Vermuelen finished at Suzuki?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermuelen finished at Suzuki?

MotoGP.com has announced Bautista is to Join Suzuki next year. As I understand it Caparossi has already signed so unless they run a third bike this would leave Chris out in the cold.

"Suzuki have announced the signing of 250cc frontrunner ءlvaro Bautista, to contest the 2010 and 2011 MotoGP World Championships with their official team.

Bautista was Spanish 125cc champion in 2003 and crowned 125cc World Champion in 2006. He moved up to the 250cc class in 2007 and earned the ‘Rookie of the Year' title for his impressive results. Bautista was runner-up in the 2008 title race and he is currently in contention for this season's 250cc championship, sitting in second place with six races remaining. Since his Grand Prix debut in 2002 Bautista has scored 43 podiums including 16 victories (eight in each class). The 24-year-old hails from Talavera de la Reina in Spain, a town approximately 130kms west of Madrid."
    [SIGPIC]Accredited Motorcycling Australia Road Racing Coach Level1 TRAKDAYZ

Excellent. Now Chris can look for a ride on a decent bike. The Moto GP Suzuki lacks horsepower. He should have a look at one of the Honda or Yamaha rides.
    Most human beings have an almost infanite capacity for taking things for granted

Comment

are there even going to be spots available on honda or yamaha teams? yamaha especially, i'd imaging everyone would be trying to get on one.

Comment

From watching the MotoGP last night, apparently Vermulan has put his hand up for Tech 3 next year, depending on what they decide to do about Toseland's underperformance at the end of the year........
        Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

I believe CV was trying to get another ride anyway and has openly stated that he's not asking for a lot of money (rumours are that he's talked to Herve and basically wants to ride for free!), but that Tech 3 seat is very very hot property at the moment and there are lots of riders out trying to do the same thing.

It's a shame, but I don't think he'll be successful in staying in MotoGP next year. I think he'll be back in WSBK, but that's not a totally bad thing, he can get a good bike and get back to winning ways.

Comment

its rumored vermuelen has offered to go with another team were he can be competive at the front for not much of a paycheck, this will probally be a big desicion point if motogp teams are stugleing finacially.

Comment

If not Yamaha, I believe Elias is out of a ride next year. For gawd's sake, someone give the man a competitive bike.
              Maybe after Kallios' stoopid stunt last night, he should hop across to Ducati for a few rounds....
              Christie. 1972-2012. RIP my dear friend. Never forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
                If not Yamaha, I believe Elias is out of a ride next year. For gawd's sake, someone give the man a competitive bike.
                Maybe after Kallios' stoopid stunt last night, he should hop across to Ducati for a few rounds....
                I agree CV should be on a competitive bike hopefully suzuki can produce said bike soon, if not then another factory ride would be good for Chris.

In my opinion hat stack was not Kallios fault, he took the traditional race line and the other bloke came in on it and at those speeds avoiding that would be near on impossible. My 2 cents.

Comment

CV will not get a factory ride, they're all but gone. I think Elias was asking Tech 3 for too much money so I doubt we'll see him there.

Comment

I thought Elias made a valid point at the post race press conference when he posed the question as to why he couldn't get a ride despite getting podiums each year when there are guys with rides who have never been near a podium. Money? Personality? I dunno, but the guy can obviously ride a bike.
                    [SIGPIC]Accredited Motorcycling Australia Road Racing Coach Level1 TRAKDAYZ

Comment

I would like to see CV stay in GP but I reckon if it's him or TOny Elias, I'd rather see the Spaniard in. He's really fun to watch and puts in on the box on occasion.

Also, why is there any discussion about Colin Edwards being out of a ride? He's having his best season for a long time. Has he re- singed with Tech3 yet?

Silly season in full swing. Lot's of decisions being made now with Vale having all but sewn up the championship.
                      EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebagger View Post
                        Excellent. Now Chris can look for a ride on a decent bike. The Moto GP Suzuki lacks horsepower. He should have a look at one of the Honda or Yamaha rides.
                        Be this as it may... Loris has been outperforming him on the same bike, and he's a fossil (by motogp standards).... great rider, but if I was suzuki i'd be expecting the riders to be the other way around...

Who's he going to join? All the factory teams are pretty filled... as mentioned I guess tech3 would be the ticket if its up for grabs...
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

1 name to tech3 BEN SPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          its a celebration BITCHES!

Comment

Here's some more on it: Vermeulen Out Of Suzuki | MotoGPMatters.com | Kropotkin Thinks
                            "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice." Albert Einstein

Comment

I hope he gets the seat at Tech 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X