Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for Stoner to get second in championship...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for Stoner to get second in championship...

the way I figure it...

1Valentino ROSSIITAFiat Yamaha Team286
    2Jorge LORENZOSPAFiat Yamaha Team245
    3Casey STONERAUSDucati Marlboro Team220
    4Dani PEDROSASPARepsol Honda Team209
    5Andrea DOVIZIOSOITARepsol Honda Team152
    6Colin EDWARDSUSAMonster Yamaha Tech 3148

for Casey to get second, he'd have to win and Lorenzo to DNF or put it down the road. And because they both now have 4 wins each, Casey's win on the the day would make his tally 5...

The battle for 5th may be interseting...

Maybe Nicky Hayden can repay Jorge for ruining his Phillip Island race?
    Originally posted by The Wolf
    That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.

Comment

This is not formula 1
      Fuck would that be contravesial though
      REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
      (anarchy in english )

Comment

Originally posted by DTee View Post
        hahaha now THERE'S a thought!

Comment

maybe CS can get CV to slip it to Loopy.....this is CVs last MotoGP race...his mind is already thinking of the Green Machine.
          Originally posted by Viper
          I'm probably fucking something up.
          FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
          Administrator

Comment

Rossi did it to Pedrosa last year. In one of the practice sessions Rossi braked mid-corner forcing Pedrosa to stand it up to miss him and running off.

Comment

if he did that, maybe he will keep his position at Ducati.. just maybe.

not Nicky's style though.
              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by arwon View Post
                  if he did that, maybe he will keep his position at Ducati.. just maybe.
                  Hayden's already signed for 2010 at Ducati, so he's not worried. They recognise Hayden has been unlucky this year with races being ruined through no fault of his own.

From reading interviews with Livio Suppo, Ducati's aim for Hayden isn't for him to be finishing on the Podium. As far as they're concerned there are two tiers of MotoGP competition: The 4 Aliens, who will take the podiums, and the "rest", will fight for the remaining places. With Casey as their ticket into Tier 1, they just want Hayden to be competitive with the rest of the field.

The real shame is that the 2006 Champ is going to finish 13th this year, only beating Toseland and the rookies. Which is sad, since Hayden is a class act and I'd prefer to see him on a Honda, if that would have him back at the front of the grid. Remember his championship year only had two wins - but he was super consistent.

But he's obviously happy at Ducati, since he's re-signed. He and Casey seem to have bonded better than any other team I can think of. I think part of that is Nicky recognising the role Casey played in Valencia 2006, and that they both seem to have a similar outlook towards Rossi.

Sorry for wall of text. Wife likes watching MotoGP, but her eyes glaze over if I talk about it. Got to get it out somewhere...

Comment

Where in the world would you find ANY racing team that allowes their 2nd rider on same material to be a second tier performer?
                    Find me one and I'll apply and do that work!
                    Hayden is NOT a class act and he got very lucky getting that title somehow.
                    Look at the difference in ability between Hick Hayden, Melandri etc and Casey Stoner.
                    As soon as he jumped back on the Duc it was again competative and in the rain invincable!
                    Casey on a Honda will do a Mick Doohan with the right group of engineers in his team!

Comment

Soup :: SuperBikePlanet.com Interview: Ducati MotoGP Team Manager Livio Suppo :: 09-04-2009

There you go. Follow the link to get Livio's full thoughts on the matter, but here's the crux:
                      And because now there are four of these guys, if you don't have one of these four guys, is difficult to finish on the podium. So with all respect for all the other guys, these four kids make another sport.
                      As for Nicky not being a class act - find me one interview where he has not been the consumate professional, or anywhere he has made disparaging remarks about a teammate or other rider, even after they have crashed into him. Even after Pedrosa's unbelievably stupid move in your poster, he was incredibly circumspect, given the situation.

He's also the definition of fighting until the end. Phillip Island this year was another good example. Most guys would have pitted and put their feet up rather than continue on a damaged bike. Nicky stayed out on the slim hope of rain - allowing him to pit and change to his spare bike.

But let's be honest Jamathi - you know all that as well as I do. Your real problem with Nicky is that's he's the "Kentucky Kid", rather than the "Kalgoorlie Kid"...

Comment

Not a class act his driving/performance for this team has been Shocking!
                        Where was he when Stoner became ill and did not drive for 3 races?
                        America is a BIG customer for Ducati, maybe that is why he got the job of being bridesmate.
                        Honda le thim go and Ducati did see a marketing excersice selling more Ducs in Yankland.
                        I admit, I do not rate nor even like the hick, but he is on the factory Ducati and I am NOT!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamathi View Post
                          Where was he when Stoner became ill and did not drive for 3 races?
                          Podium at Indy, 10 points at Brno, and smashed by some idiot at San Marino after starting from the second row. But it has been a crap year for him. Even worse than his rookie year at Honda!

Originally posted by Jamathi View Post
                          America is a BIG customer for Ducati, maybe that is why he got the job of being bridesmate.
                          Of course it is - but it's nothing new to motorsport.

Dorna themselves have been known to "promote" or "encourage" certain riders in the GP classes, if they believe it will be good for their TV earnings and bottom line. If memory serves correctly, Casey Stoner is one such example.

Anyway, congratulations Jamathi. You and I have completely derailed this thread. I'll try and stay On Topic from now on.

Comment

The pleasure is all mine.
                            Good to see someone else who is passionate about bike racing.
                            The golden rule in racing;
                            When the FLAG drops, the BULSHIT stops.

Comment

I really hope hayden is still on the ducati next year.

He's had a shit year as mentioned - injury in the off-season that prevented doing any testing. Still injured for the first few races of the season. injury aggravated in round 1 or 2 if i recall. Limited testing allowed this year.

However, in the past few races he's been doing good things, just had the misfortune to be taken out by other riders.

I really think, given some actual time on the bike, he'll be good on it.

There was a big write up in AMCN recently about the duke and how no one can ride it.. and to paraphrase the team engineer (can't find the mag right now or i'd quote): we try not to do big changes for the other riders because they get confused.

what
                              the
                              fuck

big changes in one direction or the other is how you find out wtf is going on and what effect the change is having.

they've been unwilling to change the bike all season - now they're finally doing stuff like moving the seat height around (according to hayden, this has been a huge help and one reason for his improved results recently), progress is coming.

from what was said in that interview, hayden and melandri were treated like idiots who have no idea on bike setup and had no input. the "it works for stoner, so it will work for you" mentality seems to have prevailed...

they're (all, every one in motoGP) world class riders ffs.... not cbr150 junior road racers...
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X