Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSBK on the improve ?

How do you find World Superbike Series this year :?:

I must admit this year is a vast improvement to past years, last year was pretty boring to watch with Hodgeson winning most races with little effort.
    Where the year before it was the battle of Edwards (Honda SP2) and Bayliss (Ducati 998) which went right down to the wire, last race thriller but that too was a two man race to the title, no one else was in the running.

Where as this year new rule changers and the controversial control tyre rule with Pirelli has closed the field right up.

The Factory Ducati Fila Team has not run away as they have done in the past, and you would not say the riders are second rate! Laconi has GP experience and has won 500GP races were as Toseland is a bright young rider from the UK and will also be looking at pinching a ride off Troy Bayliss.

The biggest threat to the Fila Ducati boys will come from Chris Velmeulin (Ten kate Honda) and Haga on a Satilite Ducati team. The Ten Kate Honda team have developed the bike from scratch with no help from Honda (Factory support is not available due to protest) and is set to challange strongly for the championship and with the last 3 wins under his belt it is looking good for a strong finish. But don't right of Haga he will finish strong and fight it out to the end.

Franki Chili is the dark horse, with a small budget and on the old 998 bike he has surprised a lot of people by leading the championship early on in the season with some great riding. It would also be fair to say that he would most likely still be right up there if it was not for some bad luck with engine failures costing him 2 x DNF's in one round!

With all this in mind there is no clear outright favorite to win this years World Superbike Championship, which makes it good watching :twisted: 8)

How do you see it :?:

I'm surprised, thought Ducati would be double points ahead, excellant work by CV and ten kate honda, still think the Dukes will be 1 & 2 though.
    Next year the team that is running chilli's bikes are moving to the ZX10R's but no riders have been named yet, and I think Bimota will be trying again.

Comment

I'm surprised, thought Ducati would be double points ahead, excellant work by CV and ten kate honda, still think the Dukes will be 1 & 2 though.
      Next year the team that is running chilli's bikes are moving to the ZX10R's but no riders have been named yet, and I think Bimota will be trying again.
      Yea saw that Bimota are looking at a come back :roll: As for the Ducati's finishing 1 & 2, don't know about that. Laconi was and most proberly still is favorite to win the Championship but we all know anything is possible :?

Comment

I hope Honda win, way to many Ducati's out there.

Comment

I hope Honda win, way to many Ducati's out there.
          They should of called it the Ducati Cup!

I hope Chris or Chili pull it off 8)

Comment

Found this artical, good to see that I'm not the only one that thinks it's on the improve 8)
            It would also be great to see Yamaha and Suzuki return

"Carl Fogarty",

Carl Fogarty believes the Superbike World Championship may be on the verge of a resurgence.

Encouraging crowds at Brands Hatch last weekend, coupled with encouraging noises of the return of a variety of manufacturers, has provided the FPR owner with grounds for optimism for the years ahead.

He said: "I think the series was at a low last year, when there was only really one fast bike out there and when there was the negative reaction to the one tyre rule. Now the Honda is fast and there are a lot more 999 Ducati teams. There are strong indications that there will be more Hondas next year, with Yamaha and Suzuki teams returning. And, if MotoGP proves too expensive for the major manufacturers, World Superbike could get stronger and stronger again.

"I think the one-tyre rule has made the series more interesting. There are four guys challenging for the championship and a few more capable of winning races. After the encouraging results at Brands we are hoping to consistently and comfortably run in the top six for the rest of the year and we are confident there is a lot more to come from our engine. And it should be remembered that we are the only team doing faster lap times on Pirellis than we were doing last year."

Looking good 8)

Comment

There is a rumour Haga will be on a R1.

Comment

There is a rumour Haga will be on a R1.
                If so I would almost put money on him to finish in the top two :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                X