AMCN - Rossi to Ducati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMCN - Rossi to Ducati

AMCN trying to sell the story Rossi moves to Ducati in 2011 - Yeah sure - and Schumacher is going to take his place!
    Supported and kept fit by sigpic

I'd love to see Rossi V Stoner on Ducatis.

Comment

Saw the thread title and was like wtf.

Yeahh they wish

Comment

Rossi himself said he might. He's extraordinarily unhappy with Yamaha after they not only gave Lorenzo a one year contract (Rossi says he was forced to sign for 2, and I write forced in italics coz I highly doubt anyone forcing Rossi to do anything!) and that they also said Lorenzo will get the same equipment as him. They last time someone did the 2nd thing to Rossi, he left Honda for Yamaha. Now he's quite openly talking about not finishing his career with Yamaha. See www.gpweek.com, this weeks and last weeks issue for more.

Comment

But I do doubt he'd go to Ducati right?

Unless he plans on finishing his career with an Italian manufacturer?

Comment

Gotta say -- being willing to quit because someone can negotiate a better contract than you and not getting to keep all your toys for yourself, it seems as though we have to crown a new king whinger.

The way he talks about Lorenzo being his "worst enemy" -- is there some friction I'm unaware of, or is he seriously criticising Yamaha for ambitions in having more than one rider able to contest the championship (which is exactly what it seems like he's doing)?

Comment

Given that crash.net ran this story first, I'd call it pretty likely hey.
              The Twitter

Comment

Rossi said before that he would love to ride for an Italian manufacturer, and this might be all the fuel he needs
                Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Would love to see it, he is certainly not afraid of taking a chance on a new team whilst being on top either.

Comment

Originally posted by arwon View Post
                    Rossi said before that he would love to ride for an Italian manufacturer, and this might be all the fuel he needs
                    +1 to that.

He's got nothing against ducati, and beating Stoner on the same machinery would be just the type of cocky thing Rossi would want to do as well. or, proving he can ride the ducati unlike almost everyone else, etc.

like him or not, he's an extremely talented rider, and if anyone can help ducati get their shit sorted, it's Rossi - as he did with yamaha when he quit after winning the championship on the honda (presuming he takes burgess with him).
                    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

But ducati would have to first fire Stoner, or else vow never to give him Rossi's toys, and have a clause in the contract stating "Rossi's contract is Chuck Norris times better than Stoner's" wouldn't they?

Comment

I think they're more likely to fire hayden or one of the other also-rans.

As to rossi calling lorenzo his "worst enemy" its just him being sensational. i think his translation from italian to english is sometimes a little over the top (remember, he's a native italian - english is his second language) - lorenzo is certainly his most serious rival at the moment, and "rival" in the context of "battle" as he calls his races = enemy.

i wouldn't read *that* much into him calling lorenzo an "enemy" really...

as to contracts - if ducati want rossi and are willing to show him that they care about what he wants from the bike, i don't think money is going to be a major issue. the challenge is there (like with yamaha in 2003), and i don't think he feels "special" at yamaha any more which seems to be important for him.

he has plenty of money...
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by xanthian View Post
                          But ducati would have to first fire Stoner, or else vow never to give him Rossi's toys, and have a clause in the contract stating "Rossi's contract is Chuck Norris times better than Stoner's" wouldn't they?

Dont bring Chuck Norris into this!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                            presuming he takes burgess with him
                            Rossi has said he will only race on two wheels whilst burgess continues.

Comment

Originally posted by xanthian View Post
                              Gotta say -- being willing to quit because someone can negotiate a better contract than you and not getting to keep all your toys for yourself, it seems as though we have to crown a new king whinger.
                              Rossi has always been a shit eating, whiney little bitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X