Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOTOGP Cancelled due to Corona!

Only Moto2 + 3 in Qatar!

Might end up being a short series this year.

Comment

Thailand is, at best, postponed as well. Possibly cancelled.

Comment

The Rossirati are foaming at the mouth saying it's a DORNA conspiracy to allow Marc more time to sort out the bike, and allow him more shoulder recovery time.
        Well, if they're not on the bike they're not improving it, and secondly, the ban has been introduced due to travel restrictions from Italy. Last time I checked Rossi was Italian, and thus the cancellation stands to benefit him and other Italian riders. Without it they would for sure be behind the 8-ball (see what I did there, albeit a championship too late) - even if Marc's not wining every race he will have points on the board.
        A close championship surely entices more people to watch. No one wants to see a Marquez whitewash - not even rabid Marquez fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
          The Rossirati are foaming at the mouth saying it's a DORNA conspiracy to allow Marc more time to sort out the bike, and allow him more shoulder recovery time.
          Well, if they're not on the bike they're not improving it, and secondly, the ban has been introduced due to travel restrictions from Italy. Last time I checked Rossi was Italian, and thus the cancellation stands to benefit him and other Italian riders. Without it they would for sure be behind the 8-ball (see what I did there, albeit a championship too late) - even if Marc's not wining every race he will have points on the board.
          A close championship surely entices more people to watch. No one wants to see a Marquez whitewash - not even rabid Marquez fans.
          Yes because Dorna and Marquez have the power to sway the Qatar government into banning travel from Italy.
          I think the only teams competing would be HRC and KTM everyone else is based in italy IIRC.
          It dies help Marquez's recovery but it also means that HRC dont have time to work on the bike at Qatar after only just fixing some of their issues.
          I say fuck it, please the rabid fans and have everyone not based/in Italy at the GP and see how much they like that.

Thailand is now also suspended indefinitely, COTA will be the first round but I think it is still up in the air. There is still a lot of time for things to develop negatively with the spread of the virus.

Comment

Well COTA has shut up shop indefinitely.

https://www.reddit.com/r/motogp/comm..._indefinitely/

Comment

What a difference a week makes.....seems like a completely different world.

Comment

Originally posted by slowpoke View Post
                What a difference a week makes.....seems like a completely different world.
                Yeah, no kidding. Last week I had an income, now I dont.

Comment

So it looks like Iannones career is over. 18 month ban!

Comment

Well its not like hes missing much this year.

Comment

Originally posted by datsikk View Post
                      So it looks like Iannones career is over. 18 month ban!
                      he was most probably hoping for a 12 month so he did not miss out on anything as this year seems gone.....

Comment

It will be interesting what happens to sport when it returns. How many of the companies sponsoring the teams will be able to cough up the $$$.

Could we see many teams in moto3/moto2 and motogp fold?

Comment

absolutely ^^^^ how can you plan for something when no one truly knows when its going to end and eventually a vaccine is the way which is a little while off... with not as much money coming in somethings gotta give...

Comment

Miller to factory Ducati.

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...-2021/4797165/

Comment

Im sure it wont come as a surprise, but Phillip Island has been cancelled this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X