Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by p4p1 View Post

Fabio lost some fans after his carry on last night. I don't particularly blame him but the rules are simple and apply to everyone. Mir on the other hand wins more fans with every race.
    From what I understand, Fabio was pissed cos he received no dash warnings..(according to him) hence he did not modify his lines. I don't know why his team did not display a warning on his pit board.

Comment

Originally posted by datsikk View Post

From what I understand, Fabio was pissed cos he received no dash warnings..(according to him) hence he did not modify his lines. I don't know why his team did not display a warning on his pit board.
      Much like the red light rule in the wet, I'm sure the responsibility for the dash messages working is solely on the team. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't see them. I agree that the team should have put up on the pit board that he had a warning.

The most interesting thing unfolding though seems to be figuring out what is going to happen between VR46 academy, Petronas, Suzuki and Yamaha. That could have some serious implications from 2022.

Comment

So, who has been the dissapointment of the year so far? Rins, A Marquez, Zarco?, Bradl?

Comment

So, who has been the dissapointment of the year so far? Rins, A Marquez, Zarco?, Bradl?
          Rabat is one that stands out. Seems out of touch. The injuries from Silverstone and/or confidence has thrown him a curve ball. Sharks are circling in the form of Luca Marini and maybe others.

Rins had a good result last time out, his injury surely plagued him this year.
          Lil Marquez is always improving. His pace is reportedly fine, with a better grid position, he'll surprise us.
          Zarco is clearly feeling the love from Ducati, getting upgrades and giving feedback on the newer gear in Misano. Ok hes been a little scatter-brained in the race and been on the deck with another rider a suspicious amount of times, but he's going well on the GP19 Duck. Can't complain about his one-lap speed, usually Zarco's in Q2 and had a pole in Brno.
          Bradl (and Smith, Pirro etc) are test-riders and have performed accordingly.

It would have been interesting to see how Dovizioso would have fared against Miller and Bagnaia at Montmelo. Shame he got tangled by Zarco/Petrux incident on the first left hander. Dovi has been a bigger disappointment, perhaps he's been unnecessarily cautious this year to bring home *any* points every race.

Quartararo and Vinales have been unusually inconsistent. They must be asking big questions of Vinales and his crew after their poorly organised weekend last time out. Seems they got a little too focused a few minor problems and bungled their race strategy.
          - Mike

Comment

Id say Vinales. Doesnt matter how well he qualifies, by turn 1 he loses a dozen places and then struggles to overtake anyone.

I think its a little harsh to include Rins there because he was injured for the first few races, but hes still sitting in 8th overall so it hasnt been a terrible season for him.

Comment

My dissapointment of the year was going to go to Alex Marquez or maybe Bradl or Zarco. I guess I need to eat my hat. Great ride by Petrux and AM and bloody bad luck for Miller...again!

Comment

I agree with everything prefectionist said

Comment

Impressive ride by young Marquez again. Great to see him getting confidence in the wet and now dry.

This season is unreal. Lets hope non of the title contenders get covid. Imagine that, set for a final race showdown.....sorry rider X has covid. Game over.

Comment

Impressive ride by young Marquez again. Great to see him getting confidence in the wet and now dry.

This season is unreal. Lets hope non of the title contenders get covid. Imagine that, set for a final race showdown.....sorry rider X has covid. Game over.
                    I remember seeing pictures of Fabio out and about between races - I was surprised. I would be living like a hermit if I were a championship contender. Even if not so. Spain's COVID numbers are growing - just saw a pic posted by Marc showing about 6 other people watching the race - Alex probably lives at home as well/will no doubt see Marc which then potentially subjects him to it.

COVID is escalating again in Europe. With 4 races to go we may get through the season, but who knows.

Kudos to Alex Marquez. Bet HRC are starting to wonder about their choice of Pol... my hope is Pol never wins a race.

Comment

• Taka is getting all the headlines but morbidelli has been just behind him all weekend, he's my tip today

Comment

• Originally posted by wonky View Post
                        Taka is getting all the headlines but morbidelli has been just behind him all weekend, he's my tip today
                        Ended up a good tip!

Nicky Hayden won the championship with "only" 2 wins, could Mir win the title without a single win all season? Would that be the first time ever? Would it lessen his achievement?

Comment

Working...
                        X