Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rhino View Post
    So, "everyone" was banging on about how Honda and Ducati got around the IMU sensors - and effectively cheated.

The two tests have shown that they're still at the pointy end of the field (and that's with George and Marc both injured) - supposedly, on the new spec IMU.

Was it all just words in the air - and they're just ... better than everyone else?

Will probably find they moved their sensor shenanigans to the wheel speed sensor or something. New technology, smaller - until motogp mandates spec sensors for everything, the fun and games will continue - with ever shrinking technological rule bending. It's the name of the game - make the rules more strict, it is engineering's JOB to find an exploit in them. It's just the way it is.

They probably always WERE better than everyone else without the custom IMU. But if the loophole is there to exploit, while it is there, you exploit the fuck out of that shit - because anyone else with the technical ability to do so will do.

Also on Pedrosa vs. Puig...

No one in motogp history has tried harder than Dani IMHO. There were plenty who doubted he'd ever even be able to ride a 990, let alone win multiple races on one.

He's been fucked by bad luck so many times, 2012 being the worst - was in a position to win the championship on a track he's great at then brake lockup/tyre warmer issue on the grid and forced to start from the back instead of POLE. Collected by a back marker...

Fucked by the rules by spec tyres, and fucked by minimum tyre inflation levels in recent years - which given his much lighter weight are likely too high for him to get warmth in the tyres. Fucked over by genetics at birth, his physical size on the top tier machines being more of a liability than an advantage (no one is short on power).

If he "didn't want to win", then why the fuck would he have had such drastic arm pump surgery? They completely REMOVED the muscle fascia in his arms to alleviate it. The willingness to undergo that surgery alone at the late stage of his career in order to regain competitiveness is borderline insane.

Early on i had quite a disliking for Dani due to his (then) childish behaviour. But he matured into one of the few gentlemen left in the sport, and was blisteringly fast when things weren't stacked against him to boot.

It's a tragedy that we never saw him race on a Yamaha or Suzuki. But unlike Puig was to him, he was a loyal Honda man (even back to his time on 125s) until the end.
    Last edited by thro; 28-01-2019, 01:12 PM.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

• Yamaha's new color scheme is not too bad.
      PSN- DOOOM666

Comment

• https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...ivery-for-2019
        PSN- DOOOM666

Comment

• Link to an album I'm shamelessly stealing from Reddit: https://imgur.com/a/Fb4ms8M

I think the bike looks ok. I don't love it, don't really hate it, I just feel it looks so uninspired. The leathers on the other hand are just bad.

Comment

• I don’t like the black and blue. It looks to me like it’s not sure if what it wants to be. I get why they didn’t want to go full tech 3 monster theme but I just think it’s neither here nor there which is a shame because some of the monster cars look great.

Edit: the more I see it though it doesn’t seem as bad as I first thought.
            Last edited by p4p1; 04-02-2019, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• A bit amped for the test this week.

Starts tomorrow.

Comment

A bit amped for the test this week.

Starts tomorrow.
                I've never quite got the deal with the tests (in terms of streaming). Do they sometimes stream it live but then you can't access it afterwards? Do they only do live timing for some and no broadcast? Do they only provide hi-lights? I've gone to motogp.com and says the next thing up is After The Flag but can't find any footage.

Comment

• Yeah - seems to be that it's "too hard" to cover them.
                  Valencia is a big/easy one because everything is already there.

I'd like to see my subscription $ going towards a few cameras at ALL tests if they're going to suggest that we get access to testing.

Comment

• Marquez currently 2/10ths in front of Rins, followed by Vinales, Petrucci, Rossi, Dovi, Bradl, Taka, Pol, Jack.

Early days of the test so far but if it stays similar throughout I would be worrying if I wasn't Marquez on a Honda. He's still injured and more tellingly right now Bradl comfortably inside the top 10.

Comment

• What app do you use for streaming?
                      Born to ride forced to work

Comment

Yeah - seems to be that it's "too hard" to cover them.
                        Valencia is a big/easy one because everything is already there.

I'd like to see my subscription $ going towards a few cameras at ALL tests if they're going to suggest that we get access to testing.
                        Yeah I knew they streamed one of them (which is why I was a bit confused about whether they do or not), but yeah, Valencia makes sense given everything is there.
                        I guess it costs them $ and I doubt anyone purposefully subscribes for the testing alone so they don't lose any market.
                        Shit though cos I'm off work this week, and housebound - when I read your post I got excited I could camp put in front of motogp.com!

Comment

• Originally posted by CbrRider81 View Post
                          What app do you use for streaming?
                          I'm not sure if this was aimed at me or not.
                          But previously I used the MotoGP app. I cancelled my renewal this year though, it is really convenient but it is pretty expensive for what it is and IMO the extra content you get, not including the old races should be free because the interviews etc are just a promotional tool so being forced to pay for them makes no sense from my standpoint.
                          I have Foxtel at home and the times I posted just above were from the MotoGP website which normally posts the live timing anyway.

Comment

• Bloody hell, just reading on crash.net, as soon as Marquez fell asleep on the operating table, his shoulder popped out of the socket on it's own. That's how destroyed it was.

Comment

• Appears to be a bit better now!..... 1st day, April premiers and all that, but he hasn't slowed down too much.

Comment

• Yeah, Marc only did half a day and he's only .2 off Dani's quickest (EDIT: Day 1) time last year.
                                Rins only another .2 behind that - so they're starting out well.
                                Last edited by Rhino; 07-02-2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X