Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossi to Ducati in 2009?

From Crash.net
    MOTOGP: Rossi raises pressure with Ducati talk.

He also raised this possibility in an interview with Fox sport at the Aus GP. Would be an interesting mix, but he is starting to sound a bit desperate.

If he did jump across to Ducati, what would they do? They have an Aussie World Champ (regardless of how 2008 goes, this should at least guarentee him a ride for 2008 and 2009) and the potential for an Italian superstar in Melandri. Would they perhaps run a third bike?
    "It's just a motorcyle race" - Mick Doohan, post-race press conference, Phillip Island.

But Melandri is exactly that, a potential superstar...
    Rossi already is

Comment

Rossi is just a sore loser. Specially after the last race. He obviously thinks he's better than Stoner, but on poorer equipment, so he is trying to even the playing field. It's all a bit selfish in my opinion, he's just the rider of the race team, just one member of the crew, it isn't all about him.
      This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

rossi on a ducati ... what every italian bike fans wet dreams are made off

Comment

Rossi is just a sore loser, Stoner is the better man at the moment and Rossi can't hack it

Comment

Stoner has won ONE world championship, at his age, Rossi had won how many was it now???
            Once Stoner can do it year in, year out, then yes, Stoner will be (in my eyes) a good rider (like Doohan, et al).
            Right now, he is nothing more than Nicky Hayden, a flash in the pan

The same thing goes for (my countryman, in case I was appearing biased against Stoner) Lewis Hamilton. 1 good season doesn't mean he is the best driver ever, and it doesn't mean all the others he managed to beat are sore losers, ex world champions or not.
            Last edited by Incognito; 13-11-2007, 09:25 AM.

Comment

^^^Fanboy supreme!

Comment

Rossi couldn't have done it without Doohan
                Doohan was a brilliant rider..Stoner has someway to go yet

Comment

As much as I think Casey is a legend, I haveto agree in principal with Helrayzer. Once the 800 class has a couple of years under it's belt and if Stoner can win a couple more championships after that, then he can start calling himself 'better' than Rossi.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                    As much as I think Casey is a legend, I haveto agree in principal with Helrayzer. Once the 800 class has a couple of years under it's belt and if Stoner can win a couple more championships after that, then he can start calling himself 'better' than Rossi.
                    It's not about saying that Stoner is better than Rossi. It's that Rossi cannot accept that someone has done better than him and starts playing the blame game (they all do it I know) but Rossi is particularly bad at it yet when he wins it was all him and nobody gave him any help but when he loses it was everyone else and not him

Comment

Rossi was on a bike which was around 20km/h slower than Stoner.
                      Had Stoner been on the same bike, would he have finished so high?
                      Look at where Colin Edwards finished, I think Rossi has every reason to complain about the bike.
                      I know I would have been...

Comment

Wasn't Loris on the same bike as Casey?
                        This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

My point is as Davey said
                          Yeah, Stoner is world champion once good on him, on the best bike, the best tyres, etc, etc.
                          Yeah Loris was on the same bike
                          Wouldn't it be more interesting having Stoner and Rossi on the same bike?
                          Or does that mean that Stoner would be less likely to be able to win ?
                          Last edited by Incognito; 13-11-2007, 08:59 AM.

Comment

All that proves is that Loris is less bad than Colin Edwards if both bikes were the same for each team for him to notch a noticeable improvement.

Comment

For how many years was the Repsol Honda the best bike when Rossi had it?

You win some, you lose some. Thats the way it is. How you choose to deal with the situation is up to you.

If anything, being on an inferior bike would force you to ride harder in order to keep up. Might be an advantage the following year if your machinery is up to scratch?
                              No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Working...
                              X