Mugello GP - all 6 laps of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mugello GP - all 6 laps of it

What does everyone think of the wet weather rule that turned the race into a 6 lap dash that saw shoes like Xaus potentially winning a GP?

Personally, I thought it fucked up a really great contest between Rossi and Gibernau, and were it not the same top 3 at the end of the 6 laps as when the race was red flagged, the entire event would've been IMHO a complete farce.

I'm hoping they sort this ruling out in future as I can't really see the benefit short of allowing non-event riders a little front-time and potentially screwing up good races.

Opinions?

Xaus was so far back before they red flagged that he would not have won on the overall times. they displayed the times from the first part as they were re-gridding (?) for the restart, and he was about 35 seconds back after that, so he would have had to pull away by the 35seconds to take the win....... still an exciting race to watch though

Comment

Xaus was so far back before they red flagged that he would not have won on the overall times. they displayed the times from the first part as they were re-gridding (?) for the restart, and he was about 35 seconds back after that, so he would have had to pull away by the 35seconds to take the win....... still an exciting race to watch though
      Hang on. I thought the whole issue was that they weren't using overall times :?: Thus why Xaus had a chance. Note that Corser picked up 4th, and he wouldn't have if overall times.. great race tho
      If only the young knew; If only the old could

Comment

shit eh? woops, my bad then....

Comment

Yeah Bulbous, the didn't use the cumulative times. The race *was* the last 6 laps. So Xaus - who did lead for a little while - would have won if he was leading at the end of the 6 laps.

Comment

i think i would have been pissed off then if it had have gone different then, but still some outstanding racing...

Comment

They all know the rules prior to starting the race, so I have no problem with it.
              As the track conditions change, regardless of restart or not, some riders will shine and others will not. And if one of the top riders had wets on they would have won by a mile.

It was a great race, hat comes off to Rossi and Gibernau

Comment

I thought the idea of Xaus getting on the podium was ridiculous, got a bit worried about him taking out one of the other race leaders as well :?

Bayliss was 6th before the rain kicked in and he finished 4th (I think) which is reasonable, and the rest of the front-runners finished in a reasonably sorted pattern... but it did seem a bit rough to just wipe off the whole first section like it was a big qualifier.

But them's the rules I guess.

Comment

Was it or was it not 6 entertaining laps That's what they get paid to do regardless of rules and what we think of them.

I watched it again today on fox sports, even second time around I enjoyed it 8)

Comment

http://www.megspace.com/sports/sorrento/04...04schouten.mpeg

http://tbk.fameflame.dk/temp/Nakano.mpg

(\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(")

Comment

OUCH!!!!!
                      Originally posted by vk6hgr
                      My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

did anyone recrd the race .. i fell to sleep
                        Love
                        Nick :twisted:

Comment

Mugello full race video

http://motogp.tiscali.com/ppv_multimedia2/.../278/278387.wmv

If anyones interested here is a link to the race Just save as.

Comment

Yeah that Nakano crash was pretty full on. :shock:

Comment

did anyone recrd the race .. i fell to sleep
                              Nick were you dunk again ???

Comment

Working...
                              X