Moto GP @ Phillip Island - Best Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moto GP @ Phillip Island - Best Seats

Allright u racing guru's and event fanatics, where is the best GRANDSTAND to sit in at the phillip island track.

We have the accomodation booked and sorted but just now need to buy some tickets.

Where did u sit last year Calvin :?: :?: For thos of you who are going this year why dont we try and all book and sit in the 1 spot :? Could be a bit rowdy but it would be the best fun I reckon.

Need suggestions and expressions of interest about booking/sitting all in the 1 stand soon so we can get some tix booked before they all disappear like the accomodation.
    Quote: "What do i like about the GP?......The Crumpet I S&#39;pose" <span style="font-family:Times">The Late Barry Sheene &#39;01</span>

Last year had shell vip and all the grandstands down the straight into turn one were Corporate boxes. I have heard the Lukey Heights grandstand is good but to be honest i enjoyed walking around the circuit to each vantage point. With the Lukey stand you also get the Big screen there as well. You will not be dissapointed either way GARANTEED!

Comment

whose going over this year??

Comment

i did that "VIP" thing last year. we sat on turn 4 which was pretty good coz if you looked right you could see them belting into turn 1, and then you could follow them all the way till they went around the back of the circuit. with these passes you can go anywhere in the infield. you get access to the support paddock which is cool - especially as last year there were a few people from WA racing there. me and the girlfriend reckon turn 10 was the best spot though. you can get up really close as they come over the hill into the right hander.

they are pretty expensive but paid for themselves when it pissed down on the sunday and i got to sit at a table indoors drinking crownies and watching people fall off just outside the window. if you book early enough the airfares cost fuck all as well. i think it was $330 return last year and some people got them cheaper than that. i wouldn't mind going in a grandstand though...will have to wait and see

Comment

I will be there.

Am interested in the VIP thing as it's going to be an awsome event and to gain access to all of the in field etc would be great.

Can I have a show of hands who is interested in the trip that I am planning. That is ship bikes to Melbourne (then fly there). ride up to Bathurst for the V8 supercars. then make our way down to Phillip Island the following weekend for the Moto GP. Then ship our bikes back. Should be just under 2 weeks.

Am starting to check it all out and as Boxhead said, best to book it all now and get what we want rather than miss out.

BB.

Comment

Tex: Me and my girl, Warpie, Chookie, BB dont know who else though.

Jarrid, I like that VIP idea, can u give me more details? My flights are booked already so no dramas there but just need to buy the tix.
            Quote: "What do i like about the GP?......The Crumpet I S&#39;pose" <span style="font-family:Times">The Late Barry Sheene &#39;01</span>

Comment

Jarrid, I like that VIP idea, can u give me more details? My flights are booked already so no dramas there but just need to buy the tix.
              i just got something in the mail yesterday. i'll have a look tonight and let you know tomorrow. you actually book tables of about 8 or 10 i think.

Comment

alright here is the website. go to the "VIP Early Bird" bit and then check out the different options. my pick would be the high octane club. the photos on there are shit compard to what you actually get to see.

http://www.grandprix.com.au/bikes/default.asp

Comment

That look sweet Jarrid, unfortunately a bit out of my price range seeing as though I will miss Friday and can only make Sat, Sun.

U reckon that is the best corner though Lukey Heights?

Comment

i don't know what everything looks like from the outside of the track, but from the infield i reckon it's the best. you are literally about 10m from the riders as they jump on the brakes coming down the hill before cranking right, doing a little wheelie as they get on the gas and change direction and then go flat chat around the reeeaaalllllyyyy long lefts onto the straight. you can see them all the way.

it might be a bit out of my price range as well seeing as i just bought a house and the bank wankers mistook an 8 for a 3 and gave us the wrong amount ie. i had to come up with $5000 cash out of my own pocket to cover it. :evil:

Comment

oooo ouch :shock:

Comment

Well LAdies and Gentleman, time is getting less and less for the tix to the grand prix. Like I said before, if Accomodation is anything to go by tix will go fast also.

All those who are going this year, Warpie, Madmax etc. get your shit together and let me know where u r thinking of sitting so we can get some tix together........please

Comment

booked flights and tickets today. will be in the infield at turn 10. i'll be the one with a bright yellow rossi jumper and a beer in each hand - i'll take the jumper off after lunch though

teed up some free accommodation about two mins from the track as well all that's left now is the hire car...

Comment

We have booked tix in the Lukey Heights stand. $235 for the three days which is pretty good. Only worry is if it rains but at the end of the day when you are watching the worlds best racers whio gives a shit.

Comment

We have booked tix in the Lukey Heights stand. $235 for the three days which is pretty good. Only worry is if it rains but at the end of the day when you are watching the worlds best racers whio gives a shit.
                              i'll wave from the other side of the track it was awesome last year...until the sunday morning when it pissed down and was about 8 deg. there was still awesome racing though

Comment

Working...
                              X