Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And for some added feels... (because I can't stand him)

Iannone was the first to crash, on his new bike, on the out lap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhino View Post
      And for some added feels... (because I can't stand him)

Iannone was the first to crash, on his new bike, on the out lap.
      I'm not a fan either and while I don't like to see anyone crash, that is pretty funny. Probably setting the tone and the expectations low for the next two years...
      Not sure if it beats de Puniet's bin from the back of the grid where he didn't even cross over the start/finish line.
      Iannone only has the hunger when his seat is under threat. If he had the same hunger all season long he could be a contender, or at least be up there fighting for podiums regularly.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Kristy;3408615 de Puniet's bin from the back of the grid where he didn't even cross over the start/finish line.
        [/QUOTE]
        Which race was this?
        PSN- DOOOM666

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Stinky View Post
          Which race was this?
          Le Mans, 2012. Just rewatched the start - he and his bike did actually make it across the start/finish, but they parted ways while crossing it.
          https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/17...-home-disaster

Comment

• LOL

MotoGP bookmarks significant events of the race.
            20:18 - Race start (lights out was actually 20:28)
            20:38 - Crash RDP (already on the ground when they switch cameras at 20:33)

< 5 seconds

That was a crappy race weekend for him.

4th row.
            Bike hits the ground on the line.

He is a REALLY nice guy though.
            Met him in 2010 at Misano.

Comment

• RdP's crash in France in 2012 was really unfortunate (despite the lols). For any rider who crashes out of their home GP. Gotta feel for them. The home GP for any rider only comes around once a year and the pressure must be huge.
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

• Cal's response to the interviewer's first question of "how was the crash?"
                Cal: "First question was about the crash. Typical. I enjoyed it really, was a great crash. Not a question about how was your day" or words to that effect.

Comment

• Listening to Simon Crafar on ATF - he's gotten so much better, thankfully. This season should be good from the commentary perspective, and of course the riders themselves. It's always interesting when mass musical bikes has occurred. Would be interesting if Jorge was fit to ride. Mir and Bagnaia will be interesting to watch as the season progresses, as well as how Morbidelli goes on the Yammy.

BTW, in addition to Dear George, Boris is going to be doing a "Dear MotoGP". Read that late last year on his FB page, but haven't heard anything since but look forward to the first installment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                    BTW, in addition to Dear George, Boris is going to be doing a "Dear MotoGP". Read that late last year on his FB page, but haven't heard anything since but look forward to the first installment.
                    Met Boris recently over here - in person a genuinely good bloke and quite funny.

On various forums and FB pages - he’s a bigger troll than Ryan. The only difference is Boris can actually ride........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Vinales was well clear of everyone yesterday. Whether it means anything or not we will see. He could be a bit of a dark horse this year, seems a few people had written him off. It all comes down to whether he gets what he wants or not though.

Comment

• Ducati top 4 of the time sheet on day 3... and Petrucci sets the fastest ever lap in MotoGP of Sepang

Comment

• I don't know how these guys do it. On my first day back at work after holidays I can't even remember what I'm supposed to be doing .

Comment

• ha ha yeh but these guys look forward to going back to work from holidays....

Originally posted by wonky View Post
                            I don't know how these guys do it. On my first day back at work after holidays I can't even remember what I'm supposed to be doing .

Comment

• I would be too, not just because bikes but a 7 (or 8 for the top guys) figure salary certainly helps.
                              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

• Francesco Bagnaia just posted the second fastest time of the Sepang Test on a GP18.

Sorry Jack Miller, you're always going to play second fiddle to Francesco Bagnaia. If he impresses on the GP18 this year, I see Petrucci being dumped due to his 1 year contract and Factory Ducati prepping Bagnaia to take the reigns from Dovi.

Miller might get a factory Ducati as a second rider, but he's no Casey Stoner.

Comment

Working...
                                X