Ducati for the 2005 season.
    Nearing the end of a disappointing second season in the premier
    league of motorcycle racing, BAYLISS was told by Ducati at last
    weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix that his services weren't required
    next year.
    His last two rides for Ducati will be at this weekend's
    Australian GP at Phillip Island and at Valencia in Spain on October
    BAYLISS will be 36 in March and is hopeful of finding another
    MotoGP ride, although his options will be limited.
    Ducati is reportedly eyeing Honda's SETE GIBERNAU or Suzuki
    rider JOHN HOPKINS as his replace
    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Hopefully he'll have better luck with another team...
    Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Must suck to come from the top to get eventually shafted by the damn I-talians ....

hope he finds another team that suits him better...

Russ
      Fat kids always win at see-saw

Comment

Hope they dont just blame it on the rider and have a look at there bloody bikes also :?
        Quote: "What do i like about the GP?......The Crumpet I S&#39;pose" <span style="font-family:Times">The Late Barry Sheene &#39;01</span>

Comment

I'd say it was more the team and the bike than the rider...

Russ
          Fat kids always win at see-saw

Comment

Sete is Honda's No1 rider and they will not want to loose another top rider to another manufacture, were as Hopkins is young and has talent to fine tune.

The other Ducati rider on the move is Neil Hodgson, I think they said he was moving to Suzuki, now that would be a bad move.

Comment

I think its a good thing if, he can get onto a Jap bike, love to see how he goes on one of them, we know he has the skill to be the best now lets hope he can find a better team.

*goes and crosses out the italian flag on the back of my baliss rep helmet*

Comment

Well i got inside info that Bayliss is gonna be riding for HONDA next year ....

Go Bayliss !!!!!!
                Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
                Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

who's been inside you THIS time sunshine????

Comment

Nice to see that Ducati gave him the same loyalty that he's shown to them all these years...

Comment

You can not blame Ducati for his bad season, he has DNF more times than he has finished, unlike the 3 other Ducati riders.
                      He should go back to WSBK for Ducati, they will need a good rider next season as Honda / Yamaha / Suzuki and Kawasaki will put up a very strong challange in 2005.

Comment

gotta agree with Calvin, As much as i was backing Baylis in evere race he just wasn't coming up with the goods. Sure there were problems with the bike, but nothing that other riders didn't handle better than he did.
                        At the end of the day it's the "worlds top class' of roadracing where they invest alot of money and effort , so if your rider isn't coming up with the goods then he can't expect to keep his ride.

I doubt that it came as a shock to anyone.......because we all knew he didn't perform well enough to keep his ride.

Comment

You can not blame Ducati for his bad season, he has DNF more times than he has finished, unlike the 3 other Ducati riders.
                          He should go back to WSBK for Ducati, they will need a good rider next season as Honda / Yamaha / Suzuki and Kawasaki will put up a very strong challange in 2005.
                          I think your right Calvin, he probably should go back to WSBK next year but by the sounds of it he might be staying in MotoGP. Apparently we'll all know more in the next couple of weeks.

If he did go back, would he be riding next to McCoy as he's been riding with Ducati for some of this season in the WSBK? It's be awesome to see an Aussie team in next years season for the Supers!

Comment

he didnt do a bad job on sunday .. pick up his game a bit .. if only he had that consitancy all year
                            Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

he didnt do a bad job on sunday  .. pick up his game a bit .. if only he had that consitancy all year
                              It's the norm for a home track, brings out your best. Well it always seems too :?

Comment

Working...
                              X