MotoGP 2008 - Stoner's number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MotoGP 2008 - Stoner's number

For what it's worth, entrants for 2008 have been announced, with Stoner taking the #1 plate.

From crash.net
    #1 Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team
    #3 Alex de Angelis RSM Honda Gresini
    #4 Andrea Dovizioso ITA JiR Scot Team
    #5 Colin Edwards USA Yamaha Tech 3
    #7 Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki Motogp
    #13 Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team
    #14 Randy de Puniet FRA Honda LCR
    #21 John Hopkins USA Kawasaki Racing Team
    #24 Toni Elias SPA Team Alice
    #26 Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team
    #33 Marco Melandri ITA Ducati Marlboro Team
    #46 Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team
    #48 Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team
    #50 Sylvain Guintoli FRA Team Alice
    #52 James Toseland GBR Yamaha Tech 3
    #56 Shinya Nakano JPN Honda Gresini
    #65 Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki Motogp
    #69 Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team
    #TBA To Be Advised TBA Team Roberts
    #TBA To Be Advised TBA Team Roberts
    The numbers look to be pretty low, again.

No sign of Ilmor, and indications are that Team KR will probably not race in 2008
    Last edited by Ken Oath; 15-12-2007, 09:43 AM. Reason: can't seem to insert the link to crash.net

18 entrants. And a very competative field.

I thought Ben Spies was looking at coming over to MotoGP? I guess he couldnt secure a ride.

Comment

should have kept 27
      Originally posted by kyliejane
      benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
      Originally posted by harns
      Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Does he get a choice?

Comment

when did Rossi take #1???
          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kwakas View Post
            when did Rossi take #1???

He chose not to.

Comment

Originally posted by nath View Post
              He chose not to.

my point exactly.

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Look forward to seeing how Capirossi goes on the Suzuk.
                Melandri will rock!!

Comment

Originally posted by kwakas View Post
                  my point exactly.
                  What is your point?.. He's the World Champ and deserves to Race with the no#1 on his bike.. Rossi is a Supersticious Wog that got the shits up because for once he got beat by a better rider on equal machinery..Now he cries and wants Bridgestone Tyres.. I'd have thought a Champion like Rossi would have worked with Michelin and "Developed" there Tyres better for next year..

Comment

Good to see I'm not alone in my opinion of Rossi

Comment

pedrosa = dark horse for 2008 i think.

i hate the little bastard, but I suspect that honda won't have 2 really crappy seasons in a row... and he can be quick when he's in form...
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                        pedrosa = dark horse for 2008 i think.

i hate the little bastard, but I suspect that honda won't have 2 really crappy seasons in a row... and he can be quick when he's in form...
                        Concur.

Don't forget Honda made huge strides toward the end of the season, Mini-P winning the last race...bastard.

I think Spies might be getting 1 or 2 wildcards for 2008. Suzuki were on record as saying that while they were looking at running more than 2 bikes, they thought that 2008 was too early. So expect 1 or 2 extra Zuks in 2009.

To counter low numbers, Dorna has apparently been pressuring Suzuki & Kawa to run extra bikes.

And BTW.

I concur with Desmo who concurs with Col.

Rossi is one of the greats, at this stage greater than Stoner.

But bloody hell, can he spit the dummy!!!!

Comment

Barry Sheene also did not wear the No 1. Anyone but Pedrosa please.
                          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

So why do you guys hate Pedrosa so much?

Just curious.
                            07 MV F41000R
                            09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
                            07 CBR 600RR trackbike
                            sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Pedrosa certainly does come across as a dark brooding Spaniard but you gotta give him some respect.

He may be small but has big gonads and rides like a demon. He has also proved to be FECKEN HARD as he has come back from big crashes the likes of which a lot of the current crop have not had to deal with. Phillip Island, smashes both ankles to bits, helicoptered out and he was testing less than two months later and still smashes all comers.

He has often said he takes his opportunity seriously and feels the pressure of trying to do his best for all the people in the team etc. that work hard for him. So he says he feels as though it is his duty to work as hard as he can. And if being dark and brooding to the general populace is his cost for doing that in the way then works for him I reckon he says well feck them.

Personally I like his spirit and I like his determination and I find him seriously entertaining to watch. In my book Pedrosa rode with the most heart and commitment this year. I believe with the tools he was given to work with this year he did an amazing job. I can't believe anybody that saw him ride this year with the front tucking all over the place and the back lit up from waayyy early in the corner can't appreciate him for the fecken brilliant rider he is. He mixed it up with Rossi all year and Rossi certainly looked to have a far more balanced package than Pedrosa. The Spaniard this year for me was the most entertaining to watch, aggression with a capital A.
                              Trev
                              MCNEWS.COM.AU

Comment

Working...
                              X