Wanted: Level 1 Barbagello Track Day May 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Level 1 Barbagello Track Day May 14th

Hi people, Im chasing a Level 1 for this track day if anyone has one. Somehow I stuffed up and missed it- I thought my work roster put me out of the running. So far I miss every one except this, is my back to back running it or something?!^_^
    I know about the waiting list, my name is down but as per this thread
    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ilable-124506/
    I thought I would post as well.
    Plus there's no general thread for this date yet so I figured Id just start one
    Chaos-incarnate
    Last edited by Chaos-incarnate; 05-04-2011, 01:57 AM.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

bump

Comment

Don't forget MCRCWA Racecraft days if your roster sux balls for Trakdayz.

Racecraft Dates

You will need full leathers for Racecraft ( 2 piece ok ) but you can hire them if you don't have them.

Trakdayz will probably still make you do Level 1 even if you do a few Racecraft days when you finally do get a date.
      The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Yeah Im just looking into these now.
        Ahh, I heard they had to be one piece- cheers Corona! I just got a two piece so its all good then.
        Ive done a track day and passed level 1, doing it again the big bike. Still heaps to learn so going over it again will help.
        Also the RAC tuning days, thanks Stony for putting me onto those Gotta do Advanced Rider first, only once though hey.
        What about HCMC and Champions?
        Still trying to work who does what and the rules for each. Obviously Im still at baby learner stage, but would like some more track time.

Comment

IMO, if your still only 1 or 2 trackdays in, I would stay with a company that has on track instructors, ie trackdays.

champions are a good provider but they dont have any instructors on track to help keep you poinitng in the right direction, unless you pay extra.
          I havent been able to make a racecraft yet, but they have on track instructors i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by mattDC5R View Post
            IMO, if your still only 1 or 2 trackdays in, I would stay with a company that has on track instructors, ie trackdays.

champions are a good provider but they dont have any instructors on track to help keep you poinitng in the right direction, unless you pay extra.
            I havent been able to make a racecraft yet, but they have on track instructors i believe.
            Racecraft is exactly that, we coach for racing. You still have instructors who follow you and give you pointers, but it is generally expected, that you got some knowledge about riding and riding at speeds, that point you towards racing.
            SP RACINGis supported by:
            MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
            Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
            Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
              Racecraft is exactly that, we coach for racing. You still have instructors who follow you and give you pointers, but it is generally expected, that you got some knowledge about riding and riding at speeds, that point you towards racing.
              Cheers for that info Stephan, thats the sort of thing I need to know.
              mattDC5R- at this stage Ive got more info in my head than skillz on the road, so to be able to ride the track and get it into practise is what Im looking to achieve.

Comment

This is actually incorrect Stephan. Level 1 & 2 "Racecraft" run by the MCRCWA are now called "ridecraft", as there is the obviously incorrect perception that the main reason for doing these days are for racing. If you are interested in racing, then continue onto Level 3 where they will focus on racing, and assessing you for your race license, however level 1 & 2 of the MCRCWA run course is almost exactly the same as the Trakdayz level 1 & 2.
                Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

I stand corrected then....
                  SP RACINGis supported by:
                  MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                  Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                  Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

I stand corrected then....
                    ...said the man in the orthopedic shoes
                    "Speed Kills". The stupid person's answer to a complex problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
                      This is actually incorrect Stephan. Level 1 & 2 "Racecraft" run by the MCRCWA are now called "ridecraft", as there is the obviously incorrect perception that the main reason for doing these days are for racing. If you are interested in racing, then continue onto Level 3 where they will focus on racing, and assessing you for your race license, however level 1 & 2 of the MCRCWA run course is almost exactly the same as the Trakdayz level 1 & 2.
                      Thats a good idea, I got mixed info from a few people regarding this, name change will be beneficial I think. Also, you have to do Level 1 first, Trackdayz and Ridecraft two seperate things they told me on phone. Assuming then that you have to do each level and pass to go up to next one?

Still chasing the L1 Trackday, and also if youve got a couple Level 1 ridecraft for tmoz I will gladly buy them off you (this is my last desperate attempt for the ridecrafts, sorry for the post whoring)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
                        Mmmm i just did Level 2 Racecraft on the weekend and was assessed for Licence,i thought level 3 was more involved into the racing side of it

Comment

Yay! Got a place thank you! So if you have a spare one see Thunderbirds thread, he's still chasing one.
                          See you all there on the day, and thanks for all the useful info guys
                          Oh, and one more thing- I have been asked why the wait list didn't work, so here is the email I received after putting my name on the list:
                          Hi Blankety,
                          The waiting list isn’t operating at the moment, you are welcome to find someone with a ticket to sell and purchase their place.* Just make sure to let us know you are the new ticket holder.
                          Cheers
                          Nic

Comment

Working...
                          X