Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
    He could do a Toby Price. 5 weeks and Winner!
    I'll never forget his Assen comeback. Also, before my motogp following time, but have heard he broke both ankles and raced.
    Soccer: bitch, please!

Comment

Originally posted by SomeBloke View Post
      I think the darker colour looks mint, not a fan of the boxy and flat seat/tail though.
      I didn't think it was too bad (it's basically a mocked up GP18 anyway) until you pointed it out. It DOES look boxy, like they've thrown the French Curves in the bin and pulled out the ruler instead. But the lines of the paint don't do it any favours, although the salad box definitely seems more squared off than previous versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
        And not a Ducati sticker anywhere... anyone know why?

Last year with the grey was much better - prob the best colour scheme to date IMO.
        I think they are going for the brand association model.

I.e it’s called a Ducati, entered as a Ducati and looks vaguely like a Ducati. We don’t need to sticker it with ‘Ducati’ everywhere, we’ll let the paying people advertise our bike for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rubin View Post
          I think they are going for the brand association model.

I.e it’s called a Ducati, entered as a Ducati and looks vaguely like a Ducati. We don’t need to sticker it with ‘Ducati’ everywhere, we’ll let the paying people advertise our bike for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Imagine doing that to Ducati roadbikes... their sales would plummet. What good is a Ducati if the owners can't proudly display the Ducati sticker and laud it over people and tell them they're just jealous because they can't afford one 😃 I had one once (it was awful <Grumpy Cat>) and was tempted to gaffa tape over the 'Ducati' on the tank for the lolz. *puts on flak jacket* (butthurt if you must, but there is an element of truth to it for some owners)
          Last edited by Kristy; 21-01-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Just buy an MV Agusta every armchair expert wanker will swear black and blue that you are riding a Ducati.
            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
              Just buy an MV Agusta every armchair expert wanker will swear black and blue that you are riding a Ducati.
              Just because you made that mistake doesn't mean you should convince the rest of us to do it.

I dont mind the look of the GP19, but I own a Kawasaki and think that looks good, so its a bit of a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                And not a Ducati sticker anywhere... anyone know why?
                Nah, you've just got it from the wrong angle, the "Ducati" is on the only place competitors will see it....on the back! (ducks and weaves....ducks and weaves)

Comment

Originally posted by slowpoke View Post
                  Nah, you've just got it from the wrong angle, the "Ducati" is on the only place competitors will see it....on the back! (ducks and weaves....ducks and weaves)
                  What when it's pushed back into the pits
                  #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                  Originally posted by Phildo
                  Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                  Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Para045 View Post
                    What when it's pushed back into the pits
                    Youre thinking of Aprilia.

Comment

• Comment

• Maybe Ducati can seize a chance to get a little jump on Honda here. Both of them recovering from surgery means not being quite up to speed at season beginnings.

This from Motomatters as well, that Duke doesn't seem to lack horsepower either....

https://motomatters.com/analysis/201..._new_team.html

Comment

• The Mission Winnow thing is taking the piss. Aside from being blatantly stupid and irritatingly vague, it's a pretty clear violation of EU rules on tobacco advertising. Pushing their "safer" vaping system that still uses tobacco thinly veiled as an innovation thinktank is offensive to anyone with a brain. I don't mean offensive that it's smoking related. Want to pay someone a fortune to kill you slowly? Go for it. I mean offensive as the are treating everyone as if they are retarded and don't see what Phillip Morris are doing.
                          EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
                            The Mission Winnow thing is taking the piss. Aside from being blatantly stupid and irritatingly vague, it's a pretty clear violation of EU rules on tobacco advertising. Pushing their "safer" vaping system that still uses tobacco thinly veiled as an innovation thinktank is offensive to anyone with a brain. I don't mean offensive that it's smoking related. Want to pay someone a fortune to kill you slowly? Go for it. I mean offensive as the are treating everyone as if they are retarded and don't see what Phillip Morris are doing.
                            I dunno, I kinda think that when the branding was first rolled out no-one had any idea who the fuck MW were, so it's hard to say they are advertising cigarettes/tobacco.

Is it any different to the way alcohol advertising is handled in Australia? I mean Coca Cola Amatil are free to advertise during and/or sponsor childrens shows/events......but they also sell a large range of alcohol (https://www.ccamatil.com/en/our-busi...nds/our-brands and it's illegal to advertise alcohol to children.

It's a slippery slope to start banning advertisers and companies/subsidiaries rather than products as many companies have a huge number of brands/products under their umbrella.

Comment

• Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
                              The Mission Winnow thing is taking the piss. Aside from being blatantly stupid and irritatingly vague, it's a pretty clear violation of EU rules on tobacco advertising. Pushing their "safer" vaping system that still uses tobacco thinly veiled as an innovation thinktank is offensive to anyone with a brain. I don't mean offensive that it's smoking related. Want to pay someone a fortune to kill you slowly? Go for it. I mean offensive as the are treating everyone as if they are retarded and don't see what Phillip Morris are doing.
                              Yeah it's been going on for years, in F1 they used to change West tobacco branding to East on the back of the cars (McLaren I think) and Benson & Hedges would block out letters to become Be on edge Others would keep the same paint scheme but cover up the name
                              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                              Originally posted by Phildo
                              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                              Originally posted by filbert
                              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

• It's quite annoying really, just let them bring back full tobacco sponsorship into F1. The amount of money those companies injected into the sport allowed the teams to really push the envelope in research and also provided more avenues into the sport for smaller teams and new riders to get into the sport. Also they spawned some pretty good looking machinery.
                                Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Working...
                                X