Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prefectionist View Post
    Thats good news. All he has to do is take it easy this year and let his arm fully heal, and think about the 2021 championship now. So who's going to end up with the title this year?
    Holly cow, what a grid for the Czech GP! If Zarco steps up, I know who will be on the red Duc next year. Almost looks like a changing of the guard. Hopefully the race will be interesting.

Comment

It's getting harder and harder for Dovi to justify his requested pay rise. He has valid reasons for being jaded at Ducati management as they would have happily thrown him under the bus if they secured Fabio and Vinales' services for 2021 so has probably had enough and will only stay if he gets a decent wad of cash. If he doesn't, he may not sign for less. But, as for justifying a pay rise, Dovi has had his time in the sun. In 2017 he was a legitimate championship challenger and in 18 and 19 he also came second. But the gap got bigger each year and the wins, fewer. Ducati are presumably awaiting Dovi's results of the next 3 Ducati tracks, but there's also Zarco's surprise pole. I haven't been following free practice and qually so unsure if a one-off fast lap or not. Bagnaia has also showed promise this year. Plus, there's also Lorenzo - can't discount that. If Ducati let Dovi go, I don't feel they will be losing a potential championship and Ducati know that too. He was always the dependable workhorse but no one expected a championship challenge from him. Historically they've been lacking in up and coming riders e.g. Petrucci's promotion to the Factory team (and if I'm honest, Jack's promotion is because they failed to secure other riders) but seem to have a bit more in reserve this year. If I wanted to make a big call, I'd say Dovi won't win another race. I like Dovi - what's not to like? But I feel he peaked in 2017, and that was a surprise when that happened. If I wanted to be a bit more conservative with my call, I'd say if he doesnt win any of the next 3 races, he won't win another race.

Also, COVID in the paddock...

Comment

Originally posted by Prefectionist View Post
        Hopefully he comes out of it with minimal issues. Nobody wants to (or should want to) see a rider go out due to something like this. Was a hell of a comeback up until that point though.
        I'm amazed he was able to come back the next race and try and qualify
        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
        Originally posted by Phildo
        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
        Originally posted by filbert
        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

So Marc won in his third race. Binder is on track to do the same... the future is looking bright 🏍

edit: Woo! I'm a fan.
          Marc who?

Want to see replays of Pol/Zarco incident. Not convinced Zarco was at fault. is Zarco meant to hold back in case Pol cuts back? Zarco was also hanging off the other side of his bike... maybe there's more to it than what I saw, hence wanting to see replays. I remember a similar incident a few years back - same deal.

Here's a thought - if Marc was Binder with a runaway win, everyone would be saying, boring race. But they're not because it wasn't Marc. First time winner aside, it *was* a boring race - not much close racing.
          Last edited by Kristy; 13-08-2020, 12:48 PM.

Comment

That was a hell of a race from Binder. Who'd have thought youd be seeing a KTM winning a dry race?

Zarco showing that he can still do something impressive on a bike, while all the other Ducatis were nowhere.

Honda are absolutely fucked this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post

Want to see replays of Pol/Zarco incident. Definitely not Pol's fault, but not convinced Zarco was at fault either. is Zarco meant to hold back in case Pol cuts back? Zarco was also hanging off the other side of his bike... maybe there's more to it than what I saw, hence wanting to see replays. I remember a similar incident a few years back - same deal.

First time winner aside, it *was* a boring race - not much close racing.
              In some was Pol being taken out by Zarco was a blessing in disguise for KTM. Imagine if Pol had caught Binder and they took each out!

Dunno about it not being Zarcos fault. Yes, whilst hanging of the bike he could not see Pol however, since he was trying to overtake he clearly knew Pol was there. From what I saw, Pol did not deviate from a normal racing line. The onus was on the passer to do it cleanly.

It was a boring race but exciting for the championship to see a new manufacturer winning followed by 2 independent riders. Really healthy for the championship.

I must say the commentators really annoy me when they say "Factory Aprilia " Are there any other Aprilias out there? Secondly, technically its not a factory team. Its an independent team run by Gresini.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by datsikk View Post

From what I saw, Pol did not deviate from a normal racing line..
                    On second thoughts....Pol was in the wrong. Coming back onto the racing line after running wide.

As for the Austrian race, WOW! 2 blokes who are very very lucky to be alive!

It seems Dovi won't be at Ducati next year. Wonder if that will change if he wins this years championship?

Comment

On second thoughts....Pol was in the wrong. Coming back onto the racing line after running wide.

As for the Austrian race, WOW! 2 blokes who are very very lucky to be alive!

It seems Dovi won't be at Ducati next year. Wonder if that will change if he wins this years championship?
                      And then he went and did it again with Oliveira... prior to doing that he got all pouty after the Zarco/Morbidelli clash where 2 riders almost got taken out by flying bikes. When Binder overtook him two races ago, Pol stepped it up a notch and led to him running wide. Still butthurt by Binder winning, this race he looked to go all out again - was winning but then the restarted race saw him down the order and start running wide again while pushing. Yes, he had to have soft tyres due to the restart but ride within the limits of the tyre (Oliveira said he ran wide on a number of corners). Pol is becoming very unlikeable. I'd say he's starting to rival Lorenzo for the Schadenfreude Crown 😂 i don't know who i'll choose if Lorenzo goes back to Ducati 🤔

Dovi won't be back at Ducati because he needed a large sum of money to help him endure riding for a team who didn't value him. Granted, he jumped before he was pushed but what made him make the decision was Tardozzi saying they'll make their decision after the next 3 rounds - to invest 8 years in each other and have it come down to 3 races was piss poor. Ducati would have thrown him under the bus if they got Fabio or Mav. I think Ducati was hoping he'd leave so they could romance Lorenzo. Ducati wouldn't go back on their decision, nor would Dovi.

edit: Olivera on clash with Pol:
                      "It's in every rider's mind to understand what they could have done differently. If I was Pol already with two incidents of the same character, I would start to think if I am approaching racing in general in the right way because at the moment it seems questionable..."
                      Last edited by Kristy; 19-08-2020, 11:44 AM.

Comment

WOW. What a race! I'm starting to feel someone is out to get Vinales. Feel sorry for Mir who was doing quite well in race one. I think they need to look into tire allocations to prevent riders from having to "save a set" of tires in case of a shortened race.

Should Espargaro have been punished for running wide on the last corner?

Comment

WOW. What a race! I'm starting to feel someone is out to get Vinales. Feel sorry for Mir who was doing quite well in race one. I think they need to look into tire allocations to prevent riders from having to "save a set" of tires in case of a shortened race.

Should Espargaro have been punished for running wide on the last corner?
                          Due to Espargaro running wide, race direction have determined that Zarco will be penalised (/s).

KTM have now lost their concessions. Who'd have thought that Oliviera would be on the top step?

And what about Vinales jumping off the bike due to failed brakes? Fuck that. Think he will be happy to have a weekend off after the last two races.

Comment

Anyone keen to have a MOTOGP tipping comp for the rest of the season?
                            The rules would be. Pick 3 riders. You get 3 times your first riders points, 2 times your second riders points and 1 times your third rider points.
                            example..picks are Lorenzo, Marquez, Stoner.
                            Race result is : Stoner, Lorenzo, Marquez
                            Points given : 3 x 20 + 2 x 16 + 1 x 25 = 117.

Comment

Any thoughts on communication with riders (via earpiece) during races for "safety" reasons? personally, after the crash in moto2 in Austria, sounds good as long as it doesn't turn into F1 style chit chat.

Comment

What a crazy season so far. Impossible to predict but I think Mir should be the favourite to win the title. Vinales will likely keep being Vinales, Fabio *so far* has shown that he has a similar problem to Vinales, Dovi's only championship like finish this year came because of a race restart. Mir is outscoring everyone when he finishes which I think he will continue to and is showing excellent race craft. His only major road block to the championship is the inability of the Suzuki to be fast during qualy.

Fabio lost some fans after his carry on last night. I don't particularly blame him but the rules are simple and apply to everyone. Mir on the other hand wins more fans with every race.

Comment

Working...
                                X