Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hillz View Post
    i like this comment the best..

He added: "Apart from the bikes, the atmosphere inside the [WSBK] paddock is very different. This is more family-orientated, healthier and more human."
    Definitely. And this year MotoGP has turned even more commercial.

I mean fuck. Those opening videos. The opening video to the season on motogp.com

Fuck

Cringey? Fuck me...

What the fuck is Dovi shooting a fucking arrow for??
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

No one seems to be asking how well Jonathan Rea would go in motogp anymore
      Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by somebodyelse View Post
        Who?

Comment

Originally posted by somebodyelse View Post

He had a go on the HRC bike.

Don't you remember?

lol
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

In light of Bautista dominating I'm wondering if Rea would be having regerts not taking up previous motogp offers. Presumably he's as fast as he ever was, but now that a more recent comparison on the same championship spec machinery can be made, maybe it raises a question mark over how he'd go (though his 7th and 8th on an unfamiliar motogp bike in 2012 is not to be sniffed at). If he's not killing it where he is, and the offer's there, rather than coming a distant second in WSBK he might now be more inclined to try his hand at motogp? However I reckon the likelihood of being offered a ride has decreased - IIRC he wanted a factory ride and most factory riders are in the 1st year of their 2 year contracts, and currently there's a veritable feast of rookies from which to choose.

Similar to Bautista's thoughts about a different championship, I saw an interview with Redding who said BSB was a lot less pressure than motogp and one can infer, a friendlier, more chilled paddock (though his preference was to go back to moto2 but couldn't get a ride).

Comment

AB 😂😂😂😂
              Dushati 😂😂😂😂😂😂
              Dushati V4 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

How is the class of the MotoGP rider?
                Definitely makes the WSBK riders look like Learners.
                And that V4 Dushati. Class of its own.
                Yep. What a combination. Definitely making a clean sweep of the title of 2019.
                It was a closer Champion ship when Chas was on the old Dunga.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
                  How is the class of the MotoGP rider?
                  Definitely makes the WSBK riders look like Learners.
                  And that V4 Dushati. Class of its own.
                  Yep. What a combination. Definitely making a clean sweep of the title of 2019.
                  It was a closer Champion ship when Chas was on the old Dunga.
                  Better check out misano onwards! Rea's consistancy has paid off.

and good to see Chaz back on the top
                  Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                  How many bikes can you buy today that have an otto cycle motor?

Comment

1) rev cut hurt big time.
                    2) Bau is learning new circuits (but agree, he should of settled for a finish and some points...)

Comment

JR managed to still win with 4 times the rev limit cut than what they have given Dushati. And stay on the bike.
                      Also, where are the reverse grids that were introduced last year to make it harder for a certain team and riders.
                      Totally forgotten about this year.

Im actually hanging out for the 2019 V4 Dushati that is going to be introduced into WSBK this year. The one that is going to flog Kawasaki. We heard so much about it at the end of last year. Some technical issues may have delayed its release.

Comment

Ducati making Beta testers of buyers still, in 2019...

With the Clutch slave cylinder, DQS grabbing neutral, DWC and spontaneous revving, Cooling system fixes, Explodey Tank cap sealing and breather, Oil leaks, Brake pads falling apart, Dodgey rear subframe fitment AND Snatchy throttle. Did I miss anything?
                        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                          (though his 7th and 8th on an unfamiliar motogp bike in 2012 unfamiliar motogp bike in 2012 is not to be sniffed a
                          Back in 2012 there were CRT bikes and Ducati was doing really badly so he could not have done much worse than 7,8th. In saying that, Lorenzo has been doing alot worse (in terms of placing, but probably closer to the winner time wise). I do wish he was given more of a go. As you said, on a unfamiliar bike/tyres what could one possibly hope for? With the grid currently so close, a satellite option, in my opinion would still should be considered. Back in 2012....no friggin way!

Comment

But WSBK is a child’s game after MotoGP.
                            where are all the, “What a class rider on a class bike” now.
                            And let’s not forget, “He will win the Championship without a loss.”

he certainly is a class act. A class clown act.
                            much like the clown bike he is riding.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post

Silent because didn't previously follow.
                              Follow motogp, motogp rider goes to WSBK, start following, especially when he's making headlines by smashing them each race.
                              What happened to the class rider that is sooo much better than any WSBK rider?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post

What happened to the class rider that is sooo much better than any WSBK rider?
                                v v v Saw this article this morning but didn't post because PSB is dead and not at all user friendly. It's lucky I saw the post as I only go to the motogp thread now 😃

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vis...t-change%3famp

He did still win immediately after the rev reduction so rev reduction being solely to blame doesn't make 100% sense but someone did say this:

"When a bike that works well has its engine torque controlled, and that “music” which allows you to ride the bike to your liking is limited, of course, this affects your way of riding.

“It takes its toll on you, and it keeps just adding up: the bike is less competitive, the pressure increases and also that hunger of the rivals that want to defeat you. It’s because of these three concepts that we went from seeing Álvaro as the clear winner in so many races, to the current dominion of Rea.”

Same person also gave Rea credit for his learning and composure in the first part of the season.

Rev reduction would be like neutering a bike to make it LAMS compliant.

Disclaimer: I haven't been following enough to know exactly what's going on though because been super busy. Haven't really even had time for following motogp in its entirety so that's saying something 😮 my only knowledge about recent times is this article.
                                Last edited by Kristy; 03-08-2019, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X