MotoGP Control Tyre Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MotoGP Control Tyre Proposal

Do you agree with the Control Tyre Proposal????
    Yes
    15.91%
    No
    84.09%
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

no, it stifles technical advancement.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

They asked some of the riders this during the interviews. I think it was Stoner that said it's not to far between limiting tyre choices and then other small things and all of a sudden it's R6 class racing. I have to say I agree with him.

Just look at the homogenization that has gone on in other forms of motor sport

Comment

Boo I say, Boo! Hoorah for prototype racing and engineering awesomeness. Although if it gets more homogenized then we don't have to worry about watching the race it'll be like F1. You can just assume whoever win pole will win the race
        DISCLAIMER: I is an idiot

"Physics is: - like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.
        - to maths what sex is to masturbation"
        -Richard Feynman

Comment

No.
          This is GP racing, prototypes. It goes against the very nature of the bikes.

Comment

No, don't agree.

In fact, i don't agree with the current restrictions.

IMHO, they should have no limit on the amount of different tyres they bring, but all all should be shipped there by day 1.

This is the premier class, adding restrictions will, as said, stifle development.

Given that huge advances in road bike (and tyre) design have filtered down from motogp (and previously 500s), i don't think stifling development is a good thing.

Having said that, i'm all in favour of banning electronic drivers aids once they've been developed. Traction control for example is pretty much a done deal. It's probably ready for deployment on road bikes - hence, it's continued use in motogp only detracts from the rider's input being a factor in winning... the bulk of the development is a done deal.

The teams would then go on to develop something else - which will ensure continued advancement...
            Last edited by thro; 15-10-2007, 10:41 AM.
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Seems to me like a ploy by some works teams to find a way around sponsorship obligations (the only way team X can get out of using tyre brand Y if they are locked in with sponsorship obligations is if the governing body introduce a control tyre rule).

But hey, I could be wrong.

Comment

Seems to me like a ploy by some works teams to find a way around the rules.

Comment

if they are all the same tyres then its down to the rider and the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by matt fathers View Post
                    which will ultimately see you buying a bike that has no technical advancement/development placed into it.

Enjoy your sterile ride.
                    Originally posted by Viper
                    I'm probably fucking something up.
                    FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                    Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Scoundrel View Post
                      Seems to me like a ploy by some works teams to find a way around sponsorship obligations (the only way team X can get out of using tyre brand Y if they are locked in with sponsorship obligations is if the governing body introduce a control tyre rule).

But hey, I could be wrong.
                      sounds like they need to farkin suck it up and get on with racing rather than whinging. Or get their tyre sponsor to put in some development for them.

Comment

Competition is good for everybody. With one brand running the whole show, they'd only have to put serious hard yards into development when they get ordered to, where as now they get the message as soon as the left side of Valentino and Dani's tyre starts losing traction while Casey and Loris cruse on.
                        This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by matt fathers View Post
                          Oh, and if we put them all on Ducati's, they'll ALL win!

Comment

despite the results this year, i think that

1) its been a long time coming for bridgestone
                            2) the tide will swing back the other way at some point
                            and
                            3) long term, non-control tyres is a good thing

Did casey have an advantage on bridgestones this year? Shit yeah. Its about time though...
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I dont think there should be a control tyre for tyre develoopment reasons.

But.....

I do think that all tyres should be available to all teams so that the non-factory teams can still be competetive.
                              You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Working...
                              X