Summer Superbike Series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Superbike Series!

Should we run a summer superbike series in Australia?
    This would be the off season for most of our top riders, and could be our best chance to see the likes of Corser, Bayliss, Godard, Pitt, McCoy, Maladin, etc ride over here.
    The weather is better and we could pull larger crowds.

Please let me know what you think.

Well you know my thoughts, fuck yeah!!!!! Bring it on!!!

Comment

<points up> wot he said.
      The more 2 wheeled action the better!

Comment

yeah for sure, what he and she said < up there >

It certanly beats cricket

but then so does gardening

Comment

Summer Series

yeah for sure, what he and she said < up there >

It certanly beats cricket      

but then so does gardening  

Your not much of a team player then? :?

Comment

the only team games I like are soccer, rugby, a little tennis
            and [email protected]$%ing , oops shouldn't go there

Comment

the only team games I like are soccer, rugby, a little tennis  
              and [email protected]$%ing , oops shouldn't go there    
              Every thing apart from tennis, thats more boring then cricket!

Comment

Re: Summer Superbike Series!

Should we run a summer superbike series in Australia?
                This would be the off season for most of our top riders, and could be our best chance to see the likes of Corser, Bayliss, Godard, Pitt, McCoy, Maladin, etc ride over here.
                The weather is better and we could pull larger crowds.

Please let me know what you think.
                I don't know that you'll find too many spectators that would say no to this idea :-)
                I doubt you could count on WA getting a round unless somebody forks out a heap of money to cover the cost of teams travelling this far west from the Eastern States - and if we did get one it better be the first in the series otherwise teams look at the points possibilities and unless they absolutely need the points they won't make the trip.

I don't know but wouldn't the top world class riders have contracts that might make it difficult to participate themselves let alone bring their championship bikes with them. Wasn't the end of the SWANN series something to do with these problems?

From a rider's point of view (that absolutely loves being on the track) I have to say that I'm looking forward to resting my body, my wallet and my bike for a few months. That might not be important to teams that consist of more than a single person though. The actual riding is only a small part of the overall effort that goes into getting the bike to the track every couple of weeks.

I've entered the Historic National Championship which is held here in Perth in two weeks time. Four days of bike racing!
                Went out today for my first ride on a borrowed 1980 GSX1100 and managed 72's - and I only did twenty laps. Very, very different to ride than what I'm used to but bloody good fun :-)
                Got a busy fortnight to try to get the pig to handle now.

Are you riding this season?
                Be safe,
                Larry
                #52 MCRC
                #105 HCMC

Comment

AUSGIXXERPILOT wrote
                  I don't know that you'll find too many spectators that would say no to this idea
                  I doubt you could count on WA getting a round unless somebody forks out a heap of money to cover the cost of teams travelling this far west from the Eastern States - and if we did get one it better be the first in the series otherwise teams look at the points possibilities and unless they absolutely need the points they won't make the trip.

I was told that the joining of Australian Superbikes and Formular Extreme would see a round held over here in WA (fingers crossed). And yes I would agree, we should hold the first round over here, no one would want to give up points early!

AUSGIXXERPILOT wrote
                  I don't know but wouldn't the top world class riders have contracts that might make it difficult to participate themselves let alone bring their championship bikes with them. Wasn't the end of the SWANN series something to do with these problems?

The would be correct for the Moto GP riders, but most the top riders come home and do some motorcross and stuff and still manage to get injured! At least they are keeping there fitness levels up.

AUSGIXXERPILOT wrote
                  Are you riding this season?

You bet ya I am! Same deal as you, trying to set the bike up. Having problems with front end dive, have received my new White Power fork springs, and will be fitted next week. Then we start again with set up (oh joy!)
                  Next track day for me is Nov 15th then the PE track day, hopefully a few more before next season starts, more practice the better for me, so far every day I go out my times go down (thats good for me). 8)

Comment

Cool
                    Have you got somebody helping you set it up?
                    I had chronic dive initially and it got more troublesome as my times dropped. I fitted .95's which helped a little but they seemed to lose their strength very quickly.
                    The biggest help was reducing the air gap. I think stock was 110mm and I dropped it to 80mm. I'm now running 60mm and so far I'm pleased with its behavior.

I don't know about the Formula Extreme being much enticement since we don't run FE over here anyway.

I'll probably be there for the MCRC two day event in November so I'll see you there. I won't be riding but they've got me running the video camera on the eastern states rider's bikes :-)

BTW - I've got onboard video from every tuning day this year if you'd like to have a look.

Be safe mate,
                    Larry

Comment

I have got .95's ready to fit next service (next week), I am also changing fork oil to a heavier grade. Last track day I was running constistant 68 sec and dropping to 66 sec at times.
                      I have a friend who comes down and watches me and gives advise (Ex NZ superbike champ, has also worked for 4 to 5 GP teams (last team being Red Bull Yamaha & TSR back in 1998). Has not been on a bike for some time, nor has he worked on one either.
                      Next time out I might hear some thing different besides you ride like a pussy (he's a prick at times!)

I'll see you next track day, look for the black Honda.

Comment

I have got .95's ready to fit next service (next week), I am also changing fork oil to a heavier grade. Last track day I was running constistant 68 sec and dropping to 66 sec at times.
                        I have a friend who comes down and watches me and gives advise (Ex NZ superbike champ, has also worked for 4 to 5 GP teams (last team being Red Bull Yamaha & TSR back in 1998). Has not been on a bike for some time, nor has he worked on one either.
                        Next time out I might hear some thing different besides you ride like a pussy (he's a prick at times!)

hahahaha thats cause he's a bloody Kiwi!!!! Tell him I said hi!

Comment

More like SMALL MAN cindrome!

Comment

More like SMALL MAN cindrome!
                            Now now, we shouldn't get personal cause the man has a small appendage!!! hehehehe

Comment

Working...
                            X