Queensland Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queensland Championships

Hey guys, Just thought i'd update you with the gossip from the QLD titles on the weekend.

Unfortunately I had a pretty big get off going through turn two which is a high speed right hander leading on to the back straght, getting drive out of there really makes or breaks your whole lap. So i was pushing hard in qualifying trying to get a good grid position for the race, hit the bump midway through the turn (which seems to be getting worse) the front end tucked in and that was it. Luckily i was ok but the bike was looking very second hand so that was the end of my supersport campaign.

Apologise to Leroy who just did a great job spraying my fairings. Sorry mate

Anyway i went back out on Sunday to watch a couple of mates and lend a hand.
    Robert Bugden took out the Superbike races and set the fastest lap time of the weekend with a 1.11.6 which is about .8 off of Shaun Giles's 2003 pole position time. Kurt Percy was 2nd all day and Rodger Hayes 3rd. John Cartwright on the naked bike (FZ1) was 4th all day even after starting race 2 from the back of the grid.

Supersport was fairly disappointing with only 17 entrys and no one was really on the pace all weeked the fastest time was by Chris Quinn (who also had a front ender at turn two! going down the exact same spot as me) with a 1.15.3 which is a good 2.5 - 3 seconds of Brendan Clarks 2003 supersport lap record.

The ultralites (400cc) was taken out by Guy munn who was doing 1.21 laps and dominated all day from Alberto Marques and 600cc Superstock top runner Gareth Jones.

The ARRC are on in QLD the 13-15th of August and im hoping to have the bike back up and running for the superstock races.

Anyway ill keep you guys up to date with progess.

as i said to you ryan,as long as your alright mate.the bike can always be replaced but you cant,well almost :shock: you need to get that yamahahahaha fixed and out there.as long as your in front of those bloody hooondas il be happy

Comment

pffft the hondas will have no chance at willowbank in the arrc superbikes, im predicting the Yamahas and Suzuki's will be at the front.

I forgot the mention that the top 6 bikes in 1000cc class on the weekend were all yammies.

Comment

now now RG i thought you were a nice bloke who was just mixed up a bit and hadn't been shown the light of the Hondas, but then i supose some people just like to be the underdogs I supose some people just don't have any taste in bikes no matter how obvious it is to the rest of the world !
        8) Riding a Yammaha would be like rooting an ugly chick, you know when you tell your mates about the root you got the night before and they ask what she looks like and you tell them that she's got a great personality, you see deep down you know she's ugly and shit but whilst you're riding her you think she's great, A yammaha is the same, it's better than driving a car, but it sure ain't anything to brag about !

Comment

now now RG i thought you were a nice bloke who was just mixed up a bit and hadn't been shown the light of the Hondas, but then i supose some people just like to be the underdogs I supose some people just don't have any taste in bikes no matter how obvious it is to the rest of the world !
          8) Riding a Yammaha would be like rooting an ugly chick, you know when you tell your mates about the root you got the night before and they ask what she looks like and you tell them that she's got a great personality, you see deep down you know she's ugly and shit but whilst you're riding her you think she's great, A yammaha is the same, it's better than driving a car, but it sure ain't anything to brag about !

we will see what happens at the next round MR CATAPULT
          i want to see you eat those words all up,and i would prefer not to get a comback from MR CHOOKIE and CALVIN or you will seeeeeeeeeeee :twisted:
          GO YAMAHA!

Comment

hahahaha , you gonna come back and ride a 600 with me gohan ?? and next round will be heaps of fun ......as long as it's dry !! :shock:

Comment

hahahaha , you gonna come back and ride a 600 with me gohan ??

remember this MR CATAPULT :roll: nashy and strett do quicker times on there 600,s than there 1000,s so dont make that an excuse.dont you remember the saying(IT IS EASIER TO RIDE A SLOW BIKE FAST THAN A FAST BIKE FASTER)so get over it BITCH! :twisted: and ride it like its stolen

Comment

hahahaah , nice comeback Gohan , but i think one of the prerequisits for riding a bike should be that you can touch the ground on it :shock:

and why is it that last time i passed you you pulled staight off the track and used that weak excuse......what was it again.....oh yeah thats it.."I was on wets and the track was dry"

Comment

Sounds like the Clubmans Series next round will be fucken awesome :twisted: Leroy V's Tex, stuff the rest

Comment

Sounds like Rossi v's Biaggi

Comment

yeah sounds good , but Leroy has to give me a handicap, I've heard around the traps that 5bhp is worth around 1second per lap at Waneroo, so with the R1 putting out 180bhp and my 600rr putting out around 110bhp , so technically Leroy on his R1 should be 14seconds a lap quicker than me on horsepower alone , then take into consideration that he weighs fuck all ! geez his leathers weigh more than he does so we could round it off at around 15seconds a lap!
                      so just to be fair i think we'll divide by three because the honda is such a good bike, and we end up with a 5second handicap per lap !!
                      hahahahaha
                      I think that sounds fair, it's either that or he has to ride on wets again :shock:

Comment

Working...
                      X