Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Mladin quits the AMA

Mladin Retiring, But Not Until He Sits Out This Weekend's Topeka Round

I have noticed that he has repeatedly mentioned he is retiring from the AMA. I asume this means he will pop up in another series next year. BSB? ASBK?
    Your thoughts?
    Can you help with foster care?
    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Good........ DMG fucked AMA Roadracing!

Ridrs with balls have sat out many a race over saftey concerns over the years. Goodonem'

We are not playing checkers here.......
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Good on him for making a stand.

Comment

Sound decision from what I've read about this topic and I will read more! OooooOOooo the drama!! Interesting to see how this plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
          Good........ DMG fucked AMA Roadracing!

Ridrs with balls have sat out many a race over saftey concerns over the years. Goodonem'

We are not playing checkers here.......
          Well said Josh. They really need all the riders to take a stand though. It's been done before. Past experience has shown that it takes something serious to happen before the promoters and organisers will act unfortunately.
          [SIGPIC]Accredited Motorcycling Australia Road Racing Coach Level1 TRAKDAYZ

Comment

Good on him for backing his ideas - wonder how he would go racing in the IoM TT and other similar tracks - there appears to be a vast difference in safety standards between tracks. (I'm no way [email protected] Maladin)

A concern i have about the proposed extension to barbagallo is that it will meet V8 regs and hence be fookin dangerous for bikes with armco barriers close to the track, with a foot or more gap under them.
            Supported and kept fit by sigpic

Comment

I wish he would give WSBK a go. I really do.

Comment

He's had plenty of offers. He makes a mint in the states and he thinks it's good for his family. I'd like to see him have a go but he doesn't owe anything to anyone. It's just a shame to go out on such a low. If you can all dominating a championship a low.
                EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Dominating, but from what I've read and heard (don't follow AMA too much) the yoshi bikes are just so much better then anyone else's. Not that that's his fault or anything. But I think he's made enough money now, he should get Suzuki for WSBK and get his Yoshi guys to work the hell out of it and get out there!

Comment

Working...
                  X