Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p4p1
    replied
    Originally posted by n8balls View Post
    MM would likely have more lead as Lorenzo would have taken some points from Dovi

As for Ducati looking bad/disloyal - that is not new. They were working to swap out Stoner when he got ill not long after he won their first / only title
    And IIRC offered Jorge more money than they ever offered him despite Jorge, at the time not being a world champ.

Leave a comment:

• n8balls
    replied
    MM would likely have more lead as Lorenzo would have taken some points from Dovi

As for Ducati looking bad/disloyal - that is not new. They were working to swap out Stoner when he got ill not long after he won their first / only title

Leave a comment:

• Rhino
    replied
    Originally posted by Kristy View Post
    Ducati looks bad in all of this.
    That's why I reckon they should just go "fk it, let's swap".
    Miller to HRC and Ducati can have Lorenzo.

As for "would Marquez have a 58 point lead if Ducati had Lorenzo" - My guess is, most likely.
    Given Marc has only finished first or second (and a DNF) - that's a tough ask for anyone to best.

Leave a comment:

• Kristy
    replied

Lorenzo, Zarco, Redding, Bautista - who goes where:
    https://www.visordown.com/news/racin...oes-where-2020

Ducati looks bad in all of this. Certainly won't encourage loyalty from Miller and will make others a bit skeptical:
    https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...t-motogp-glory
    Last edited by Kristy; 14-08-2019, 08:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Creme
    replied
    Well the Miller debacle is finally resolved. Hes staying with Pramac for another year.

Leave a comment:

• SomeBloke
    replied
    whoooshhhh

rossi v MM arguments from years ago... Discussions been had (Rossi was a child...)

Leave a comment:

• Rhino
    replied
    Yeah - my PSB bookmark used to take me to the subscriptions page so it was easy to see if my sub'd threads had updated.
    Then go to unread posts.

That doesn't work well in this current form, and I sometimes need to go to the notifications page.

Its usability is ... sub-optimal

Leave a comment:

• Kristy
    replied
    Again? It's still broken in that its user-friendly functions are gone. No new/latest posts appearing. This is the only thread I go to/play in now.

Leave a comment:

• n8balls
    replied
    I think the forum is broken again. It is suddenly showing posts from 3 years ago

Leave a comment:

• p4p1
    replied
    Originally posted by chew View Post

I am a Marquez fan but have to say he has purposely hit other riders like he purposely hit Rossi.
    When did he purposely hit Rossi? Argentina? When Rossi left the door open but refused to pick the bike up.

Leave a comment:

• chew
    replied
    Originally posted by p4p1 View Post
    Marquez gets the hate for his ‘dangerous riding’ but never once has he purposely hit another rider like Rossi.
    I am a Marquez fan but have to say he has purposely hit other riders like he purposely hit Rossi.

Leave a comment:

• p4p1
    replied
    Originally posted by Kristy View Post
    Alex was incredibly lucky to keep his ride with Marc VDS a few years ago. He hadn't delivered what was (reasonably) expected of him but they simply had no one else to put on the bike so they renewed with Alex. Luckily he's found his feet, or wheels.

It really does seem there's no middle ground with Marc - people either like him or despise him. But I have no hesitation in saying there's a decent number who despise Marc purely because of the run ins he and Rossi have had.
    I would say the vast majority that dislike him are because of Rossi. It’s been the same for everyone who challenged or worse yet beat him. Stoner and Lorenzo are called all kinds of names because of their moaning but neither have ever moaned as much or to the level that Rossi has. Marquez gets the hate for his ‘dangerous riding’ but never once has he purposely hit another rider like Rossi.

his incident in moto2 at Phillip Island that could’ve ended both his and the other riders careers and lives was when he was 18 and more importantly he went sent out by the team who are supposed to be the experienced adults in the garage.

Leave a comment:

• p4p1
    replied
    Originally posted by datsikk View Post
    I doubt DORNA cares about team VR46 as I don't see why team vr46 would be an attraction to spectators. Do people follow team vr46 in moto2 and moto3? Motogp is about riders not teams and as Rossi's results fade, so does the "excitement" of seeing his team in Motogp. I can't see the people running the Petronas team stepping aside for VR.
    I completely agree but Carmelo was pushing this a while ago. He told Rossi that there would be two spots added to the grid if he wanted a team. The main reason I remember it is because Herve was pretty open about it and no you won’t, we have a signed agreement stating no more teams until X and I’ll take it to court if I have to. Then of course Herve was told if Rossi started a team Yamaha would supply bikes for it but wouldn’t have the capacity for Herves team. So thanks for the last 20 years Herve but get fucked. Herve made a deal with KTM that *seems* to have been better for him despite the lack of results.

Leave a comment:

• Kristy
    replied
    Have had a few gp things backlogged to watch - unsure if this doco about Dani was posted here, but have just watched this - The Silent Samurai: https://youtu.be/hJMITfnM1N8

Dani as always, is articulate and insightful. Bought a tear or two to the eye.
    Last edited by Kristy; 13-08-2019, 08:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kristy
    replied
    Alex was incredibly lucky to keep his ride with Marc VDS a few years ago. He hadn't delivered what was (reasonably) expected of him but they simply had no one else to put on the bike so they renewed with Alex. Luckily he's found his feet, or wheels.

It really does seem there's no middle ground with Marc - people either like him or despise him. But I have no hesitation in saying there's a decent number who despise Marc purely because of the run ins he and Rossi have had.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X