Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 discussion thread (Spoilers)

I can't believe this thread hasn't started yet, the new season thread is normally up before the last race has finished.
    Anyhoo, I'm am doing the sportsdeck tipping comp again this year for anyone interested, it's a pretty good way to feel more involved.
    I think Rins is my man this year for the championship but Jack has his best chance yet. Yamaha and Honda need to help their riders with bike development and ktm have to consolidate their position with more wins. But of course this is all talk, when the flag drops we'll see where they are all at.

Thread hadnt been started because so few people drop by these days >.>

The Tech3 KTM is probably best looking bike on the grid this year.

With how little anyone seemed to want to win last season, could be anyones game.

Comment

Marquez is a "possible" for the first round at Qatar...
      Testing is showing some pretty good times, but it seems that there is a big gap amongst the top 5 bikes after day 1 of Testing 2. Final day will hopefully see some more hot laps from all the factories and see how they go.
      Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Marc cleared to ride (maybe not ready for the MotoGP bike??)
        Out on a minibike posted today

MotoGP, Marc Marquez back on the bike: video of his return to the track
        - Mike

Comment

Originally posted by wonky View Post
          I can't believe this thread hasn't started yet, the new season thread is normally up before the last race has finished.
          Anyhoo, I'm am doing the sportsdeck tipping comp again this year for anyone interested, it's a pretty good way to feel more involved.
          I think Rins is my man this year for the championship but Jack has his best chance yet. Yamaha and Honda need to help their riders with bike development and ktm have to consolidate their position with more wins. But of course this is all talk, when the flag drops we'll see where they are all at.
          Hows about a link to this sports deck tipping comp you have going on?

Comment

https://sportsdeck.com/au/motogp/dreamteam/#/

enter league number 245624

Comment

Thanks guy. That's a pretty big site.

Comment

Originally posted by Prefectionist View Post

The Tech3 KTM is probably best looking bike on the grid this year.
                I agree. I wonder why redbull have reduced their sponsorship considering KTM is improving?

As for the championship, Its hard to see Miller winning (but then who picked Mir last year). I'm picking Morbidelli with my dark horse being Espargaró on the Honda.

Comment

Just one mans thoughts........

Half empty.
                  Quart. Did not last last year.
                  Zarco. Big disappointment last year.
                  Mir. Is he real, or was it just win by default.
                  Miller. Crasher.
                  Rossi. When does age finally win the battle.
                  Rins. See Binder.
                  Vinales. See Quart.
                  Petrucci. KTM....not yet.
                  Marini. Rookie.
                  Morbidelli. Hummmmm...satellite team.
                  Mm. Bird with broken wing no fly too high.
                  Alex M. Satellite team.
                  Bastianini. Rookie
                  Lecuona. Hasn't come close yet.
                  Nakagami. Choke.
                  Savadori. Aprilia.
                  Binder. I dunno....maybe the dark horse
                  A Espargaro. See Savadori.
                  P Espargaro. Can he come to terms with the vicious, monster, factory Honda bike.
                  Bagnaia. Hot head?
                  Oliverira. I dunno......see Binder.
                  Martin. Who?

Comment

Just so you know, this isn't last year this is this year.
                    Also with regards to moto2, Sam Lowes is head and shoulders above the rest he should fill his trophy cabinet this year.
                    I've decided that I hate Quaters hair and hope he grows it out soon.
                    Millers shoulder bump is not becoming of a champion and should get a clip under the ear from his boss.

Comment

Its hard to like JM. That looked like a dick move against Mir. And being beaten by a rookie on a satellite bike does not bode well for him.

Gardner seems to be going well this year. Wonder if he will end up getting Petruccis ride next year.

Comment

Well, myself, the replay I saw showed Mir get into Miller first.
                        That he's world champ doesn't give him the right to plow into anyone.
                        He wanted to ride like that, then whines when he gets some back, that's funny.
                        Tit for tat.
                        Miller did nothing wrong.

Comment

Comment

Mir was desperate and made a late move causing contact.
                            He knew it wasn't great and apologized immediately. That should have been the end of it.

Miller was frustrated with his race, and in his head, his move was more subtle and justified than how it appeared to the rest of us.

He claimed Mir left the track and ran into him coming back on, which I failed to see. Mir never left the track.
                            No matter how many times I hit the rewind button, I couldn't make it happen.

It was calculated, and stupid. He lined him up. Mir running wide just helped him seal the deal.

He had a brain snap and hopefully he gets a talking to, and gets back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                              Mir was desperate and made a late move causing contact.
                              He knew it wasn't great and apologized immediately. That should have been the end of it.

Miller was frustrated with his race, and in his head, his move was more subtle and justified than how it appeared to the rest of us.

He claimed Mir left the track and ran into him coming back on, which I failed to see. Mir never left the track.
                              No matter how many times I hit the rewind button, I couldn't make it happen.

It was calculated, and stupid. He lined him up. Mir running wide just helped him seal the deal.

He had a brain snap and hopefully he gets a talking to, and gets back on track.
                              Nada. Don't agree. Mir was riding what some would call dirty.
                              The announcer states he had already gotten into another rider before ramming Miller from the back.
                              That alone tells you he was riding over his head.
                              Mir was pissed because he got passed by Miller in the straight like he was standing still.
                              He overcooks it and hits, some would say tries to punt, Miller.
                              If he was really sorry, Mir that is, he could have pulled up and given the position back to Miller.
                              But hey, why do that, just wave a boot and he's good, in his mind.

Then, a few turns later, Mir overcooks it again, gets in the stripes on a part of the track that is bumped out just for guys that can't hold their line. To keep from getting into the grass Mir turns hard right, to where Miller is, on the track, holding his line.
                              Whats Jack supposed to do, pull up or make room for Mir?
                              That Mir was running out of track was not Millers problem.

Na, say what you guys will. Mir was riding like an entitled asshole.

And furthermore, what really diminishes my view of Mir is the way he cried about it after the race.
                              Reminded me of a little girl. "He showed no respect! We will see if a protest can be lodged!"

Dude, man up, leave it on the track for next time. Nobody wants to hear it.

Comment

Working...
                              X