Kings of wanneroo november

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings of wanneroo november

I was recently over at the Perth Bike Show to help promote the forthcoming Kings of Wanneroo on Nov 6/7/8 at Barbagallo.

I'm the editor of Irish Racer magazine, but I have been employed by the MCRCWA to recruit the international riders for the '09 event.

I'd be very keen to hear the forum members' views on the event, if you attended last year, and what you think we could do to improve it for the future.

Paul Lindsay
    Irish Racer Magazine
    Irish Racer Magazine - Current information from the world of motorcycle sport throughout Ireland

Hi Paul, welcome to PSB.

I met you briefly at last year's event I believe.

I thought last year's event was awesome. unfortunately the 2 major factors that I believe would contribute to a "better" event this year are one's that are out of your control (mostly)

1. Bigger crowds (high chance this will occur anyway due to the success of last year as well as what seems to be a better lead-up in terms of exposure)

2. Better facilities at the track (everyone is waiting on this one)

Other than that I can't add a lot. I'll be there rain , hail or shine anyway.

See you at Kings!
    Find me on Instagram

Comment

Good on ya for getting the riders over here for this loved it last year great racing ..

it'd be good if we could get a superscreen Click image for larger version

Name:	superscreen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	4866133
      set up so we can see the action as it happens at the basin the only corner we can't see from the stands

Comment

Yeah we've tried for the superscreen....but at 15k to hire...then getting the cables run from the varying camera angles...add to that getting someone to film it ect...it just wasnt viable within the budget.
        Originally posted by Red_is_Best
        hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

well, I'll definately keen on the sidecar action, good move getting them on board :-)

that and a ban on sideburns, bushfire season round here ya know ;-)

Comment

Tetly sponsorship? After all, Guy Martin is on the list.......
            Can you help with foster care?
            http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Fkn milk first!
              Find me on Instagram

Comment

I'm glad to hear the feedback is positive; and yes a giant screen would be superb, but having worked with BBC NI at the NW200 I do know how much they cost. If you guys come through the gate in 'droves' this year then maybe the club can try to find a suitable sponsor for 2010.

This event is still in its infancy but the level of competitor we have secured is very much top notch – so come on WA bike supporters, show them how much the Aussies love motorcycle racing.

This event is on a different level to the Aussie Superbike Championship. Basically we need you guys to vote with your feet so I can continue to bring these riders back year on year.

See you all at the welcome meeting on Nov 2 in Burswood on Swann [I hope I've got that right Stu!?]. Buy your tickets from the MCRCWA before they are all sold out. We have one hell of a fun night planned.

Paul Lindsay
                Irish Racer Magazine

Comment

... and just an update on the Irish Superbike Championship.

British Superstock Champion for 2009: Alastair Seeley won his 7th straight ISB race earlier today; and even though the tiny Suzuki star has only competed in a handful of races, he is very much on course to take the ’09 ISB title and with it a dream trip to Perth for the Kings of Wanneroo.

Paul

Comment

What amazes me is this is pretty much the only international motorsport event WA gets (outside of drags or speedway). People just don't seem to understand the calibre of the people coming out to our little city.

The Irish roadracing and IOMTT racers are amongst the best riders on the planet. MotoGP riders are in awe of their talent, and say they are completely nuts to do what they do.

So if you love top-level racing, please tell your friends, and come out to support the Kings. If we do that, it can only get better from here.
                    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Fully agreed Barfy.......evry time I hear this mentioned I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I'm taken the Friday off work and am booked in for marshalling for the three days. I'm not going to miss a second of this.

Comment

I cant wait for this. Seriousley...these guys are beyond the realms of most GP riders in their skills and talent.
                        Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                        hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Has Kings of Wanneroo got anything on Farcebook?
                          Find me on Instagram

Comment

Well, I'll have one of the best seats in the house, will be a marshal for the Kings and proud to say so.
                            07 MV F41000R
                            09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
                            07 CBR 600RR trackbike
                            sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                              What amazes me is this is pretty much the only international motorsport event WA gets (outside of drags or speedway). People just don't seem to understand the calibre of the people coming out to our little city.

The Irish roadracing and IOMTT racers are amongst the best riders on the planet. MotoGP riders are in awe of their talent, and say they are completely nuts to do what they do.

So if you love top-level racing, please tell your friends, and come out to support the Kings. If we do that, it can only get better from here.
                              Originally posted by Rat750 View Post
                              Fully agreed Barfy.......evry time I hear this mentioned I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I'm taken the Friday off work and am booked in for marshalling for the three days. I'm not going to miss a second of this.
                              i have cancelled all my plans for that weekend.
                              I can not wait to see the kings.
                              You know what you get for being a hero? Nothing. You get shot at. A little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy. You get divorced. Your wife can't remember your last name. Kids don't wanna talk to you. Get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy

Comment

Working...
                              X