X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this all about?

What did I miss?

Open letter to riders from the FIM President | The Official MotoGP Website
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Good. its about time. After seeing the results of the final corner of the 125's last round i was pissed off that after all those laps and a hard faught race, some dick takes out the leader in the last corner when there was no chance of him making the corner, or that dick Fabrisio taking out Spies in a similar manor.
    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

at least it's still racing. it's not as bad as deliberately crashing your machine and causing a safety car to come out so that your team mate can win the inaugural F1 night race it's always been a better world on two wheels (plus, pit stops are for pussies)
      Originally posted by Pkunk
      It is a SCIENTIFIC FACT that all blondes with good bodies look 80000000000000000000000x without blonde hair

Comment

Could be:
        The 125 fiasco on the last corner corner at Misano (Iannone), followed by a head-but, followed by his remarks to the media ""he disgusts me, as does his bike. Spaniards are like that."

Or Hayden's comments after de Angelis took him out at San Marino “Turn one and two here is really tight and everybody was pushing hard, and out of the corner of my eye I see this fruity rainbow helmet coming and I thought ‘this isn’t going to work’,” he said.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvTF9lagRz0]YouTube - Nicky Hayden interview after San Marino Gp - Enel Ducati[/ame]

Or Edwards' Dumbass Italian remark "We're in Italy, so there's always gotta be some dumbass Italian being a hero."

bet there is more...

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaChild View Post
          at least it's still racing. it's not as bad as deliberately crashing your machine
          So how do you figure that?

Comment

Alex de Angelis' crash was because he tried to get ahead too quick too early. he wanted to get ahead, not mow down two other riders and take himself out of the race at the same time - this is what we call ACCIDENTAL. on the other hand, Piquet's crash was because he wanted to slow the race down, force others to take pit stops while his team mate jumped the cue and got ahead (and took the win as a result) - this kind of crashing we call DELIBERATE

crashes will happen in all sorts of racing. trying to push your machine to the limit will invariably result in some poor sod going over the limit and pranging it. happens all the time. crashing like in the 2008 F1 Singapore GP, yes, it is strategy, but it's also against the spirit of pure racing (which F1 claims to be the pinnacle of). if you want to play with pawns, go and get a chess board. a lot less expensive, yeah
            It is a SCIENTIFIC FACT that all blondes with good bodies look 80000000000000000000000x without blonde hair

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaChild View Post
              Piquet's crash was because he wanted to slow the race down,
              More like his team wanted to, was it not Piquet who came clean? I'm not sure. I do not follow four wheelers at all.
              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

they're all pointing fingers at each other atm as to whose idea it was. Renault's team principal and head of engineering got booted off the team, banned from anything FIA-sanctioned. too much politics going on there, not enough racing unfortunately

Comment

De Angelis didn't want to mow down other riders or put himself out of the race but what he did was stupid! and completely avoidable. He was riding dangerously put aside everything he knows about racing just because he was desperate. Racing is dangerous and people crash (trust me I know) but the last thing you want is people riding without regard for others. If you watched the superbikes on the weekend you'd hear the comentators saying similar things about Rea
                  Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Comment

yes, i agree. reckless riding like what Alex de Angelis did is stupid and causes accidents that would otherwise be avoidable. but it still is in the spirit of racing. what happened at the F1 night race in Singapore last year was not in the spirit of racing. while the end result was the same for both Piquet and de Angelis (ie. DNF), the conditions under which the crashes came about are very different. and imho, that makes Piquet's crash worse

Comment

Working...
                    X