ASBK alongside V8 Supercars at the L&H500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASBK alongside V8 Supercars at the L&H500

Rumour has it the Australian Superbikes will be alongside the V8 Supercars at this years Phillip Island L&H500.

This will be excellent for the ASBK, giving it television coverage on Seven during the V8 supercar coverage, which generates some pretty big ratings figures.
    The Twitter

It won't translate into TV on seven. The SBK series has contract with ten/one. It will however give the biggest crowds a SBK race has seen in many a year.

edit: according to a little birdy who may or may not reside in St Kilda, seven will be broadcasting the bikes for this event, although I'll remain sceptical until it actually goes to air. Just because it's part of their broadcast deal, doesn't mean they have to show it. (see other support catergorys).
    Channel seven have never been healthy for any sport they have the rights to.
    Last edited by Roger Explosion; 29-08-2009, 05:53 PM.
    Can you help with foster care?
    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

ARRC used to share rounds with the V8's in the 90's.

For bike riders its oil slicks all round, but the TV exposure is good I spose.

The TV coverage has been shithouse for our national series for well over a decade, I love how we get more AMA, BSB, and irish road race series on our TV's than our local stuff - A great feet compared to how many world champions Australia has produced.

Promotors of ARRC = fuckwits interested in $$$, and not the sport sadly
      Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

we had 2+4 meetings in the 70's/80's in melbourne. the track was always kinda slippery for the bikes. good exposure to joe public tho

q
        bevel drive, belt drive, desmoquattro, testastretta, desmosedici....an evolution
        -> Triumph 675, a revolution and obsession
        __________________________________________________ _________________________

Comment

very dangerous in my opinion, but it will generate capital for the following seasons.
          difficult decision really, have money or lose money???
          but oil on the track is a large concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            A
            Promotors of ARRC = fuckwits interested in $$$, and not the sport sadly
            Since when was it never about the money? Nobody cares about the sport/game/whatever anymore.....
            Success is nothing more then taking advantage of an opportunity.

Comment

Working...
            X