Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kristy View Post

Folger will be livid.
    Saw something where Lorenzo said if you can do something (in the gp paddock) with less stress, why wouldn't you? (or words to that effect) so figured it was a test rider role. I was lead to believe he burnt his bridges at Yamaha - apparently not.
    I thought Folger burnt his bridges with Yamaha, maybe Lorenzo's was the best of two burnt bridges

re Iannone, I thought he'd test positive for cocaine

Comment

Not many people you can get in to tell give you info on the Hondas and Ducatis. Might be Yamahas plan on that one.

Comment

From Everything Moto GP FB page:
        "It’s being reported that Iannone’s failed test contained Drostanolone, it used to be used for breast cancer, now for bodybuilding. He asked for his B sample to be analysed, we will have an answer for it in January. He said he has lost 7KG over the season. Info from MotoMatters.com"

From this article: https://motomatters.com/news/2019/12...suspended.html

TLDR: it is unlikely he would accidentally take this steroid - it would be a deliberate act. A 4 year ban if the second sample is also contaminated = farewell racing career.
        Last edited by Kristy; 19-12-2019, 10:07 PM.

Comment

I mean, it's one way to get out of his Aprillia contract.

Comment

I wonder if Honda have found some more hp to try and counter Ducati’s straight line speed?
            sigpic
            http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Mex View Post
              I wonder if Honda have found some more hp to try and counter Ducati’s straight line speed?
              Honda made inroads this year and they're much closer (i *think* they some times beat Ducati with top speed). It's Yammy who needs to work on this.

Comment

Wasn’t sure if Honda were keeping up on the straights or if it was sling shots/Marq being awesome... felt sorry for the yammie guys who were riding so well but struggling without the top end.
                sigpic
                http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

So rumours starting up that Abraham will be taking the Aprilia spot should Iannone's B sample confirm the same result. A nutritionist has said eating meat contaminated with the steroid may produce a positive result.

Are Aprilia serious about being a challenger in years to come, or not? They reckon they have an all new, improved 2020 bike but they've been saying that for years. Even if they have, it needs to be in championship winning hands - the things don't ride themselves. They are not going to attract someone to ride it if they don't have near factory calibre riders on board to demonstrate its potential.

I find it laughable someone could pay for a factory ride. Yes, he'd still run rings around every single one of us but he's not a factory calibre rider. While Aleix is not a championship contender he's your steady, middle ground rider who has the right temperament and steady results suitable for this stage of Aprilia's development.

Aprilia will no doubt, flat out deny it because otherwise they'll be seen to not have full trust in Iannone.

I'm not sold on this rumour and I'd be disappointed in Aprilia if they sold out like that. Yes, contracts are squared away but I'm sure there's better options/things that can be arranged if they were serious about upping their game.

Edit: seems the rumour is just for the Sepang test and thereafter dependent upon results.
                  Last edited by Kristy; 24-12-2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

But what decent rider would want to go to Aprilia? Their bike sucks, they’ve treated riders like shit in the past, their promises never seem to happen, they didn’t have their new bike ready for Valencia.

I don’t know if Abraham would have to pay for a ride or not but he’s got plenty of experience, is easy to work with and by all accounts is a really nice guy. After Iannone, maybe they just want someone who won’t be a cunt for a year before the rider market opens up again.

Comment

Yes, I can see the easy appeal of Abraham with or without money but he'll be a seat warmer for a year whereas at least Iannone had the potential to pull out a blinder. But to be fair, we haven't seen Abraham on decent machinery... but I guess we still won't on an Aprilia...

Comment

Yes, I can see the easy appeal of Abraham with or without money but he'll be a seat warmer for a year whereas at least Iannone had the potential to pull out a blinder. But to be fair, we haven't seen Abraham on decent machinery... but I guess we still won't on an Aprilia...
                        Only time he pulled a blinder was when he was having Roid rage (P.I.)....or when he was on a bender in Ibiza.

I would like to see Abraham on something "decent" or at least a decent team mate. I think it sucks balls how Avinta are getting upgraded gear for Zarco but the likes of Rabat weren't worthy of it.

Esperalla or whatever his name is should be doing all he can to ensure the bikes on the grid are as competitive as possible no matter who the rider.

Comment

Rossi has said he'll go to Petronas next year if need be. If Mav stays put it would makes things super awkward for the second spot - Rossi vs Fabio. If they lost Fabio because Rossi wanted to ride on that would be a great loss for future Yamaha.
                          https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...-2021/4621602/
                          Last edited by Kristy; 05-01-2020, 07:55 AM.

Comment

This is a translated article about Iannone now that his B sample has failed to pass the drug test:
                            Google Translation:

Andrea Iannone case: positivity confirmed but the values ​​are low

The examination of sample B confirmed the presence of Drostanolone in the urine of Andrea Iannone, taken by Commissioners Wada at the end of the Malaysian GP on 3 November last. The cross-examination took place in the Wada laboratories in Kreischa, near Dresden, Germany. The Aprilia rider, with a communication dated 17 December 2019, was provisionally suspended by the International Motorcycling Federation, pursuant to art. 7.9.1 of the Fim Anti-Doping Code, for the positivity to Drostanolone, an anabolic exogenous androgenic steroid, included in the prohibited list 1.1a of Wada and found in its urine at the test of November 3, 2019 after the Malaysian GP.

VERY LOW VALUES

The defense of Andrea Iannone will focus on the small amount of banned substance detected. In Dresden both defender Antonio De Rensis and technical consultant, Dr. Alberto Salomone are present. "The counter-analyzes should attest to the presence of metabolites equal to 1,150 nanograms per milliliter, a small quantity" explains lawyer De Rensis. "We also believe that the pilot had been in Asia for over a month and that the test, carried out immediately after the GP, related to a very dense urine sample, equal to 1.024, due to the strong dehydration of the race. It is a fact that comforts us towards the thesis of food contamination, also because steroids are taken with long, not occasional cycles. At the first official communication, we will start our activities to show Iannone's strangeness and return him to Aprilia, whose attitude I guarantee. "

WHAT HAPPENS NOW?

Times are long. The referral is the first official act, followed by the case trial. The defense of Andrea Iannone will have to convince the International Disciplinary Commission of the good faith of the pilot, who must issue a sentence within 45 days. The unsuccessful party may appeal to the Tas (Sports Arbitration Court) in Lausanne. It is almost impossible that Andrea Iannone will be available for the Sepang tests (7 February), when Aprilia will send the prototype of the new MotoGP to the track. The goal of the driver and team is to resolve the delicate issue by the Qatar GP (March 8). But it is a very optimistic forecast. Andrea Iannone risks a simple reprimand of up to four years of suspension, in the event of malice being ascertained.

Comment

Rossi has said he'll go to Petronas next year if need be. If Mav stays put it would makes things super awkward for the second spot - Rossi vs Fabio. If they lost Fabio because Rossi wanted to ride on that would be a great loss for future Yamaha.
                              https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...-2021/4621602/
                              I think that Rossi is positioning himself so that Yamaha and/or Dorna apply pressure to the Petronas team to take him if the factory team want Vinales and Quartararo. For Petronas I’m not that sure the upside outweighs the downside, but I know it does for Dorna.

Comment

Working...
                              X