on the scaphoid five years after originally breaking it. On the other hand, Toby Price won the 2019 Dakar Rally with a pinned scaphoid, after breaking it in December.
                              Definitely better access and care and they are as hard as nails but they would subject it to much more use post-break than us plebs. We'd refuse to use our hand for months and squeal if anyone touched it 😃 well maybe not that bad but we're not made of the same stuff they are, nor do we need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                                Left schaphoid injury for Lorenzo:
                                https://motomatters.com/news/2019/01...aphoid_in.html

https://www.motogp.com.au/fan-zone/n...t=news-article

Schaphoid = well, shit...; also it's well shit.
                                He could do a Toby Price. 5 weeks and Winner!
                                The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Working...
                                X